Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The answer is Hwy 604.  Trust me - this is one cross road not to be missed.

And here is where the rest of the riddle (appropriately) came from:

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+does+604+mean&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS818US818&oq=what+does&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j35i39j0i131i433j0l3j69i60.2041j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I'm not sure I buy that, but I tried...

Duane - you are up!
Lol! I totally missed that as a clue. I just thought, wow, Pants really is inspired by that road.  That was pretty good. 

Same little hill from another angle in this pic that I took

34886493533_c8242edc6c_b.jpg

I must not be the only one whose attention was caught by that old farm

50995572391_46582cc776_b.jpg

Hood it is. 

You Oregonians might get a kick over how much these two easterners enjoy the high desert. Riding up 97/197, it seems like we watched Hood on the horizon for hours. Just when we start to think the road will go high, straight and flat all the way to the Arctic Circle some great sweepers drop us down into and then up out of Maupin and there is Hood again. Then it's a little more high straight and flat to the Columbia River. At least that's how I fondly remember it.

Just for kicks Google Earth streetview    45°12'26.62"N   121° 7'24.47"W   and pan around

U.S. 26 bout' 25 miles east of Prineville, OR, looking west?
197 near Maupin looking west to Mt Hood. 

Got somewhere to take us Ray?

Edit-Doggonnit Archer now I want to go to Prineville and Mt Venon and Spray and a bunch of Idaho and........

Edit-1911, sorry I was late with my guess, but I was there last September going to RR #9

Panman is the ride leader you want for all part Central and Eastern Oregon.  He took us places that cattle fear to travel.  LOL.

MANY of us consider the road off this overlook one of the greats! The trick is to stop thinking of it as a raceway and just stop to take it all in for a moment 

Not Cherohala but you can do this road and Cherohala in the same weekend or even the same day, and it would be a good weekend or day.

Latest posts