New Policy We Should Adopt?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh. My wife has a book called Uppity Women. But I don't think that Jill makes the cut. Need to be *really* uppity to make the cut, it seems.
Rancho
I like this book better. I'm working on my 'Uppity' skills.

Mr. Uppity

• Learn more about using Wikipedia for research •From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mr. Uppity is part of the Mr. Men series of books, by Roger Hargreaves.

Story

Mr. Uppity lives in Bigtown and is very rich. He is rude to everybody (they call him Miserable old Uppity) until one day he meets a goblin. When he is rude to the goblin, the goblin shrinks Mr. Uppity so he can fit into a hole in a tree, and they enter the tree to meet the King of the Goblins. The goblin agrees to shrink Mr. Uppity if he is rude to somebody. This happens, until Mr. Uppity is nice. In the end, he's still rich, but now he's very popular. He most frequently uses the words, "Please" and "Thank you." Hargreaves says, "Thank you for reading this story, and if you're ever thinking about being rude to somebody, please keep a sharp lookout for goblins."

No offence to the creators/admins here (who I think have done a great job with this site and their continued work) but my only beef is the search function. It often does not pay....sometimes returning such a confusing labrynth of stuff, a guy would be better off looking for WMDs. :clapping:
None taken, but I'm confused.

Somehow, by some miracle, the searching successful people that help the searching unsuccessful people somehow stumble across the answers when they search.
I'm so pleased to see Dr. Seuss has been reincarnated as Ignacio. "And when tweedle beetles battle in a puddle in a bottle and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles...." :lol:

Somehow they navigate this "confusing labyrinth". I agree the board method is not perfect, but are you saying the alternate search method via Google is hard too? The web doesn't get much easier than what [SIZE=12pt]Larry Page and Sergey Brin made. [/SIZE]
Maybe scientists will find a gene someday that shows our population is comprised of successful Google searchers and those that aren't.
The world is comprised of 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

In the meantime, I just can't imagine that it's that much like rocket science to find something....if somebody ACTUALLY tries. I've even helped people via PM that were stumped and walked them through the process and they regular search and find stuff now.
Again, people can ask and wait for kindness sure. But, as an aside if TWN can find something on his own..... :glare:
Just give him a copy of Gray's Anatomy and a mirror. He'll be fine. :unsure:

Though I shouldn't give him too much shit given that I got a thumbs up from him earlier in the thread. I'm FAMOUS! OR INFAMOUS! SOMETHING! :yahoo:

Rancho

Hi, I am new at this and want to know if the search button is on the handle bar? I have a 2005 and can't seem to find it. Can I use the search button to find my missing socks?
It's right next to the Easy Button!!

JW
Hey Willy,

Are you a post whore or a smart ass here?

I'm soo confuzed :blink:
Willy,

He's asking because if it's the first of those two choices, he'll give you some of his tried-and-true performance tips...

:trinibob:

The search function can be useful in certain caes, but other times it comes up with so many topics that have nothing to do with the information your searching for it could take hours to go thru it all. While picking on newbies is a national past time on here, (for some) I think the newbies should be cut some slack if they are just asking information. I'm sure there are a lot other things they'll mess up on we can then crap on them for !!!!!!!

If you're too lazy to use the search then you have to be prepared for someone to call you on it.

If you're too busy to read the forum giudelines, then please, no whining if you get dogpiled when you violate them.

If you're time is too valuable to waste reading the NOOB guidelines & FAQ's, guess what, you're wasting your time and ours.

These days, when someone posts a common question, I'll do a quick search & provide some 'clicky here' links. No blah blah, no ass kiss, just clicky. One of the things that makes this forum great is the previous threads & how-to's. If someone doesn't have the gumption to learn how to search, what the hell are they doing with an FJR ?

There. Got that out of my system. Now anyone have an oil question ?

I didn't get one of them fancy fuse blocks, but I put positive and negative barrier strips in for easy electronic set up with a relay to the positive for switched power.

DSC09620aaa.jpg

I have posted this before, but I just wanted to be clear that it's worth talking about again.

See I got one of them original BIG starcoms. Kewl eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get one of them fancy fuse blocks, but I put positive and negative barrier strips in for easy electronic set up with a relay to the positive for switched power.
I have posted this before, but I just wanted to be clear that it's worth talking about again.

See I got one of them original BIG starcoms. Kewl eh?
:haha: :grin: :grin: Glad to see your on the ball 'ovale. Now, a brief interlude with odot an friends :lol:

:jester:

Hi, I am new at this and want to know if the search button is on the handle bar? I have a 2005 and can't seem to find it. Can I use the search button to find my missing socks?

JW
Hey Willy,

Willy,

He's asking because if it's the first of those two choices, he'll give you some of his tried-and-true performance tips...

Is a post whore like a pole dancer? I know I should have used the search tool.

JW
Hey Willy,

Willy,

Rayban,

I guessing you are post whoring, cause you're falling way short on the smart ass thing :****:

This thread is making it very clear that I am way to addicted to the FJR forum. ST-N has a 71 page thread on cleavage and this is the shit I'm reading. Bunch of old farts. :p

"It takes less time to answer a question (and even less to walk away) than to come up with a sarcastic reply that seems witty to you."

Hey now WTF?

You gotta be kidding!

That would sure take all the amusement out this forum!

I thought the sarcastic remarks were the prime motivator so you learned how to search the archives.