North American Wild Card Moto-Tag Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Mikey. Who knew 2 doors would be so difficult?

Extra points for dirt road! A man after my own heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
A tractor in its natural environment, Chesterfield County, SC:

42247874065_f44c6eb6b4_c.jpg

New tag is statues or public art honoring musicians. I offer two examples:

ABSTRACT, Hootie and the Blowfish, Five Points, Columbia, SC:

42247873775_fc1bcda0eb_c.jpg

REALISTIC, Dizzy Gillespie, town square, Cheraw, SC, the town of his birth:

42247872965_32bd8364f6_c.jpg

OK, it's riding season and nobody's participating?!?! Whasssup widdat?

Grabbing with The Godfather of Soul in downtown Augusta. He's far from Augusta National Golf Club, physically and philosophically.

43398339282_ab7974bd62_c.jpg

New assignment is a college athletic facility: any sport, any type of facility, NCAA or NAIA. This is where my father taught history for twenty years before he died:

43398521352_84686b8cd9_c.jpg

Very old tag. How's this for up close to the field?

IMG_1726.jpg

My son competed on the track around this field many times. Many of the high school state meets are held here, and later when he went to school at SUNY Albany, he competed against UNH in the America East conference. They also had two of the conference championships here in his 5 year college career.

IMG_1727.jpg

And now for a new tag, honoring Columbus Day, because I refuse to be politically correct.

Get a photo of your bike in front of the ocean blue (the Atlantic in this case).
Or if your state doesn't have an oceanfront, just use the shoreline of biggest body of water in your state.

IMG_1729.jpg

Hoping for a full report on that beast in the future. Are your studded tires on order? Some day I will have more time to do this kind of stuff.

Dave

Arf, I took pictures of the bike in the boat, on the Channel Sea (between France and England) but not at its exit :( .

Nice Grab Fred!!
punk.gif

I recently moved to Tupelo, MS. Couldn't get that tag of the statue of a musician to save my life in St George, UT, but here it would have been easy! Ocean blue, well MS does border the Gulf, so it's only 314 miles each way. Probably won't get to that today.

OCfjr posted: <snip> I recently moved to Tupelo, MS. Couldn't get that tag of the statue of a musician to save my life in St George, UT, but here it would have been easy! Ocean blue, well MS does border the Gulf, so it's only 314 miles each way. Probably won't get to that today.
Welcome south, brother! Wouldn't advise rolling towards the Gulf until Friday; hurricanes (pronounced "HURRA-kins" by old Southerners) are not to be trifled with.

OCfjr posted: <snip> I recently moved to Tupelo, MS. Couldn't get that tag of the statue of a musician to save my life in St George, UT, but here it would have been easy! Ocean blue, well MS does border the Gulf, so it's only 314 miles each way. Probably won't get to that today.
Welcome south, brother! Wouldn't advise rolling towards the Gulf until Friday; hurricanes (pronounced "HURRA-kins" by old Southerners) are not to be trifled with.
Thanks Uncle Hud! I've ridden my FJR faster than Michael is blowing.
lazy.gif
I wish the best for everyone in it's path, and you make sure the house is buttoned up good in ATL. At least the tornados will not be on your side of it's path. Biloxi make get a little rain and surf, but is outside the brunt of Michael's path. As far North as I am in Tupelo, we might get some clouds and a light breeze, but not much more. Heading to Dallas next weekend, (18-20), for the IBA Big As Texas party. Should be fun. Just hope God doesn't punish those sinners THAT weekend.
uhoh.gif
winksmiley02.gif

Been far too long since this moved so let's see if we can't get some activity on here. The largest body of water in PA would have to be Lake Erie but that's a solid 6 hour ride and I know they've already had some lake effect snow so I;m not going there. Hoping the collective is good with a body of water in my state.

PC220029-L.jpg

This is Fuller Lake outside of Pine Grove Furnace State Park. Not even close to the biggest but it's water.

Dropping the new tag, your bike at a diner preferably the old school kind like this one that's been here since the '50s I'm told.

PC220031-L.jpg

I agree, it is tough to get the tags to move in the winter months. Up north it’s too cold to even consider it. Down south they think it’s too cold. ;) I say that a diner will be easier to find and a better destination in the winter months, so let’s go with it.

Nothing since holiday season? Headed to eastern Florida for vacation and Daytona races in March, so I'd like to see who has the next challenge to work on.

Hmm.

Working again, no time to ride except to commute.

I can get sunset pic but the next pic would be IMPOSSIBLE except for nookie workers so I'll have to pass..

Id rather go back to the diner tag. The food is better than along the road at sunset. And... Its kind of where we generally end up on our rides anyway.

Latest posts