NY - Adirondack's Ride June 14th 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's quite a list of folks for Saturday. Has there been any talk on breaking into groups?

Jim, time is growing short, that's fo' sho'

Okay, thanks.
Is there a consensus on which GMRS is best/very good?

RLB, if you're adding a radio, definitely make it GMRS.
New Cobra 7200 with Li-poly battery technology. Great unit, nearly waterproof, battery lasts all weekend long, 2nd highest RF output power of any similar unit, about $65 delivered to your door.

Cobra LI7200-2

Two weeks and counting....wow can you believe it. :yahoo:
I know you planned this exactly one week before my big trip on purpose.

:(

Don't mean to hijack the thread, I have a Starcom and very limited radio experience, but I found that the 2 way GMRS radios are compatible with the GMRS Chatterbox. On my Cobra LI-6000 that I bought last year (Jeff's 7200 is a much better choice) the channels 1 thru 6 are the same on the GMRS Chatterbox, based on riding in a couple of rallies with friends with Chatterboxes. Actually the FRS side of the 2 way radios are compatible with the FRS Chatterboxes also. In the back of the user's manual the frequencies are listed, so if you know the frequencies of the channels on your set you can set the radios to be able to talk.

Midlands work also, as do Kenwoods. The choices are usually either 16 or 22 channels, and each has different channels and associated frequencies. That's why you need to know the frequencies inthe back of the user manual.

If you have a Starcom go to either Premier Cycle Accessories or Sport Bike Effects and they can help get you the correct PTT and cable to utilize the 2 ways. I am sure Autocom and the others all do the same.

Without a Starcom or J&M(?) or Autocom this might be an alternative for a single pin jack radio, although a bit clumsy and might not fit under your helmet.

Sorry Heidi dunno about CB. Bet there is someone out there who does.

Back to your regularly scheduled exciting rally stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:
Made my room reservation - looks like I'll be staying at the Microtel Inn in Latham :clapping:

My new seat arrived to too. Now to start double checking all my gear!

I hear that in the advent of us all coming the laytham LEO's are going to bed early, and also they are building another wing on the super 8 to accommodate is all :p

Ordered the Cobra on Jeff rec and getting the Starcom.

I need to be back on Sunday for Father's Day, so I'll take part Fri & Sat.

Okay, thanks.
Is there a consensus on which GMRS is best/very good?

RLB, if you're adding a radio, definitely make it GMRS.
New Cobra 7200 with Li-poly battery technology. Great unit, nearly waterproof, battery lasts all weekend long, 2nd highest RF output power of any similar unit, about $65 delivered to your door.

Cobra LI7200-2

Two weeks and counting....wow can you believe it. :yahoo:
I know you planned this exactly one week before my big trip on purpose.

:(

Here's our new set of wheels that we decided would save more gas than the FJR. You think you can keep up? :yahoo:

2553176505_de13d8919b_b.jpg

This was taken last week in Sarasota, Florida. We were on a little vacation and thought this might be fun.

Hi herfjr:

I'm booked for the Super 8 Thurs thru Sat (so riding all Friday and Saturday, maybe an early breakaway around 4-5pm).

Regarding Thursday night, I'm a little confused but I'm in for whatever dinner is happnin', and if there's more than one dinner, I'm in for the more fun one!

I'll be wrenching up the Starcom and Cobra Tues or Wed., so I'll be in-communicado. (Sorry, bad joke).

Has there been a clear itinerary created on this ride that's mostly-all-inclusive?

Thanks,

RLB

NEW UPDATED head count for FridayFriday's Headcount (so far as I know) here's the list of peeps:

Geezer

Luvtoride

Nice Rumble

Jmarran

ZOOOMM

herfjr

MartyA and Sally

fjrjon

NEW UPDATED head count for Saturday

Saturday's headcount (so far)is as follows.......

Geezer

Luvtoride

Nice Rumble

Jmarran

ZOOOMM

herfjr

MartyA and Sally

Randy

yellowmagnaman

Mr. Bill

S76

Fred W

RacinRay

FJRski and Mrs.

Tim05fjr

and Cheryl

Conrad

ShawnKing & Mrs.

DailyCommuter

fjrjon

VanHarlan

revlimitbounce

road runner and

friend with Busa

Our friend Dave the Brit

Alex

Matt

FJrider1 ?

Greg E ?

Let me know if you have edits to this list, and I'll update again......

No Dinner plan for Thursday night.

Friday's ride is shown on a map on page 6, post number 114.

Saturday's ride is shown on map on page 8, post number 154.

RLB, there will be other folks in town. I'd probably try to catch up with them for Thursday dinner. I do believe that MartyA is planning on being in town.

Looking forward to meeting you, Heidi

I regret to say that I won't be able to make the trip. It's been a difficult year and a difficult couple of months and I won't be able to get away for the weekend. Hoping to do a ride with some of the local members on Sunday, but, I know it won't be the same. Have fun and stay safe.

5 days baby!

Randy, hope everything is ok. Was looking foward to seeing you again,

Heidi

Getting my new Nikon today!

Ensured I'd have it in time for the trip.

Heidi - please do me a favor and remind me if you can mid - late week to not forget the mirror.

I just moved to my new pad this last week, so things have been a bit chaotic.

John, I'm going to be on the road b4 late week. I am leaving Hampton Roads on the morning of the 11th (Wednesday). Still no internet @ home. So, will a poke in the side be ok on Tuesday? That will be the last that I have internet access,

Heidi