Post Up, Biatches!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanna know more about the tank bra on the FJR. Who? Where? How Much?
Second Look

But they seem to have shut down their retail operations. Looks like they're doing everything thru their distribution channels. Anybody know where to buy one nowdays?

Me on my Retro sport bike:

1w900RRav.jpg

'93 CBR 900RR (first year in the states)

SPORT-touring
IMG_1778.jpg
I do the same thing on my Aprilia Falco, except I just bought a second passenger seat and bolted a Givi universal topplate to it. (Looks like you've had to add some extra bracing?) Works a treat, and while it might slow handling a touch, it's not nearly as bad as the Givi solution, which puts the entire topbox above and behind the taillight- and flexes :bigeyes: Try having 30 pounds of gear hanging out behind the rear tire and wiggling around when you hit a bump next time you want an "entertaining" line through a turn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to say that all of you guys in this thread suck so hard that you have bag-beat marks on your chins and forheads and will continue to suck until I have a pure sports bike.

Get good at deep throating. :angry:

A very healthy FZ1 will do it for me.....for now....

And I can ride it almost all day long.

Right YT ???? Right XLR8 ???

A very healthy FZ1 will do it for me.....for now....And I can ride it almost all day long.

Right YT ???? Right XLR8 ???
Dats right!

Although that silver R1 does look mighty good.

-r

SPORT-touring
IMG_1778.jpg
I do the same thing on my Aprilia Falco, except I just bought a second passenger seat and bolted a Givi universal topplate to it. (Looks like you've had to add some extra bracing?) Works a treat, and while it might slow handling a touch, it's not nearly as bad as the Givi solution, which puts the entire topbox above and behind the taillight- and flexes :bigeyes: Try having 30 pounds of gear hanging out behind the rear tire and wiggling around when you hit a bump next time you want an "entertaining" line through a turn.
I did the extra bracing just so the box wouldn't wobble from side to side, and I certainly didn't want to trust the seatbase as the only connection point on a bike that generates this kinda power.

I used a spare seatbase from Ebay and a Givi kit for the BMW F650. The basic brace is a 3/4" square aluminum tube with aluminum flat stock that goes to the passenger peg mounts.

The whole thing comes off with the key for the seatbase and two hitch pins for the bracing. Installation takes about 60 seconds and removal takes significantly less.

Givi didn't have a setup at all for the 2004, and when designing mine I came to the same conclusion you did.... further forward is better than aft and high. It makes mounting and dismounting the bike a bit more difficult for my geezerly self, but it's worth it to be able to toss it into corners and not have to worry about weaving.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the Sirius Radio mounted on the R1. (Kidding).

Nothin' yet, but I'm jonesin' for something...  Wish I'da kept the Viffer... (I know, not really a SB, but close enough for me.)  Course that Z Rex sure is purty...
You couldn't be more correct, sir. :D

sig.jpg

Rex is all I got right now, but come Christmastime or thereabouts, he'll be bunking in with a Feejer.

1999 VFR800. This was taken on Sunday up on VT 17. She was just rolling over 80K miles.

Still a fun bike. We've been to a lot of places.

vt17_Chris.jpg

26.jpg

This is my bike being gently run in....

This winter it will become a proper 04 Tuono!

You'll be pleased to know that next year some young tyke will running in an '06 R1 for me ???

Some won't call it a sportbike, but it seems to be passing "real" sportbikes a lot in the twisties! This one's for sale so who knows how long I'll still have it. One awesome bike though.

84_12_sb.JPG

Mike

i currently have the o5 gsxr1k and zx6r fully worked over nose to tail.

both have...

ohlins front and rear suspension

full sato Ti exhausts

sato black ano rearsets

sato spools

sato sliders

pluig screens

pc3 dyno tuned (gsxr 169-zx6r 119+)

ss lines front and rear

ohlin damper on gxsr and gpr on the zxr

crg levers

520 gearing sets

jumper mods

the gsxr has done 191 on public roads and the zx6r has done 167

my 2nd fjr just sits :erm:

i currently have the o5 gsxr1k and zx6r fully worked over nose to tail.
both have...

ohlins front and rear suspension

full sato Ti exhausts

sato black ano rearsets

sato spools

sato sliders

pluig screens

pc3 dyno tuned (gsxr 169-zx6r 119+)

ss lines front and rear

ohlin damper on gxsr and gpr on the zxr

crg levers

520 gearing sets

jumper mods

the gsxr has done 191 on public roads and the zx6r has done 167

my 2nd fjr just sits :erm:
3 posts on the FJR board, you should be ashamed Apex. #2Feejer sits and waits while you massage another. Post up a pix of the sato at least....

in WC speak.....Biatch !

let's see the zx6R how bout it