running bad (feeling blessed)...limped home (walking on air)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have lots of peeps here to lean on Mike, good on yah for taking the man up on his offer!

And serious Woots to RFH!

RFH????? Who the feck is that???
I thought it was Radio Fuckin Howie...silly me

& I'll handle my own Hoogie's myself in the privacy of my mancave, thank you very much

smile.png

breathing better...wifey's homemade shrimp alfredo warming my tummy...daughters spooning up vanilla bean ice cream with hard shell sauce on top...curled up with 2 yr old basset hound...blood pressure dropping

priceless...

RFH & I will be trailering Isabella to shop on Wednesday

Please Please Please, if anyone sees her being trailered on I-55 Wed morning, don't call the police...she's not being stolen !!!

I do feel da lub

smile.png

breathing better...wifey's homemade shrimp alfredo warming my tummy...daughters spooning up vanilla bean ice cream with hard shell sauce on top...curled up with 2 yr old basset hound...blood pressure droppingpriceless...

RFH & I will be trailering Isabella to shop on Wednesday

Please Please Please, if anyone sees her being trailered on I-55 Wed morning, don't call the police...she's not being stolen !!!

I do feel da lub

smile.png
There now, isn't that better? A good New Orleans style meal together with loving family and useful friends ought to be good enough to cheer up anyone.
I will not be around my home e-mail until tomorrow morning, I am working tonight and tomorrow night. I will finalize plans with you tomorrow after I wake up.

As of now, I intend to find you Wednesday morning, and no I don't need a nap first, I will just wait to sleep that night. Yes, I'll be clumsy and grouchy, but not much worse than normal. Do I need to supply a trailer or do you have one? I am guessing that we will load the bike together, they are not easy to push uphill when you can't use the engine. If so, I have a plan for that as well. I do intend to take a pic of Isabella on the trailer behind my GMC to post here. Not out of meanness, but so our forum friends can see we are making progress.

Rest easy my friend. We will have you back on the road in no time.

About loading the trailer. Do NOT video the process!!!! Things are bad enough already, and recording the loading would be guaranteed to stuff things up.

At the most, take a picture after it's all strapped up.

About loading the trailer. Do NOT video the process!!!! Things are bad enough already, and recording the loading would be guaranteed to stuff things up.
At the most, take a picture after it's all strapped up.
No worries my friend. I have yet to see a youtube video showing a motorcycle successfully loaded on a trailer.
I will admit that I have trailered my bike before but hopefully will not ever do so again. When I need a motorcycle trailer, I borrow one from my Harley riding cousin. Odd, how many Harley riders have wonderful motorcycle trailers.

Yo! Redfish Hunter! My FJR needs a wash and wax job. Can you help a brother out?

bye.gif

Good on ya buckaroo. Now if we can only get you to get rid of that POS ST1300 and buy a real man's bike..........
haha.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo! Redfish Hunter! My FJR needs a wash and wax job. Can you help a brother out?

bye.gif

Good on ya buckaroo. Now if we can only get you to get rid of that POS ST1300 and buy a real man's bike..........
haha.gif
Ah, my far riding friend Skooter. If you ride the thing here, not only will I wash it and put a coat of my favorite Yamaha Spray Detailer on it, I will feed you supper!
The issue with the POS ST1300 vs. the man's bike is, well, I am just not man enough.

I am really looking forward to Wednesday. Until then, I have done nothing but run my mouth. Anybody can do that.

As of now, I intend to find you Wednesday morning, and no I don't need a nap first, I will just wait to sleep that night. Yes, I'll be clumsy and grouchy, but not much worse than normal. Do I need to supply a trailer or do you have one? I am guessing that we will load the bike together, they are not easy to push uphill when you can't use the engine. If so, I have a plan for that as well. I do intend to take a pic of Isabella on the trailer behind my GMC to post here. Not out of meanness, but so our forum friends can see we are making progress.
Rest easy my friend. We will have you back on the road in no time.
for better or worse, I'm an expert at loading the trailer with a dead bike...my neighbor always helps me load and no issues

you just push steady from behind and all is good

with the trailer wheels in the street "gutter" and back of trailer at height of my driveway, the tailer bed is virtually level with no slope

it's a 2" ball and we'll decide what vehicle to use to tow then...my van is old, but it has only towed bikes...it's set up for the trailer to be perfectly level on the road...and lights hook up with 4 prong in line plug, etc etc etc

I haven't slept since last Sunday...so we'll both be bleary eyed, but I have an advantage

If I skip my lamictal for a day or two, I'll be manic wide awake for double that period of time !!!

DO NOT SKIP YOUR MEDS! I got enough issues without both of us being crazy...

I have the perfect tow vehicle, I have a couple different ball mounts so we can easily change the height to suit your trailer. Please allow me to do this one thing for you my friend, this trip is on me, start to finish. All you have to do is sit on the passenger side and fuss about my driving. If you let me get it there, you and your mechanic can argue about money. If you argue with me about doing this for you, I will get our forum friends to be mean to you. I am feeling really good about myself right now, don't take this away from me.

As piece of mind for Patriot. I did a valve check with only a friends help on the tear down, no experience, and no help at all on the re-assembly. The longest part was waiting on the shims to arrive 3 days later. The thing is fiddly, but it's an easy job over all. It was easy enough that I have no second thoughts about doing my own check on my SV. All in all, I bet you only end up waiting on some easily obtainable parts.

Also, you mentioned earlier that you haven't had the valves shimmed so now's the time to do it.

DO NOT SKIP YOUR MEDS! I got enough issues without both of us being crazy...
I have the perfect tow vehicle, I have a couple different ball mounts so we can easily change the height to suit your trailer. Please allow me to do this one thing for you my friend, this trip is on me, start to finish. All you have to do is sit on the passenger side and fuss about my driving. If you let me get it there, you and your mechanic can argue about money. If you argue with me about doing this for you, I will get our forum friends to be mean to you. I am feeling really good about myself right now, don't take this away from me.
is it a closed vehicle...suburban or SUV ??? I'm good unless open pickup...I have stuff to bring him like parts including a cam chain, service manual, gaskets...the only thing I don't have is a replacement CCT...I'll have to wait on parts which could be a week or more, but hey...I think too much as ya'll know

oh, and it needs a rocking music system...I wanna play my Carpenters CD really loud...so uplifting hearing Karen's music !!!

<valves were checked 10k mi ago when burnt valve was replaced with no adjustment needed...>

Deep breath, OK.

There will be no Carpenter's CDs played in my truck. If you insist, then I will insist on singing along. Trust me, you do not want me singing.

It is a 2007 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4wd Duramax Diesel. The back seats will fold down to create a platform you can put an entire engine on if need be. It does have a CD player but I am going to be talking the entire time anyway. Be nice dammit. The rest of the forum does NOT need to know what a jerk I am. You and I will fight over the radio during the ride. Think of the radio and the climate control system in the truck as being part of the democratic process. We all can vote. It's just that I hold the Electoral Votes.

Now, get some sleep and be thinking about important stuff. Things like where I am buying our lunch...

Now, get some sleep and be thinking about important stuff. Things like where I am buying our lunch...
lunch can wait till we get back to N.O...there's Arnaud's, Galatoires, or my fav is Commanders Palace...they are all pretty good

you decide which of the 3...Commander's has the jazz brunch and we should be back to uptown New Orleans by noon

yum yum