"San Diego ride"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will be packed with camping gear and headed to Big Bear or Joshua Tree after the Idylwild lunch. Unless it rains really hard, we won't be around on Sunday.

If anyone is interested in camping, let me know. SO and I are doing a very simple overnighter. It is her first camping trip on a bike and we are prepping for a coastal ride in July.

We plan to eat at a restaurant late evening, take some junk food to camp and not cook there. We will leave for lunch after sleeping in and regrouping in the morning - 10am or so. Possibly a primitive campground.

I'm thinking Arrowhead/Big Bear or Joshua Tree. Will check weather.

Freakin Kali Nancy- boys! Ohhhhhh! I don't want to get wet. Waaaaaaahhh!!!!

You all related to the wicked witch of the east or something? Gonna melt if you get wet?

:fuck:
Even if it does rain I would be willing to bet it is going to be light scattered rain and not a heavy downpour the entire ride. Plus I've only ridden in rain one or two times so it would be good practice :rolleyes:

I would have gave anything for some rain this past saturday it was so hot (bike showed 111) the magnets from my tank bag melted my tank slapper protection plastic.

I was at the Chino airshow on Sunday. The bike showed 106 when we left and hit 108 on the way to Lake Elsinore for our run back over 74. It cooled to a frigid 92 going over Orgeta :cold:

Santa Fe Dreamin,FJR Bluesman,

any others interested in a ride over 74 first...

How about meeting at Ortega (74) & Antonio 7:15am?

Antonio is 2.5 miles East of the 5 fwy on 74.

Ynotride

any others that want to ride from Elsinore down the 15 with us

We are still on for 8am at the Chevron at 15 and 74, right?
Yes were still on for 8 at chevron. I am meeting up with KB1190 in Corona at 715 then we will shoot up to the chevron.
I am coming from Chino Hills, 71/91. Are you guys meeting near the 91?

Anyone interested in taking the 5 to 78 route?
I live right off the 78 about 10 miles inland of Oceanside. I can meet you for the last 25 miles before the official meetup, but that may not be worth it for you.
That won't really work....

Heeeeeeeeey...

Is that bird givin' me the bird......???

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I am planing a San Diego group ride. I wanted to kind of test the waters and see what the availability of the so cal folks down here in San Diego and of course neighboring areas... :rolleyes: So post back if interested and lets make this happen.
[SIZE=36pt] Ok this ride moves forward rain or shine!!! Meet same time, same day!!!! [/SIZE]

Saturday May 24th.

9:00 am

The Starbucks at

3440 Del Lago Blvd.

Route Map

[/b]

[/b]

Lunch will be at Joans Restaurant in Idyllwild. They are in the center of town.

Joans Restaurant

25070 Village Center Dr

Idyllwild, CA 92549

951-659-0295

Map info Joans Restaurant

Ok so far it looks like 22 people counting myself and S.O. :rolleyes: With 6 tentative....

Neil San Diego :yahoo:

ynotride :yahoo:

Fairlaner :yahoo:

FJRBluesman :yahoo:

amansker and SO :yahoo:

Jordylad :yahoo:

Santa Fe Dreamin :yahoo:

Dale Franks :yahoo:

Slappy :yahoo:

McRide :yahoo:

FJstar :yahoo:

KB1190 & Friend :yahoo:

sin loki???

Duff ???

Barabus???

His2006???

Rayban???

Malve???

Ok tentative people, lets make this one happen.. We need a good turn out for our first San Diego ride.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Wouldn't miss it! B) Unless it rains ;)

Ok so I am planing a San Diego group ride. I wanted to kind of test the waters and see what the availability of the so cal folks down here in San Diego and of course neighboring areas... :rolleyes: So post back if interested and lets make this happen.
[SIZE=36pt] Ok this ride moves forward rain or shine!!! Meet same time, same day!!!! [/SIZE]

Saturday May 24th.

9:00 am

The Starbucks at

3440 Del Lago Blvd.

Route Map

[/b]

[/b]

Lunch will be at Joans Restaurant in Idyllwild. They are in the center of town.

Joans Restaurant

25070 Village Center Dr

Idyllwild, CA 92549

951-659-0295

Map info Joans Restaurant

Ok so far it looks like 22 people counting myself and S.O. :rolleyes: With 6 tentative....

Neil San Diego :yahoo:

ynotride :yahoo:

Fairlaner :yahoo:

FJRBluesman :yahoo:

amansker and SO :yahoo:

Jordylad :yahoo:

Santa Fe Dreamin :yahoo:

Dale Franks :yahoo:

Slappy :yahoo:

McRide :yahoo:

FJstar :yahoo:

KB1190 & Friend :yahoo:

sin loki???

Duff ???

Barabus???

His2006???

Rayban???

Malve???

Ok tentative people, lets make this one happen.. We need a good turn out for our first San Diego ride.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Wouldn't miss it! B) Unless it rains ;)

Ride in the rain!!!!!!

"Ok here is the deal, the forecast is calling for a chance of rain for Friday night and Saturday, here in San Diego and in Idyllwild, we all know

how that goes, again it is a slight chance!!!!! So we will keep an eye on things for now... I may still ride in a light shower but we will see. How many

people would be willing to push this forward to Sunday or even Monday, if the forecast keeps looking like rain? Just a thought.

Dave"

[SIZE=14pt]RIDE, RIDE, RIDE, Let's just RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Rain, sleet, snow or hail, I'll be there.

Guess I never did have much sense.

sadness rolls in my weekend, the evil "THe MAn" has me working that Saturday now.... BASTARDS! :angry2: all because some one called out vacation and now we are short handed :(

I guess I need to be more careful with my open invitation to family and friends to come visit any time.

My sister who lives in Whitefish, MT decided to come for the weekend and Mom in NY got excited that she could see two of her kids if she came too.

Interestingly, they both never really asked, but of course it will be nice to se them. They both are going to come Friday and leave Sunday so that leaves Sat. as our only full day. Bummer, I'm out for this one.