"San Diego ride"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a fairly decent Mexican restaurant in Idyllwild... I always eat there on my many trips out that way.
La Casita

54650 N Circle Dr

Idyllwild, CA 92549

(951) 659-6038[/b]
I called La Casita on Sat afternoon. They don't do reservations, but the gal said that she would "give them a heads up" on a large group for Saturday. Since its a holiday weekend, she suggested we get there as early as possible. So whoever gets there first may want to set aside as many tables as possible since it sounds like we may have upwards of twenty dining guests.

BTW, I will be going on this ride by myself this time. My wife has family coming down for the weekend and won't be able to get away for this one.

Almost ready for saturday. Just have to wash and fill the beast. A clean bike is faster, no?

Santa Fe Dreamin,

FJR Bluesman,

any others interested in a ride over 74 first...

How about meeting at Ortega (74) & Antonio 7:15am?

Antonio is 2.5 miles East of the 5 fwy on 74.

Ynotride

any others that want to ride from Elsinore down the 15 with us

We are still on for 8am at the Chevron at 15 and 74, right?

I know a fairly decent Mexican restaurant in Idyllwild... I always eat there on my many trips out that way.
La Casita

54650 N Circle Dr

Idyllwild, CA 92549

(951) 659-6038[/b]
I called La Casita on Sat afternoon. They don't do reservations, but the gal said that she would "give them a heads up" on a large group for Saturday. Since its a holiday weekend, she suggested we get there as early as possible. So whoever gets there first may want to set aside as many tables as possible since it sounds like we may have upwards of twenty dining guests.

BTW, I will be going on this ride by myself this time. My wife has family coming down for the weekend and won't be able to get away for this one.

Almost ready for saturday. Just have to wash and fill the beast. A clean bike is faster, no?

Ok I just spoke with Neil and He agreed, we are changing plans to Joans Restaurant they will be able to better accommodate the size of our group!!

Here is the info. They are in the center of town we will probably be dining outside.

Joans Restaurant

# 25070 Village Center Dr

# Idyllwild, CA 92549

# 951-659-0295

Santa Fe Dreamin,FJR Bluesman,

Ynotride

Yes were still on for 8 at chevron. I am meeting up with KB1190 in Corona at 715 then we will shoot up to the chevron.

Santa Fe Dreamin,FJR Bluesman,

Ynotride

I was interested in taking the western route, 5 to 78. If I have no takers I may change up to one of the other rides (ynotride or jordylad).

My post from a couple days ago.

Is anyone interested, that is coming from the Orange County area or points north, that would like to take the 5Frwy to the 78 Frwy?

Ok so we are dining outside on the front patio at Joans, which means BBQ in place of regular menu and live entertainment.I figured BBQ and entertainment would be fun after a long ride!!!!! It was that or inside and regular menu or private patio and regular menu. Post up your opinions and feedback.

Ok so we are dining outside on the front patio at Joans, which means BBQ in place of regular menu and live entertainment.I figured BBQ and entertainment would be fun after a long ride!!!!! It was that or inside and regular menu or private patio and regular menu. Post up your opinions and feedback.

[SIZE=24pt]OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Does larger equal more voting power?

I'm a BBQ freakazoid so no complaints here.

FYI - for the roster - I will have an SO on back if it matters.

[SIZE=24pt]OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Does larger equal more voting power?

[SIZE=36pt] Why yes it does!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol [/SIZE]

Front Patio it is, by a close enough unanimous decision... :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I am planing a San Diego group ride. I wanted to kind of test the waters and see what the availability of the so cal folks down here in San Diego and of course neighboring areas... :rolleyes: So post back if interested and lets make this happen.

[SIZE=18pt]Ok here is the deal, the forecast is calling for a chance of rain for Friday night and Saturday, here in San Diego and in Idyllwild, we all know [/SIZE]

how that goes, again it is a slight chance!!!!! So we will keep an eye on things for now... I may still ride in a light shower but we will see. How many

people would be willing to push this forward to Sunday or even Monday, if the forecast keeps looking like rain? Just a thought.

Dave

Saturday May 24th.

9:00 am

The Starbucks at

3440 Del Lago Blvd.

Route Map

[/b]

Lunch will be at Joans Restaurant in Idyllwild. They are in the center of town.

Joans Restaurant

25070 Village Center Dr

Idyllwild, CA 92549

951-659-0295

Map info Joans Restaurant

Ok so far it looks like 22 people counting myself and S.O. :rolleyes: With 6 tentative....

Neil San Diego :yahoo:

ynotride :yahoo:

Fairlaner :yahoo:

FJRBluesman :yahoo:

amansker and SO :yahoo:

Jordylad :yahoo:

Santa Fe Dreamin :yahoo:

Dale Franks :yahoo:

Slappy :yahoo:

McRide :yahoo:

FJstar :yahoo:

KB1190 & Friend :yahoo:

sin loki???

Duff ???

Barabus???

His2006???

Rayban???

Malve???

Ok tentative people, lets make this one happen.. We need a good turn out for our first San Diego ride.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
I'm available all weekend and could push to Sunday "if" we get rain. Won't ride this one if wet. :angry:

Ok so I am planing a San Diego group ride. I wanted to kind of test the waters and see what the availability of the so cal folks down here in San Diego and of course neighboring areas... :rolleyes: So post back if interested and lets make this happen.

[SIZE=18pt]Ok here is the deal, the forecast is calling for a chance of rain for Friday night and Saturday, here in San Diego and in Idyllwild, we all know [/SIZE]

how that goes, again it is a slight chance!!!!! So we will keep an eye on things for now... I may still ride in a light shower but we will see. How many

people would be willing to push this forward to Sunday or even Monday, if the forecast keeps looking like rain? Just a thought.

Dave

Saturday May 24th.

9:00 am

The Starbucks at

3440 Del Lago Blvd.

Route Map

[/b]

Lunch will be at Joans Restaurant in Idyllwild. They are in the center of town.

Joans Restaurant

25070 Village Center Dr

Idyllwild, CA 92549

951-659-0295

Map info Joans Restaurant

Ok so far it looks like 22 people counting myself and S.O. :rolleyes: With 6 tentative....

Neil San Diego :yahoo:

ynotride :yahoo:

Fairlaner :yahoo:

FJRBluesman :yahoo:

amansker and SO :yahoo:

Jordylad :yahoo:

Santa Fe Dreamin :yahoo:

Dale Franks :yahoo:

Slappy :yahoo:

McRide :yahoo:

FJstar :yahoo:

KB1190 & Friend :yahoo:

sin loki???

Duff ???

Barabus???

His2006???

Rayban???

Malve???

Ok tentative people, lets make this one happen.. We need a good turn out for our first San Diego ride.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
I'm available all weekend and could push to Sunday "if" we get rain. Won't ride this one if wet. :angry:
Ok sounds good lets keep this going! I really don't want to ride in the wet either and I know my Fiance won't want to. :angry2:

I can't make it Sunday, so I'm with Dan, rain or shine Saturday.

SFD, see you at 7:15 then at Antonio/Ortega.

Dan, see you at 8 Chevron @ 15/74.

Simon, understood, it's the more direct route. Let me know if you change your mind.

Anyone else hooking up with us let us know so we will wait.

BBQ sounds great to me, excellent job GR, your efforts are much appreciated.

Looking forward............. :bike:

Freakin Kali Nancy- boys! Ohhhhhh! I don't want to get wet. Waaaaaaahhh!!!!

You all related to the wicked witch of the east or something? Gonna melt if you get wet?

:****:

I can make any day over this weekend, but since I've already made the plans, my vote would be to keep it on Sat. Looks like a small chance of rain on all three days this weekend anyway. Might as well get wet on Sat and have the rest of the weekend to dry out at home. In comfort. With scotch... :drinks: