SFO 09 Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning on it! Yep, I'm the one that actually lives in Eureka Springs, signed up as the newest member at the last minute, and took the grand prize last year.

What a night! Hey, but it can't happen twice in a row right? Looking forward to having all you guys and gals up here again. See ya soon!

I'm In!! :yahoo:
I've been wanting to do this for years.

No more excuses! Now all I have to do is calculate how much travel time to give myself.

Might need some help with that! Starting from West Palm Beach, FL! Any suggestions?
Excellent! Glad you can make it over.

Don't forget to register when you have a minute. Info here.
I've emailed my info twice now. I think my computer is angry at me because it knows I'm going to have a Blast and it's staying home.

Let me know if you received it Fjrchik! Thanks. Vic.
Yep I got it and will get you on the list after work tonight. Thanks Vic!

I'm planning on it! Yep, I'm the one that actually lives in Eureka Springs, signed up as the newest member at the last minute, and took the grand prize last year.What a night! Hey, but it can't happen twice in a row right? Looking forward to having all you guys and gals up here again. See ya soon!
Michelle,

Didn't we black ball this guy for stealing the big prize last year?

hey yall i am new here , and just read about the SFO ride , i will be in town that same time , but i am riding up there with a buddy to meet with his ZZR KAWI group that same weekend , maybe i can sneek away and get in some ride time with yall

I'm In!! :yahoo:
I've been wanting to do this for years.

No more excuses! Now all I have to do is calculate how much travel time to give myself.

Might need some help with that! Starting from West Palm Beach, FL! Any suggestions?
Excellent! Glad you can make it over.

Don't forget to register when you have a minute. Info here.
I've emailed my info twice now. I think my computer is angry at me because it knows I'm going to have a Blast and it's staying home.

Let me know if you received it Fjrchik! Thanks. Vic.
Yep I got it and will get you on the list after work tonight. Thanks Vic!

Good! Then I'm all set. Reserved a room with a king size bed. I can't wait!

One of my best friends here in WPB was born and raised about 30 min. from Eureka Springs, AR.

He said that area is some of the most beautiful scenery you can wish for. Yaa Hoo!!!!!

I'm in. will be in late Thursday early Friday leaving Mon am. looking for someone to share a room with. I'm a middle aged non smoker/drinker ex sailor. i know it doesn't go together but it's true. i will be going down Thur Ohio and st Louis. but the return trip could be a little strange, probably involve Texas and Florida.

I'm in. will be in late Thursday early Friday leaving Mon am. looking for someone to share a room with. I'm a middle aged non smoker/drinker ex sailor. i know it doesn't go together but it's true. i will be going down Thur Ohio and st Louis. but the return trip could be a little strange, probably involve Texas and Florida.
Check out the "Room Shares" thread. Your request might be lost here...

Is there a cut off date to make reservations? My bike isn't even here yet.... so I'm thinkin' I need to wait a couple more weeks before I make reservations. Besides I need to ride it a bit before I commit to a 9 hour ride on the thing, I can't do that on any bike I have now with any comfort. :rolleyes:

TIA

James

I believe you can cancel your motel resevation up to 24 hours in advance as stated in previous comment.

In '06 I flew to Houston and drove my FJR back to Fayetteville, AR. It took about nine hours. It was the hottest day of the year! My previous ride was a V-Star 1100 and I could only ride two hours before my knees hurt badly. The ONLY soreness I had was a sore right wirst from the stiff throttle. I woud recommend you get one of those Cramp Busters and ENJOY the ride.

Rick :)

fjrchik

I will have to cancel. I knew this was going to be iffy, but as things have progressed I can see it will not work out. The work climate this past few months have been brutal in construction. There is no way I will be able to pull it off. I was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe next year if things pick up.

And as I'm trying to pull together CFO, if I have to save for any, it will be that one.

devanator

fjrchik
I will have to cancel. I knew this was going to be iffy, but as things have progressed I can see it will not work out. The work climate this past few months have been brutal in construction. There is no way I will be able to pull it off. I was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe next year if things pick up.

And as I'm trying to pull together CFO, if I have to save for any, it will be that one.

devanator
Yeah I remember you saying that. I'm so sorry it's not gonna work out! We'll try again next year!

Well, you better put my name on the list,

Signed up and room booked, should be there Thursday.

Thanks for Your hard work, Michelle... Great Time last Year..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you better put my name on the list,
Signed up and room booked, should be there Thursday.

Thanks for Your hard work, Michelle... Great Time last Year..
You just made my day! So glad your comin down to party!! :clapping:

thanks for the reminder about the rooms Michelle as it caused me to get off my dead butt and make my reservation and send you my registration e-mail.

Folks, for those of you still waffling on this just keep in mind that some of the BEST roads to ride on in the entire central region are within literally minutes of the host hotel..

See you there.

thanks for the reminder about the rooms Michelle as it caused me to get off my dead butt and make my reservation and send you my registration e-mail.
Folks, for those of you still waffling on this just keep in mind that some of the BEST roads to ride on in the entire central region are within literally minutes of the host hotel..

See you there.
All you have to do to get to one of them is basically make a u-turn out of the driveway.

Sorry I've been a bit absent lately, I moved out of my home this past weekend and was pretty swamped with the packingof it for all of March. I'm still unpacking and getting set up at the new place but I hope to pretty much finish that up tonight. I should be ready to take the payments for food by the end of the weekend. The menu has already been decided and I think you'll like it!

I'm also very excited to say that we have some really killer prizes this year as we have spoke to a few companies that I don't think have been approached before! And the rally packs are gonna be pretty sweet too! It's all comin together folks, hope your getting excited!!