So who's into a S.E. Ohio day trip?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ATVs are a real concern around here...especially if you travel the township roads and gravel roads.A lot of the people riding them are between 13 and 17 and they are totally unpredictable.

About a month ago I came up on three ATVs on a county road going about 40 mph...as I started to pass a young girl on the lead ATV whipped a lefthand turn into a tree line beside a cornfield...no road,no signal,no looking back.It was close.Next to deer ATVs are my biggest concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
ATVs are a real concern around here...especially if you travel the township roads and gravel roads.A lot of the people riding them are between 13 and 17 and they are totally unpredictable.
About a month ago I came up on three ATVs on a county road going about 40 mph...as I started to pass a young girl on the lead ATV whipped a lefthand turn into a tree line beside a cornfield...no road,no signal,no looking back.It was close.Next to deer ATVs are my biggest concern.
At least they are illeagal on the roads in OH. In WV 4 runners are what people who have lost their licences use to get around. So out in the sticks you see them parked at bars :drinks: :not_i:

Less than one week until departure from Wheaton.

Really looking forward to this ride! :yahoo:

Edit: I've only got requests from El Toro Joe, Jim, and Dave...I think for a turn direction sheet (for those without gps). Therefore, unless somebody else chimes in, I'm only bringing 3 turnsheets.

Edit2: bringing a turnsheet for Kevin as well.

Edit3: I'll bring a turn sheet for Paul, and Denny too, though I know he can't get lost around here. :)

So that's 6 bozos besides myself who don't have a gps either I guess. :lol:

Edit4: scrapedup and his buddy as well.

Edit5: Bockelrider

Total paper turnsheets = 9 +me = 10

Edit: I've only got requests from El Toro Joe, Jim, and Dave...I think for a turn direction sheet (for those without gps). Therefore, unless somebody else chimes in, I'm only bringing 3 turnsheets.
Sorry wheaton, I'm still not 100% sure I can make the ride and was waiting to chime in until I know if I can come or not. I would like a turn sheet, and if I can get this pesky pre-season hockey game rescheduled I will be there. I'm now looking to make the ride and stay 1 or both nights in Caldwell and bring the missus. Someone else was bringing their wife too, right?

Send me 1 also. I'll copy it for my buddy on the "05" even though he'll be able to keep up. Dave
Hey scrapedup...(hey, that should be my screenname ;) ),

I'll be making photocopies and bring the pieces of paper with me friday night. So I'll make a copy for you and your buddy.

If you guys need electronic copies of the route, tstaff is the man for that stuff.

Gotta go now...time to pry those Roadsmarts on. :dribble:

So, is the tentative route on post #113 the official route?
As official as these things get.

On the northeast end, rt 26 towards Woodsfield may be gravelly. People have the option of taking 145 west to 800 south to Woodsfield to the diner that Tom/tstaff has chosen.

Regarding lunch in Marietta, I would vote for a quick in and out type lunch like McDs or Subway as we're gonna have a dinner stop later on in the day in Woodsfield...and some will be high tailing it back home after the dinner stop.

I will post up a detailed map of the route thru Marietta. Lunch will be thereabouts I would guess.

MariettaOHIO.jpg

There is a Subway just east of 7th Street in the Frontier Shopping Center according to google, and a McDonalds on Glendale Road just east of 7th Street farther south from the Subway.

If some people cannot handle Subway or McDonalds, then post up a quick sandwich place on the northeast side of Marietta. Quite frankly, we don't all have to have this lunch stop at the same place...and if a group wants it go somewhere else, it makes little difference to me...just so nobody gets left behind.

We will have the dinner stop in Woodsfield to gather and kibbutz after a great day on the squiggly roads.

So, is the tentative route on post #113 the official route?
As official as these things get.

On the northeast end, rt 26 towards Woodsfield may be gravelly. People have the option of taking 145 west to 800 south to Woodsfield to the diner that Tom/tstaff has chosen.

I will post up a detailed map of the route thru Marietta. Lunch will be thereabouts I would guess.

Regarding lunch in Marietta, I would vote for a quick in and out type lunch like McDs or Subway as we're gonna have a dinner stop later on in the day in Woodsfield...and some will be high tailing it back home after the dinner stop.

If some people cannot handle Subway or McDonalds, then post up a quick sandwich place on the northeast side of Marietta.

I'd vote for a good breakfast and dinner but a candy bar and water from a gas station is all the lunch I'll need.

The wife and I will be there Fri and Sat night.

I would like to have a route sheet if one is available!

Thanks to all for putting together a great route.

This will be our first ride with a group. We missed the EOM ride by a few days. We were down in the area but cut the trip short to return and help a family member in the hospital.

Just checked the weather and it looks great so far!!

:yahoo:

We will be leaving Amherst Friday around 10AM and would be glad to meet up with anyone heading down. We will probably go down 60 through Millersburg. The route can change to whatever is needed!

Steve & Kay

The wife and I will be there Fri and Sat night.I would like to have a route sheet if one is available!

Thanks to all for putting together a great route.

This will be our first ride with a group. We missed the EOM ride by a few days. We were down in the area but cut the trip short to return and help a family member in the hospital.

Just checked the weather and it looks great so far!!

:yahoo:

Steve & Kay
Okay Steve & Kay...I'll bring a turn sheet for you guys.

It looks like we'll [Joe] and I will be there Fri. and Sat. night as well. Depending on which way you choose to go home Mark, we'll probably ride part way home with your group. Dave

It looks like we'll [Joe] and I will be there Fri. and Sat. night as well. Depending on which way you choose to go home Mark, we'll probably ride part way home with your group. Dave
Yeah...we'll probably head west and south on 78 and do some 56 west and north to the interstate going home.

On the way to SE Ohio, Dave Kaye and I are taking the backroads and should end up passing through Union City, OH sometime between noon and 1:30 Eastern time. We'll wander down on 571 and 55 east till we get to 56 and take that east. We should arrive in Caldwell about 7pm or so Eastern after riding about 500 miles.

The national weather service has high near 50 and sunny for both Saturday and Sunday.

I will be riding there this Friday through Sunday no matter what. See you there.

Latest posts