So who's into a S.E. Ohio day trip?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am going to bail. Not only do I not have good cold weather gear (at least not that cold) but I have having a mechanical moment that I need to solve before I can act like an idiot and have a bike that will save me from myself :(

Sorry Chaps, looks like next spring.

I think I am going to bail. Not only do I not have good cold weather gear (at least not that cold) but I have having a mechanical moment that I need to solve before I can act like an idiot and have a bike that will save me from myself :(
Sorry to hear that Kevin.

I may be joining you... :cry: with 11,000 miles on my tires I was hoping for dry weather. But I'll let you all know tomorrow. I really want to make this a kill the tires for the end of the season ride :tomato2: :tomato2:

dead_fly.jpg

Shit!!!
Saturday: A chance of snow before 9am, then a chance of rain and snow between 9am and 10am, then a chance of rain after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Forecast for Caldwell, Ohio
Wow!A high of 46...sounds great...see ya Friday.

Shit!!!
Saturday: A chance of snow before 9am, then a chance of rain and snow between 9am and 10am, then a chance of rain after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

When you getting in Denny? Dave Kaye and I should be there somewhere's between 6pm and 7:30pm.

I may be joining you... :cry: with 11,000 miles on my tires I was hoping for dry weather. But I'll let you all know tomorrow. I really want to make this a kill the tires for the end of the season ride :tomato2: :tomato2:
I dont have that many but more than I would like and with the brakes binding a bit and the lame ass cold and wet weather.... :cry: :cry:

Hey Guy's, Joe and I are thinking of stopping at the AMA. Museum in Columbus on the way down. Check out the displays and then skip over to the Iron Pony and buy something [don't know exactly what but I'm sure they'll have something I need] then meanderin down to Caldwell. Should be there around 6:00 or so. 46 sounds like a heat wave for those of us who ride all winter long around Cleveland. See everybody who makes it on Fri. We'll be staying Sat. evening as well, Probably Reride some of the route over Sun. if we get weathered out on Sat. Lookin forward to seeing all of you'se who rode the "08" RAMBLE again. Ride safely Dave!!!!!!!!

Shit!!!

The temp is not the problem...it's the fact that my tires have 11,000 miles and the chance of wet twisties. I'm not out yet...but the odds of the weather changing are not looking real good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, I'll speak for everbody [nah maybe better just speak for myself] nobody is going to be doing "Hot Laps" on 536 on Sat. and that's for sure. My feelings are, If Mark and Dave can ride 500 miles in the rain, whats a couple of hours out for me to go down there and say Hi.............. Besides some body was offerin free beer in the parking lot Fri. night. Ride Safely Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully see most of you guy's tomorrow night.

Joe, I'll speak for everbody [nah maybe better just speak for myself] nobody is going to be doing "Hot Laps" on 536 on Sat. and that's for sure. My feelings are, If Mark and Dave can ride 500 miles in the rain, whats a couple of hours out for me to go down there and say Hi.............. Besides some body was offerin free beer in the parking lot Fri. night. Ride Safely Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully see most of you guy's tomorrow night.
Hey Dave...I've never had a problem riding in the cold or the rain, I just ain't gonna do it on the tires that I have on the bike right now...So have a good time :cigar:

Well, guys, chalk us up as 2 more flies that dropped.

Been fighting a cold all damn week and riding around in cold weather would not be of any help to that.

Plus, after SFO and EOM, I have had enough of riding in rain. Maybe since we're not gonna go you guys will stay dry.

Youz guyz ride safe!

Andy & Susie

Nice... High 42 with snow and rain. WTF it's only mid October!!!! I'm probably out if the forecast remains. Not real crazy about slipping around with a half frozen arse!

Don't be surprised if I show up Fri night to say hello though...been a while since I've seen some of you guys!! Have fun ya'll!

Sorry you guys aren't gonna be there...but I understand.

I got my snow tires on now...so I'm good to go. Who knows, maybe it will just be me and Dave Kaye? :huh:

:)

Hey Guy's, Joe and I are thinking of stopping at the AMA. Museum in Columbus on the way down. Check out the displays and then skip over to the Iron Pony and buy something [don't know exactly what but I'm sure they'll have something I need] then meanderin down to Caldwell. Should be there around 6:00 or so. 46 sounds like a heat wave for those of us who ride all winter long around Cleveland. See everybody who makes it on Fri. We'll be staying Sat. evening as well, Probably Reride some of the route over Sun. if we get weathered out on Sat. Lookin forward to seeing all of you'se who rode the "08" RAMBLE again. Ride safely Dave!!!!!!!!

Do you have a ballpark on what time you will hit the AMA? We were thinking about that also.

Steve

Sorry you guys aren't gonna be there...but I understand.

I got my snow tires on now...so I'm good to go. Who knows, maybe it will just be me and Dave Kaye? :huh:

:)
Mark, don't count me out till 8:45 Saturday morning...I may just show up. But if not have a good time, and ride safe

Nice... High 42 with snow and rain. WTF it's only mid October!!!! I'm probably out if the forecast remains. Not real crazy about slipping around with a half frozen arse! Don't be surprised if I show up Fri night to say hello though...been a while since I've seen some of you guys!! Have fun ya'll!
Mike - we gotsta at least do lunch sometime. We are thinking of maybe going on a lil ride Sunday. Interested??

Latest posts