Spank Daily News

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can't think what could have happened to Skoot, but I'm sure he will be really bummed. Perhaps he was timed barred?

tel

Last edited by a moderator:
Things like this make you realize how fragile life is. When I heard, I went home and hugged my family.

Thoughts, and Prayers to his family.

RIP. :(

RIP Uncle Bud. Just doesn't seem fair sometimes when the good ones are taken from us. Condolences to the family and those close to him.

How sad. Horrible news.

My condolences to his wife and family.

Thinking of George too, and all the rally staff, there can be nothing worse.

RIP Uncle Bud. :rip_1:

tel

UncleBud.jpg

RIP Uncle Bud. :rip_1:

Only met Bud at the CP in Joshua Tree this weekend. Have had a couple of email jousts with him and found him to be a personable and very nice guy. He straggled in a tad late to the CP on Saturday, but even though he was collecting penalty points he was composed and quite cordial even though we were yelling at him to get off the bike and get his time stopped officially with the RM. Later, he seemed on top of everything and was quite a gentleman.

I'm truly sorry to hear of the loss.

We participate in a dangerous avocation - riding motorcycles and accept a certain amount of risk on a daily basis - just fending off the brain dead cagers who seem bent on denting our skulls. To that end I encourage everyone - when taking your next ride to be careful out there.

While on that note - the tragedy of the loss of Uncle Bud should remind us take nothing for granted. You never know which kiss you get will be the last - which hug - which smile and which kind or unkind word will be the last you remember somone by or they remember you by.

See some of you in Denver

See some of you down the road.

Some we will never see again - make that last meeting a memorable one for both sides. PLEASE?

The news of Uncle Bud is horrificly sad. I have had a tough time dealing with this tradgedy since finding out a few hours ago.

Here is the last photo taken of Uncle Bud, an hour or so before his untimely passing.

UncleBud1.jpg

This was at the Jal, New Mexico post office, a bonus location. FJR rider Joe Antilock took the photo of Uncle Bud and I and one of the post office employees.

I can't tell you how hard it has been for me to deal

with this, especially since meeting his widow a few hours ago.

I only met Uncle Bud for the first time during this rally, but I can tell

you I took a serious liking to him right away. He had a zeal, and passion

for life, and good nature that radiated to all around him. We kept on

meeting at various bonus locations as were riding pretty much identical

routes. We laughed, we shared our experiences, we helped each other out.

He was a special person. It's not fair that he was taken from us. Now I cry.

I only hope I can emulate the way he approached his life. Even his widow

took solice in the way he approached living and brightened the lives of

those around him.

Very sad. Appreciate each day you have. Make the most of them.

Greg

I only recently met Uncle Bud at WFO, I'm pretty sure it was during a conversation with Tobie or Lisa Stevens, I think, I met a lot of new faces there, hard to say for sure.

This is sad news and my deepest condolences go to his family and friends. :(