Teerex bites the dust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stef, sounds like a real scary mishap. A real testament to wearing the proper gear...all the time. But, I'm very happy to hear that you and Mrs. Teerex, despite some bangs and bumps, are OK. Hope you heal up in time for your trip to the States this summer. I was hoping to meet you at the Dragon, Shady Valley or on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to the two of you.

My fellow feejer rider from over there...

I have been missing your posts, but this is not what I wanted to hear from you. Sorry about your get-off. But, as long as ya'll are okay, then it will all come out in the wash. God speed on your recovery, man. Best wishes, and ride again soon!

Glad you're somewhat ok, Stef. Bad news to hear of teh breaks, surgery and FJR damage. You got it dead right about full face helmets and gear, though.

Hopefully, it won't be too long before you and your wife are fixed up and the Feejer (or a new one) are back on the road.

Stef, sorry to hear about your accident and hope you make a speedy recovery. Maybe that experience will give you some incentive to come back to the US and ride on our very safe (and boring) freeways.

Thanks for taking the time to brief us on the importance of wearing good gear and full face helmets -- we all need reminders to keep the gear on as the weather gets warmer.

ribs and toes will mend. those last "oh shit" thoughts and feelings can stay with you for life. i draw on them sometimes when i find myself starting to ride like the bulletproof teenager that i was when i went over the top.

the picture you painted keeps running through my head. i'm glad you both got off as lucky as you did. it will serve as a reminder for me that the spring roads may not be in the condition i remember from fall.

kindest regards,

derek

Deb & I wish you & your wife a very speedy recovery Stef.

SO GLAD you both came out of this relatively good.

We've both been there (me & Deb), so we know what you are going through physically and mentally. Don't beat yourself up man -- crap happens.

I'm just glad that Deb still wants to ride :eek:

Thank God, Allah, Buddah, whoever it is that is keeping an eye on you that you came out reasonalby unscathed. Your good fortune it sounds like is based a lot on good safety gear and some luck. May the physical and mental scars be short lived and painfree.

I still don't understand how you got that trike going fast enough to have that kind of a wreck.

Well Stef, that sucks. Good to hear you and the wife are alright.

Keep your wits about you and hope you are riding again soon.

+1 for ATGATT.

Ti auguro di guarire!

Maybe you should stick to the tricycle in your avatar !!! Sorry... just had to :D

All the best Stef, heal up brother, and keep an eye on the wife's concussion too. Like Rog said, the physical healing is easy, it's the mental part that's tough, especially two up. Ride on bro.

+1 on all the get well comments and glad you and the wife are doing so well. It most certainly could have been worse. The Man upstairs was diffiently looking out for you guys. Your in our prayers. Painman. <><

Holy crap Stef!!! WTF???? You are not supposed to go down, you brother from another mother!!!

I am relieved to know that you are on your way to a speedy recovery and hope you can go riding again soon. I miss your videos!!! Give my best wishes to your wife as well, she must also be in pain.

Aaaw...Sgoat, laughing still hurts  :rolleyes:
Glad to see you in good spirit and keeping a good sense of humor!!!

Oh, and while you foot heals, may I suggest this for your touring adventures...: >>>CLICK<<<

Last edited by a moderator:
Stef,

Wise you are for gearing up, and congrats to you for treating your wife to first-rate gear.

Glad you and yours walked away from it.

Shane

Stef, hope you & the better half are better soon & back on the road shortly thereafter...I can sympathize having" been there, done that, got the t-shirt & the rehab"....hated it....but thanks for the heads up....our riding season is just starting up here so that's a good reminder of the "OOPPS FACTOR" :blink: (glad you 2 were not seriously hurt) Hope it doesn't put your better half off riding.....heal quick & best wishes...Mike

I'm glad you and Chris are OK.....now get better soon.....you've got to show me & my wife around Italy in Aug or Sep!

Take Care!!!

hi stef,

sorry to read of y'alls get off...

two observations to add:

1. get the best foot dr you can. my r foot is still in pain 6 months after my get off.

2. my theory of the blacked out time is that is what it is like to die. the process of the accident and the concept of pain, ect, is blacked out. we either wake up, or we don't.

again, it's just a theory to handle a concept i'm unsure of.

glad yer both still with us.

dana

Glad to hear you're still with us stef!

Dana:

I can't remember one of my getoffs, but I thought it was the recent memories being jarred out of my head by the asphalt. I couldn't find them in my helmet, or anywhere in the ditch. I'm not sure how I would have gotten them back in, either.

Sorry to here about yer mishap stef, glad to here your gear helped. Here's to fast healing and not too costly repairs.

dana, I still remember my brief check out, it was a slow kinda fade to black. Maybe something to be said for that

:jester: