West Coast Cruise festival @ Fairlaners???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to cancel out Palerider due to his AE model. I am very sorry about that but I won't be doing any "AE" because of the extra work involved, removing water pipe and draining coolant, possible leaks etc. Thanks everyone for the understanding, Smitty

I'll take the spot if its still available.

Steve unfortunately that spot was for Sunday am, Smitty has since booked an earlier flight and will not allow him to do one that day.

But watch this space you never know you luck, also you may wanna show up on Saturday as I am gonna try and get Don here early, if that happens I will be bumping up all the times so you may get lucky. At worse you may learn a thing or 2.

And as an FYI guys dont be playing around with the CC boxes as Smitty goes thru them and discards a bunch of it but what parts i know not so dont **** with them.......

R

Steve unfortunately that spot was for Sunday am, Smitty has since booked an earlier flight and will not allow him to do one that day.
But watch this space you never know you luck, also you may wanna show up on Saturday as I am gonna try and get Don here early, if that happens I will be bumping up all the times so you may get lucky. At worse you may learn a thing or 2.

And as an FYI guys dont be playing around with the CC boxes as Smitty goes thru them and discards a bunch of it but what parts i know not so dont **** with them.......

R
Hello Richard, If this helps Brother Steve-skuehl out, I will follow your recommendation and book a room for my girlfriend Donna and I at the new Super 8 Motel near your house. After dinner with you fine folks on Friday evening, if you could return Donna and I to the hotel, you can keep Miss Lucy Liu - my 2003 FJR at your house overnight. This would allow Smitty to get started on my bike at his convenience; and, perhaps this will allow you and Smitty to squeeze in Steve's FJR.

Donna and I'll take a taxicab back to your house in the morning. Any recommendations for a breakfast spot on the beach?

Jesu Cristo, Ricardo! "don't be playing around with the CC boxes!" All of my hardware is in SkooterG's garage in Scottsdale!

GregM would take his brain out and play with it, if he could figure out how to unscrew the top of his head to get at that part!!!

JUST KIDDING! My heartfelt thanks to my twerpy, pointy headed wankerish friend for ordering all of these CC parts for me!

Speaking of "Playing with parts" but on a more serious note: Does anyone have pictures or a good description of where the major components of the CC mount. The main thing I am concerned about is the controler and the vacuum canister. As I have a few goodies on the bike already, I would like to move anything that may be "in the way" at my leisure and NOT hold up the process on the day of install. Do I need to free up space under the seat? As I recal, the control cable runs under the tank from the rear and loops back down to the engine from the front to the throttle body pully. I don't see any issues there, but it leads me to believe I may have something under the seat area that would be in the way. If it mounts elsewhere, I'm probably fine.

Just checking!

Oh, and I'll resist the urge to remove all packing from box, remove all parts from all packing removed from box, remove all tags and labels from all parts removed from all packing removed from box and remove screws from all parts removed from all packing removed from said box... just to reverse engineer the thing and figure out how it works! :dribble:

Speaking of "Playing with parts" but on a more serious note: Does anyone have pictures or a good description of where the major components of the CC mount. The main thing I am concerned about is the controler and the vacuum canister. As I have a few goodies on the bike already, I would like to move anything that may be "in the way" at my leisure and NOT hold up the process on the day of install. Do I need to free up space under the seat? As I recal, the control cable runs under the tank from the rear and loops back down to the engine from the front to the throttle body pully. I don't see any issues there, but it leads me to believe I may have something under the seat area that would be in the way. If it mounts elsewhere, I'm probably fine.
Just checking!

Oh, and I'll resist the urge to remove all packing from box, remove all parts from all packing removed from box, remove all tags and labels from all parts removed from all packing removed from box and remove screws from all parts removed from all packing removed from said box... just to reverse engineer the thing and figure out how it works! :dribble:
Thanks for bringing this up Duff. Yes everyone will need to have the tool tray under the seat clear. That will be the location of the servo. Other than that all will be good. I hide the vacuum can at several different locations depending on year.

Thanks All, Smitty

R
I will be there. I will bring the Red Bull. Maybe that will help. :yahoo:

At the very least it gets me out on a ride, an excuse to wash the bike and I am sure I will learn something.

Thanks for bringing this up Duff. Yes everyone will need to have the tool tray under the seat clear.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... :angry: ...I like using my tool tray.

However, I REALLY like the idea of the cruise control, so I will clean it out. It's just goodies that I carry on a day-to-day basis, but the Gen II has a lot of storage under the seats. Just a matter of reorganizing.

Bummer, I missed out on this one also. I was reading about CC's the other day on here and was thinking how cool it would be if there was someone on the West Coast installing these as Smitty is doing. Guess I will have to wait until next time. I will be out of town that weekend anyways so it wouldn't have worked out. Smitty when you coming back? Christmas?

Greg you can stop by as early as you like.

Also Don I got your CC from Amazon today courtessy of the Gregster....

R

Good Morning Gregory, Donna and I will be leaving Chandler on Friday morning, November 28 at 0730. Richard-Fairlaner recommended the Super 8 Motel near his house in Torrance and that's where we will be staying at on Friday night.

Super 8 Motel Torrance LAX Airport Area, 2360 Sepulveda Blvd., Torrance, CA 90501 $94.34 total for a room with king bed.

MapQuest shows the straight thru trip as 6.5 hours and 410 miles. We are going to stop in Palm Springs for Brunch though.

Saturday night we are staying on Coronado Island in San Diego and enjoy the beach. Blast back on Interstate 8 Sunday.

I am not sure as of yet, but I may be working on that Friday. Thanks for the info on the super 8. I will figure out logistics as the time approches. I might leave straight from work Friday and pull up a few hundred shy of LA and continue in the AM early on Saturday to Richards.

Greg.

Don just so you know I am gonna see you on 2 occasions before then, just in case you had forgotten.

R

By my count it is 7 weeks to S day.

Does everyone who is getting a cruise have what they are gonna need?????????

R

By my count it is 7 weeks to S day.
Does everyone who is getting a cruise have what they are gonna need?????????

R
Smitty can you bring an extra vacuum canister and bracket. If you want I will paypal you for them asap. Even if you cant do the install I will need them anyway. I already have the CC unit.

Richard: My only bastard son, SkooterG, is flying to Northern Italy to bother Stef - teerex51 for a few weeks tomorrow AM.

But he returns on 10/24 and I'll pick his brain to make sure I have all of the parts that are needed. I'll PM you and Smitty!