What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it to work...and I'll be riding it back home too
smile.png
Did that yesterday. Took the car today, heavy fog and chilly. I would've been soaked by the time I got here, and it's not far enough to put on my rainsuit (about 2 miles!) Beautiful out now though and I plan on a little ride after work.

My season is in the twilight and it won't be long before they get put away again. Planning on a fall color ride this Sat. I put a call out to my friends to see who wants to tag along. I'm hoping nobody, that way I can follow my nose, don't have to be home by a certain time and can stop turn around whenever I damn well feel like it!
fuxxered
:rofl:

Installed my police radio box / smuggler.
IMG_9697.JPG

IMG_9695.JPG

IMG_9696.JPG

IMG_9699.JPG

IMG_9701.JPG

For now I put a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet to keep small stuff from falling into the nooks
Nice job Marcus!

With those stripes, it looks pretty good in white. I see you found a handy use for the rear light bracket bosses. I had mine filled in, and now have my XM puck mounted there.

Hey, all rides have a turn around point. Just sometimes their great big ones spanning countries, other times, it's in the same lane.
It's ok Steve...I've made u-turns too. You ever notice how everyone wants to tease the leader, but no one wants to lead?? Besides, why were you leading rides outside your own country? I think making u-turns adds to the adventure. You get another chance to see the stuff you missed, and get to see the other stuff twice. Lol!!

Hey, all rides have a turn around point. Just sometimes their great big ones spanning countries, other times, it's in the same lane.
It's ok Steve...I've made u-turns too. You ever notice how everyone wants to tease the leader, but no one wants to lead?? Besides, why were you leading rides outside your own country? I think making u-turns adds to the adventure. You get another chance to see the stuff you missed, and get to see the other stuff twice. Lol!!
The funny bit is when Rob, Tom and I did the 2010 around the continent jaunt, I only made one U-Turn and I'm blaming the GPS for that one. Mind you, it was a good one, had to backtrack about 10 miles.

The funny bit is when Rob, Tom and I did the 2010 around the continent jaunt, I only made one U-Turn and I'm blaming the GPS for that one. Mind you, it was a good one, had to backtrack about 10 miles.
So you're saying, Rob and Tom only put you up front that one time?

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're saying, Rob and Tom only put you up front that one time?
Ha, no. I led near the entire way, at least to New Mexico. The one time I asked Tom to lead he said "I don't know the route", I said "It's I90, follow your nose" then he and Rob took off like their asses were on fire in a serious way across Montana.

Replaced the headlights with Sylvania SilverStar Ultras

Did a TBS

Installed a Denali PowerHub 2 (which meant re-wiring the GPS and Battery Tender Pigtail)

Replaced the headlights with Sylvania SilverStar Ultras
Hope you bought plenty of extra bulbs. I really liked the light output but I tried them once on a Kawasaki, lasted less than 4 months. Also tried them on a Ford F150, lasted less than 6 months.

YMMV of course but for me never again.
I use them in all my vehicles. The ones in my Lancer are going on 2 years old, in my FZ1 close to 3, my Truck the last set was over 2 years old when I switched it over to HIDs. Hell even the one in my DRZ is over a year old...

I FINALLY got my pipes. I called David and was gonna go with the Leo Vince pipes, but I didn't really like the matt color of the pipes. I wanted shiny...I donno why. So, I found the TwoBrothers Aluminum Black series for, what I thought was, a really good price. Put them on last night. No P1 tips, just the pipes...I like them. Loading pics for me is a pain, so here's a YouTube video. Lol

Before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hFQsxmTsRU

After...Including commentary from my helpers about how the garage stinks:

Moved, and began un-crating my Princess Auto, (Harbour Freight), motorcycle lift. Dang thing is heavy! I'll finish un-crating and assembly tomorrow, after I go riding to admire the fall colours!

Edited 2013/10/25 -- Got 'er done. Not going to load the feej onto it until I get a better wheel chock fitted -- tomorrow!

I relocated my fuzeblock from under the seat to inside the glovebox. To do this, I needed to "enlarge" the glovebox using a dremel and then seal it back up. (The glovebox lock never worked since I've had the bike. So I didn't feel bad about getting rid of the locking mechanism and cutting up the box.) Mounted a blue sea dual USB port to the glove box door. Then drilled a hole in the glove box door so I can run a fastener through the door and into the screw hole under the door. This will keep the door closed and secure. The fuzeblock powers three USB outlets, a signal dynamics voltage monitor, and a SAE connector for battery tender or air pump.

Next weekend, I'll put a blue sea fuse block under the seat to power heat-troller, LED lights, radar detector, and powerlet outlet. The blue sea fuse block will be triggered by a relay under the dash.

did my 12k service - stuck with rotella t6 synth as I had 3 gallons of it and no issues as far as I can tell

Also did my first The Really, Definitely, Completely Un-Authorized Throttle Body Sync (TBS) https://home.comcast.net/~FJR-NERDS/FJR_Tech_Stuff/The_RDCUA_TBS.htm

Here's some before and after pics

before - 3-4k (sorry its a bit fuzzy but you get the picture)

IMG_1098.JPG

after - much better could be better - next time maybe

IMG_1099.JPG

Well yesterday I took my WynPro LR4 light brackets back off and today I painted them gloss black. Rust oleum brand. Good stuff. Tomorrow I get to put it all back together again. I am getting pretty good at that lately.

Dave