What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R&G Racing frame sliders, fork protectors and radiator guard installed. Fresh PR3s installed with 90° valve stems for the wheels.

I did a few things today but the only thing that got in front of the camera was the installation of the bar-end mirror.Now what is behind me is perfectly clear.

A few more mirrors and you can donate your bike for the remake of QUADROPHENIA!
smile.png

Yabbut... why not just spring for the FZ1 mirrors.

Even with their "praying mantis" looks they look better than having 4 mirrors, and they work just as well if not better.

Even with their "praying mantis" looks they look better than having 4 mirrors, and they work just as well if not better.
I like the stock mirrors for what they do show me. The handlebar end mirror (just one) gives such a wide clear view of what is behind plus, I’ve had them on bikes for a long time – ever since I rode the hood of a car through a red light watching my H2 Kawasaki disappear in a shower of sparks.

I like the stock mirrors for what they do show me. The handlebar end mirror (just one) gives such a wide clear view of what is behind plus, I’ve had them on bikes for a long time – ever since I rode the hood of a car through a red light watching my H2 Kawasaki disappear in a shower of sparks.

Ever ride an FJR with the FZ1 mirrors?

Ever ride an FJR with the FZ1 mirrors?
No - I have not - they do not appeal to me.

I have an FZ1 (bought new in 2004) and the first thing I did was yank the fairing/mirrors to make it "Naked".

Same bar-end mirrors on that bike.

Ever ride a bike with good bar-end mirrors?

caf0d62a-3231-48c3-91f2-0b639d7ed73e_zpsc08b11df.jpg

Yup. Had Napolean bar ends on my Ducati Monster. They did give a much better view of what was behind me than the stock bar-top mirrors did, which showed me all elbow views. but they were too low down and required too much downward eye movement for my liking.

That was a fun, (albeit somewhat cramped for a 6'2" rider), hooligan bike. As you can see below, I made that bike look like a mini-bike!

DCP_1335.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a 300 mile loop from Cleveland to Columbus yesterday. It was cold.

Averaged 40 mpg (topped off 4.96gal after riding 209 miles with one bar left on gauge).

Found out my Rifle Sport windshield sucks as much as the stock one. Non-stop buffeting at highway speeds, might have to try it with a tuning block...

Averaged 40 mpg (topped off 4.96gal after riding 209 miles with one bar left on gauge).

Found out my Rifle Sport windshield sucks as much as the stock one. Non-stop buffeting at highway speeds, might have to try it with a tuning block...
Let me know next time you wanna go for a little ride.

Actually you averaged a bit over 42 mpg, based on those numbers.

Yes, the tuning block is the entire key to Rifle windshields. And with the sport model you will keep the top edge low enough that your head will be up in the wind. With the bigger touring model you can get in behind the shield entirely, but it is very hot any time but right now (winter).

Actually you averaged a bit over 42 mpg, based on those numbers.
You are correct. I did a quick 5 gal / 200 mile computation in my head when I finished fueling and never thought to do the actual math.

BO-ring.

Replaced the left headlight bulb.

First I did a 'search' and read all of the tips, tricks and bloody-hand stories. And the one about the dealer charging $60-90, plus bulbs.

On the way home from this morning's PGR mission I stopped at O'Reilly's and bought two bulbs ( just the basic Sylvania).

After lunch I warned my bride to ignore any colorful language from the driveway, and went down to do the deed.

The Divine Spectator must have been busy watching people suffer in the Philippines, 'cause I got off easy: 10 minutes and no blood spilled.

I figure the right side will blow in a few weeks... And the almighty can be entertained at my expense.

heeg.jpg

Time for the winter maintenance. This year will include a complete suspension upgrade with 25mm fork cartridges and an Ohlins shock from GP, clean and lube the rear linkage, valve check/adjustment, all fluids changed, regulator wire upgrade, TBS, and anything I happen to break along the way.