What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built it a new tool for the pre spring service event...

manometer.jpg

Uuuuuuuuugh, your not going to put your work bench under it I hope.
no.gif

I am jellous, Dave

Now you need a small fridge with a case of beer and your all set.
smile.png
The loft is 4x8. The work bench will be back underneath that. There will be task lighting underneath the loft. There's plenty of room (under the bench or to the side) for a mini fridge if I wanted one. There's also plenty of room across the rest of the building (back toward the entry door) for other stuff. I could probably put the FJR on a turntable and have it on display, slowly rotating to amaze those who enter.
rofl.gif

Who's "Dave"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully not too "Mini" a fridge..

A proper toybox like that should have an adequate beverage storage device :)

I built it a new tool for the pre spring service event...[img=[URL="https://mysite.verizon.net/vzerlnag/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/manometer.jpg%5D"]https://mysite.verizon.net/vzerlnag/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/manometer.jpg][/URL]
What is that for!?

I built it a new tool for the pre spring service event...

[img=[URL="https://mysite.verizon.net/vzerlnag/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/manometer.jpg%5D"]https://mysite.verizon.net/vzerlnag/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/manometer.jpg][/URL]
What is that for!?
I think it is so all the guys can smoke at the same time.

Bounce said:
The loft is in place. Load rated at 600# but due to the roof angles, I suspect that the bolts' sheering rating is lower than that. Still even at #300 that's a lot of stuff.
Also got the wainscoting up.

wainscoting.jpg
no.gif

I am jellous, Dave

Now you need a small large fridge with a case pallet of beer and your all set.
smile.png
+10, FIXED!

Let's see, if I remember correctly from some work I did long ago in a far away land.

a Pallet of beer would be 88 cases of 24, or 2,112 cans.

Needed a very large firdge.

no.gif

I am jellous, Dave

Now you need a small fridge with a case of beer and your all set.
smile.png
The loft is 4x8. The work bench will be back underneath that. There will be task lighting underneath the loft. There's plenty of room (under the bench or to the side) for a mini fridge if I wanted one. There's also plenty of room across the rest of the building (back toward the entry door) for other stuff. I could probably put the FJR on a turntable and have it on display, slowly rotating to amaze those who enter.
rofl.gif

Who's "Dave"?
He's Dave (08FJR4ME). He was just signing his post and missed a carriage return or two. ;) .

I like the turntable idea. :thumbsup:

Plasti-Dipped my saddle bags. Waiting on it to cure to get some pics.

Hopefully not too "Mini" a fridge..A proper toybox like that should have an adequate beverage storage device
smile.png
Agreed, but it doesn't have to take up too much space:

kegerator-beer-fridge-tap-open49264.jpg

Plasti-Dipped my saddle bags. Waiting on it to cure to get some pics.

Looking forward to see what you've done. Thinking about doing the same (when it gets warm enough in the friggen garage)

Replaced the left tail light and rode down to San Diego & back. Just slab, no "fun" stuff.

But the worst day in the saddle is better than in a car, a view likely shared by the hundreds of cars I "lane-shared" with - and passed - until the accident cleared.

Longed for my fjr. In San Diego for a long weekend and rented a BMW rt1150t, which felt toy-like, under powered, overly plastic and very uncomfortable for our rude out on hwy 94.

Went bug hunting this afternoon as my fjr was ready to test the theory, that Arizona bugs are really dryer than North Carolina bugs.

The initial report is they are but more testing is needed.

Took a short ride before going to celebrate my youngest grandson's 1st birthday. Man, the older you get, the quicker time flies by!

Anyway, my grandson Liam got to sit on a motorcycle for the first time in his young life.

Not only must granparents teach their grandkids, they must also spoil them & it looks like Liam's off to a good start.

Rode it to Wallyworld for some more monkey butt in preparation for this summer.....

Rode it to work finally (22 degrees)! This winter has been loooong. The rest of the week will be colder, but I'm still going to ride. I felt rusty today.

Installed the2Wheel levers Shorties Black with Titanium clickers.

(Ordered 2/14, shipped 2/17, arrived 2/27)

2014-03-01102556_zps1e1d1cfe.jpg

2014-03-01102531_zpse6dec2a2.jpg