What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little dyno time for a baseline and a run with Holeshot slip-ons on just to see how bad they play with the A/F curve with out a tune.
i wouldn't expect slip ons to make a difference since the exhaust bottle neck is in the cat/con.
Jury is still out, I am not convinced the cats are all that great of a bottle neck. From what I have seen in the past, the FJR cats don't appear to be any more restrictive than the high flow cats I have gutted/dissected for automotive use in the past.

The dyno run was just for a baseline. I do a baseline run on every bike I have owned after about 5K miles. You would be surprised how useful that baseline A/F info can be when you run into future runability problems down the road. Its often nice to be able to reference back to those air fuel numbers or the shape of the curve. The run with the slip-ons was "just to see" as they are on hand.

I have a holeshot header and PC V W/autotune that will be going on this week. Welding a O2 bung into the Holeshot header later today after lubing the rear suspension and getting the clutch side wrapped back up.

Plans to open up the other end of the air box and that is about it, just the basics of letting it breath, other than doing some dyno tuning and using the bone stock A/F numbers as target ratios for an economy map and than a see what we can get out of it tune. If anything, I know mama yamaha didn't leave much on the table. Gearing and cam profile to me look to be the biggest limitations. I suppose if I was curious enough I could do a dyno run with the Holeshot system with the factory O2 sensor and no PC on it to see just how restrictive the cats are and just how well the factory ECU can pull things together. The Holeshot headers only really open up at/after the collector merge compared to stock so I would say it is a close to fair comparison.

All easily reversible items and easy to recover costs with the exception of a few hundred bucks in dyno time when we get to the tuning stage.

Installed Two Brothers racing: Black Series Titanium pipes
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/156587-two-bros-black-series/?p=1132377

Stopped at the dealer to look at it, and see how they are progressing with my service. Should have it back this week...

But I did pick up a new 4 wheeled toy this morning...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode a hundred mile south in the sun. Had lunch. Rode one hundred miles north in the rain???????????? Still grinning.......

I stood in my sub-freezing garage, a glint of light reflecting off a bit of nasal leakage, and stared longingly at my bikes, hoping, nay, praying, I'll be able to hear them running again soon.

6" of snow on Friday, and -30C last night means it's gonna be a while yet.

I stood in my sub-freezing garage, a glint of light reflecting off a bit of nasal leakage, and stared longingly at my bikes, hoping, nay, praying, I'll be able to hear them running again soon.
6" of snow on Friday, and -30C last night means it's gonna be a while yet.
We are a little bit warmer than you (-16 °C here tonight) but we got over a foot of new snow last Thursday. Snow banks at the street are around 6'. Probably 3-4 feet of snow on the "lawn". I have managed to keep the driveway clear but there are a couple inches of ice on the street in front of my house. Main streets are clear but heavily salted. I don't mind sand - just be careful in the corners - but I don't ride when there is wet salt. I'm not expecting to be able to get the bike out for at least another two or three weeks. First time in 5 years that I haven't been on the road by St. Patrick's Day.

I have been planning a bunch of maintenance stuff but its been hard to get motivated with the crappy weather.

I had a mixed bag of a weekend, changed oil to Yamalube ( motorsport $17) from rotella T6 , Unofficial tbs - seems better - major fail on the pair removal - couldn't get the freaking bolts out - man they were in there with some force and i couldn't get enough purchase even with a shortened Allen key - will either leave it till a valve check - if im brave enough to do it myself or there's a techday in norcal - or just perhaps use the dorman or the other plugs approach - applied grease to the gear shift wasnt 100% sure what al li was greasing but it was just preventative anyway

Replaced the LCD display i cracked on my $18 Ebay GPS with one from an $8 ebay "parts or repair" one... now its a $26 gps.

(must be i bumped it when i serivced the bike or some time over the winter...dunno)

I sure am glad i dont have one a them high dollar fancy ones...