What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it to work in yesterday's snowstorm, fortunately none or our snow stuck to the road. Today's ride includes temperatures in the teens.

Walked passed my FJR in my 10º garage and confirmed that the Battery Tender was still working. I did notice that I should take my ahamaY windshield inside and give it a good Novus polishing because it has gotten really hazy.

I took it out for the first ride of the year!

ae8g46.jpg

21c8tb8.jpg

Went for a ride! Temps in the mid 50s and sunny outside. Found out the smaller curvy roads have been badly damaged this winter. Gonna have to stay on secondary roads. :-(

I also changed the engine oil and filter and the final drive oil. Bike now has 1200 miles and I did the first change at 350 miles. Engine oil did not look too bad but final drive oil was very dark. I plan to change all every 4,000 miles going forward!

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up this Gen1 in December, now that I am actually getting to ride it I have added a few things.

The Cee-Bailey Screen and Heli risers came with it. I added the Givi rack to run the 46L trunk I use on my FZ1. Also the tank ring for my bags connection tank bag.

I also added Oxford grips

With that screen the wind protection is amazing.

983628_10203458980779790_396503887_n.jpg

and then put a lighter plug in the dash and a dual USB port in the glove box.

1977136_10203453719928272_2023428527_n.jpg

Saturday I rode when it was 46 and left the grips on 40%

After the longest and most freaking miserable winter of my life, I took the day off work and got a decent ride im.

[img=[URL="https://bmwrider.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2014-Riding-Season/i-DDNKsfS/0/XL/image-XL.jpg%5D"]https://bmwrider.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2014-Riding-Season/i-DDNKsfS/0/XL/image-XL.jpg][/URL]

Took my first ride of the year, I was doing so good the officer decided to give me a performance award.

17.2 mph over the limit, oh well just plead not guilty!

(Yesterday) took wheels off, took them to a local shop to get new tyres fitted.

(Click on image for larger view)

Note the tidy way I work . . . . . . . Front - some triangulation . . . . . .Rear - a little too much slab

Since we're in NEPRT, BT023GTs, no scalloping, still felt good. Probably got another 1000 miles in them while still legal (1mm tread depth all over), but doing probably 2500 miles in Spain and Portugal in a couple of weeks. Front: 8500 miles, rear 6290. About normal for me.

Replaced the three pairs of "front" pads, old were getting a bit low (26359 miles).

Pretty even wear.

Picked up wheels from dealer who'd fitted new tyres. Fitted wheels to bike. Noticed no balance weights on either wheel. Excuse to take it for a run up to FJR nominal cruising speed to check for out-of-balance. No problems.

Dealer who fitted tyres aligned the balance marks on the tyres with the valves.

I installed my new Laam seat today.

It was soooooooo hard. I had to turn the key, remove the pillion seat, and then finally release the latch on the front seat.

Pulled the forks, boxed them up, shipped off for AK-20's to be installed at Traxxion.