What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finished bulking up for winter with the V-Stream and the hand-guards last week. Yesterday I installed my brand new United Kingdom special real leather rear seat cover. It matches the Front seat cover that was put on about 3 weeks ago. These have a black center panel with grey side trim panels. I am about 2/3rds through the tightening phase, where I lace the underside left to right and tighten it over a couple of days to try to keep the leather tight across the reverse curve. I will staple it down tomorrow or Friday

Winterized ol' Frankenbike. Which means I filled the tank...with plain old gas. Will need to re-winterize in another week or so.

Winterized ol' Frankenbike. Which means I filled the tank...with plain old gas. Will need to re-winterize in another week or so.
Same here RadioHowie but I'm going to ride my Feejer down to Tucson to visit airboss - Karl, so I'll have to re-winterize tomorrow! Mas Caminos y mas Amigos, Suerte!

Can't wait to see pictures of the seat. I have the same thing but opposite. Grey leather on top and black on the sides. Russell was suppose to make it like yours but screwed up. Thankfully they did because I think the grey stays cooler in the summer when the sun beats down on it.

Dave

Riding it.
Damn you! Snow falling here in Indiana... Bike is in the garage, not winterized because I intend to ride it a few times, just like last year when I put about 1.500 miles on it over the winter.

Rode the bike out to its winter hibernation location yesterday afternoon. I will visit it this weekend to do an oil change and give it its annual bath. I'll throw a cover over it once its dry. Almost a foot of heavy wet snow here last night so it seems likely that I'm done until March.

Have some winter "stuff" to do to it this year. I think I'll leave the valves (did them in June, I think) but want to clean up the throttle bodies (never been done in 126,000 miles) and do the rear suspension pivot points. Penske rear shock is in desperate need of a refresh but there's nobody around here I trust to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode about 500 "spirited" miles today. Aw shit, who am I kidding? We were railing it from the word go. What a hoot!!! I was joined by 1 buddy with an ST1300 and another with an FZ-09 and those guys know how to twist it. Left the house at dark-30 at a crisp 35 degrees, but it warmed up to the lower 60s by this afternoon - not a cloud in the sky - severe clear! We went over to East Texas to ride the farm to market and state curvy/twisty hwys around Toledo Bend. With speed limits at 70 and 75, and ZERO traffic (I assume everyone was either shopping or deer hunting), we had plenty opportunity to stretch the legs on the beasts.

Fuel mileage was 39.1 and 39.6. Oh yeah - we blew the carbon out of the pipes today!

Fishing tomorrow with my dad. Life is good!

Stay thirsty, my friends....

Looked at it as I got into the wife's car for a morning ride to the ER. Yep...there's a story.
Shit. I hope nothing to serious.

I haven't even seen mine since I took my winter ride out of garage a few days ago to clear the snow out of the driveway.

More back/sciatica problems. Going on four weeks of progressively worsening pain. Spent thanksgiving in bed, and three hours in the ER yesterday. I've got an appointment with the neurosurgeon on December 8th. This truly does suck.

Man Joe, that really does suck! I'll try to even out the universe with a good flight from Chicago Midway tonight to home down south.

Crossing fingers that the pilot looks older than my son, the policeman to be.

I'll be sure to look at the FJRs as I pass them in the garage on the way to bed after midnight.

More back/sciatica problems. Going on four weeks of progressively worsening pain. Spent thanksgiving in bed, and three hours in the ER yesterday. I've got an appointment with the neurosurgeon on December 8th. This truly does suck.
Sorry to read of the back shit. I hope they can get you some help long before your riding season returns.

PS. if you find a smoking deals on a Schuberth helmets let me know! Nobody can bird dog the deals like you can.

Sorry to read of the back shit. I hope they can get you some help long before your riding season returns.
PS. if you find a smoking deals on a Schuberth helmets let me know! Nobody can bird dog the deals like you can.
I'll keep an eye out for that Schubert deal. The Internet is all I have of the outside world for now.

I'll keep an eye out for that Schubert deal. The Internet is all I have of the outside world for now.

Jose, I came down with Sciatica so bad in Fall of 2003 that I thought I was going to have to cancel a Spring of 2004 Motorcycle Trip through Spain I had booked/paid for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolotherapy I tried conventional doctors with absolutely no effect, I then had three Prolotherapy treatments and the Sciatica went away ASAP!

First thing I did this Thanksgiving holiday is introduce my nearly two year old Grandaughter to the bike, she might as well get used to it! Then I rode it some yesterday, G/F has a stomach bug and I can't go fish so I might as well ride!
confusedsmiley.png
Probably sneak off again today if possible.

I did sneak off for a solo ride around the southeast side of Indy, stop & watch the bulk of the second half of the Colts/Redskins game and get back to the house just as the drizzle started. Pretty good for central Indiana on the last day of November.

Damn Joe, that's rough. I hope you can get some relief. I had to be hauled off in an ambulance due to severe sciatic nerve pain once. Suffered with it for many years. I don't care if I never take another Percocet as long as I live. The solution for me finally was changing jobs to one that didn't require heavy lifting.

I moved my FJR today to make room for Christmas lights and decorations for the yard. 25 deg and snow on the ground. Later I will sit on the Feej in the shop and watch the Why We Ride DVD I got at the IMS last weekend.

Damn Joe, that's rough. I hope you can get some relief. I had to be hauled off in an ambulance due to severe sciatic nerve pain once. Suffered with it for many years. I don't care if I never take another Percocet as long as I live. The solution for me finally was changing jobs to one that didn't require heavy lifting. I moved my FJR today to make room for Christmas lights and decorations for the yard. 25 deg and snow on the ground. Later I will sit on the Feej in the shop and watch the Why We Ride DVD I got at the IMS last weekend.
That's kind of like when I watch "Enemy At The Gates" while holding my Moisin -Nagant.