What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it 175 miles in the country yesterday and picked up a performance award from the Louisiana State Police. 68 in a 55 - bad timing, he appeared out of no where in a curve. Bad Pants....

I installed my last farkles (yea, right). A Cox radiator guard and FIAMM freeway blaster horn. I don't think the horn will last though. I really want the horn to sound like an Italian dual note - a really high pitched and loud "Waaatt'. Not a 'beep'.

Changed the oil to Rotella T6 at 17,750 miles. Still need to change the plus again and check TBS.

pulled the rear wheel and pumpkin-lubed the splines [Honda moly 60, hope the Yammie isn't picky] mounted my last PR2 190/55...yeah I know I'm an idiot for using a non- spec tire...brake pads were paper thin so put on new ones from Part Shark..$25 + $10 shipping

I changed the battery just in time for the biggest snowstorm of the season.
I think they have changed the forecast a little...you might end up with 5 inches of snow, by tomorrow morning.
I changed the battery just in time for the biggest snowstorm of the season.
I think they have changed the forecast a little...you might end up with 5 inches of snow, by tomorrow morning.
You're right! And so am I. This is the most snow we've had this year. About 3-4" so far here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed my new chinese handguards this weekend. SWEEEEEEEEET, OH YEH,

Since they have shut the company down for tomorrow I may try and post some pic's. later.

The northeast is so screwed,

Dave

Installed these a couple weeks ago but finally took some pics today. Yes, the bike is dirty. I am riding it to work every night and keeping it shiny is very low priority right now.

T-Rex frame sliders.

Yes, the bike is dirty. I am riding it to work every night and keeping it shiny is very low priority right now.
No biggie. That bike is FUGLY even when it is clean and shiny. Much like its owner.
yes.gif
bye.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the bike is dirty. I am riding it to work every night and keeping it shiny is very low priority right now.
No biggie. That bike is FUGLY even when it is clean and shiny. Much like its owner.
yes.gif
bye.gif

Blasphemy from the likes of you.... I think your turning RED with envy....
No, he is half right. I am ugly. He has seen me in person and speaks the truth on that score. But my FJR on the other hand is NOT fugly. It looks sinister and menacing. It looks predatory, vicious, stealthy, and fast.

Of course I would hate to insult the owners of the wonderful 2014 in Candy Red because that is a wonderful color for a wonderful bike. But if I could single out the 2014 ES that SkooterG just acquired I would probably say...

Candy Red? Awww, that's so sweet! You can just see the pink hi-lights when it gets in the sun. A nice pink pin-stripe, some cute little tassels hanging from the bar ends, and a make up mirror will customize it nicely. It has plenty of room in the side-cases for your purse and size 10 Louboutin pumps. And Skoot looks just precious riding it!

Walked past it in the garage. It was -40C. No ridey. No touchy. See you in a few months.