What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winter?? You guys really gotta learn the advantages of living way more south.
I did some small maintenance items and took my middle daughter for a 150 mile ride. She had a blast.

IMG_3309.png

IMG_3308.jpg
'Zilla.. I will give you NO grief on this post, only accolades. Good for you. 12 bonus points out of 10 from the CBA prez..
punk.gif

I rode mine Saturday....the high got to around 66F.......it was a great day to ride to the Hockey game. Yesterday I side-stepped it and took the FZ1 out for a spin.

Installed the Powerlet dual socket lockset kit for my heated gear. Installed the Centech AP-2 fuse panel & connected wiring for my GPS and radar detector.

Installed a set of black anodized 7 click adjustable levers. The shape of the clutch lever in particular is much better for me, the brake lever is better as well. I love the way these look, they add to the blacked out look of the '15. They feel great as well so it is a win/win for me.

I can see how the Harley guys get excited over buying chrome now. With my old ST there was no making it look better. With the FJR I can make it look better and work better too. This could get fun.

Oh, and I gave Scar a bath as well. Then, just like I do every night, I got on it and rode it to work.
upset.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Took her for a 150 mile ride today . Put a Sargent world seat on a few weeks ago I got to try out today . Then tucked her in between the

T Max , ZRX1200R , and 1980 XS1100 Mid night special .

here she is bag less next to grandpa

Well cant post a picture . Guess photobucket is not allowed here .

Took her for a 150 mile ride today . Put a Sargent world seat on a few weeks ago I got to try out today . Then tucked her in between the T Max , ZRX1200R , and 1980 XS1100 Mid night special .

But it is...toggle off that upper left button in the reply screen and it should paste from photobucket okay. I had a 79 XS11 special. Cool bike for 1979.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took her for a 150 mile ride today . Put a Sargent world seat on a few weeks ago I got to try out today . Then tucked her in between the T Max , ZRX1200R , and 1980 XS1100 Mid night special .

But it is...toggle off that upper left button in the reply screen and it should paste from photobucket okay. I had a 79 XS11 special. Cool bike for 1979.
Yes, photobucket works just fine. In fact it is what I use. There are threads here on how to use it, how to make it work.

The Yamaha XS11 and the Midnight Special variant were awesome in their day. The fact that I was too young to experience those wonderful machines is one of the great regrets of my life. That Midnight Special in black and gold was the stuff of dreams.

Dropped my seats off in Redding for Seth Laam to make mo betta!
Waiting to hear your opinion, sir.

The stock seat was just fine until I did back-to-back 500-mile days. Those last few hours had me squirming like an earthworm on the sidewalk.

Received my new (and first ever) Russel Day-Long saddle two days ago. I went all out on this one for the girlfriend and I.
punk.gif

It is a work of art!

Unfortunately, though the jury is still out I think it will be going back sooner than later.
sadsmiley.gif

Unfortunately, though the jury is still out I think it will be going back sooner than later
Rut-roh...what's up Skoot?

--G

Well, after a whopping 200 miles.......... it's too high! My ass seems to be happy with the shape though I think I would like another 1/4" - 1/2" rise in the front to keep from sliding forward, but it is too high! Feels like I am 1.5" - 3" higher than stock. Even in low seat position it is much higher than stock in high position. I went to from easily flat-footing to barely not being able to. But I can live with that. But raising my whole butt and torso makes me lean forward more and is making things uncomfortable for the arms, wrists, and shoulders. It puts me in more of a sport bike position. This even with the Heli riser triple clamp. And it feels like I am too high over the windshield.

I am going to ride it for another 1,000 miles or so and let it break in but I anticipate it going back for adjustment. The g/f's rear seat looks absolutely wonderful though she hasn't tried it yet. One of the reasons I went with the leather Russel is I have sat on Fairlaner's several times and love it. I don't remember it being all that much higher than stock.