What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walked past it in the garage. It was -40C. No ridey. No touchy. See you in a few months.
Walked past it in garage. 54F and cloudy. No ridey. No touchy. See you tomorrow.
May the fleas of a thousand camels nestle in your Tourmasters.
I may need some of those fleas. Would you like to hear about my ride home from work at 5:45 am this morning? It was overcast, rain all around and 60 F. But it did not rain on me. I used my mid-weight gloves and turned the grip heater to low.
smile.png

Zilla,

Great to see u got a young un out on a ride. But since I read for content, you said middle daughter. This implies 3, 5, or 7. Numbers that have a middle. You get the point. I am guessing you have 3 daughters. Both congratulations and you have my deepest sympathies, I have just one daughter and she is all I can handle. As the saying goes every father deserves one daughter JUST ONE!!

All kidding aside what a great dad!!!

What a bunch of great memories you are creating. My daughter hears the bike come off the center stand and she bounces over and says "where u going?" And then before I can answer she says "can I go with?" The need for real gear for her keeps her off of most longer rides. I just can't take her on a serious ride without full gear.

I did put on the highway pegs I bought here on the forum. Hopefully in preparation for a ride tomorrow.

Zilla,
Great to see u got a young un out on a ride. But since I read for content, you said middle daughter. This implies 3, 5, or 7. Numbers that have a middle. You get the point. I am guessing you have 3 daughters. Both congratulations and you have my deepest sympathies, I have just one daughter and she is all I can handle. As the saying goes every father deserves one daughter JUST ONE!!

All kidding aside what a great dad!!!

What a bunch of great memories you are creating. My daughter hears the bike come off the center stand and she bounces over and says "where u going?" And then before I can answer she says "can I go with?" The need for real gear for her keeps her off of most longer rides. I just can't take her on a serious ride without full gear.

I did put on the highway pegs I bought here on the forum. Hopefully in preparation for a ride tomorrow.
Haha...Yes, I have 3 daughters. They all take after their mom, but the middle one is me in a skirt. Does the same stuff and is a bull in a china shop, just like me. I have 3 daughters, because God is pissed. I did some stuff when I was younger, and I didn't know he was keeping score. Oops.
As far as gear, my girls have full gear. That jacket is a Tourmaster Jett Youth. She is wearing Bilt pants, Bilt road boots, and Bilt road gloves with the knuckle armor.

Admittedly, Bilt is not the best stuff out there, but it's decent and way better than denim. If you watch Cycle Gear for sales, you can get decent deals. FWIW, the oldest, my 12 year old is wearing her mom's pants already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zilla, you're a great Dad, spend all the time you can with them. They grow up fast and off they go. Our daughter went to college in NYC 10 days before 9-11-2001. Joined the Army went to Germany (first Christmas without her at home), then on to Iraq(second Christmas without her). Now she lives on the west coast. I cherish every memory with her, hope she does the same!

by the way, if daughter #2 is like Dad, then the boys better watch out!

To keep on topic, I took the Battery Tender off of the quad and plugged in the FJR.

It has stop raining here in the Pacific Northwet for a least 40 minutes so I washed my bike. I know gay isn't it.

It was this color:

2014_FJR1300A_VDOM1_CA_3.png

Brown, didn't realize how bad it was,

Now it is this color:

10273430_10152393450264628_963233656684903913_n.jpg

Still have to get some of that crap off they use to melt ice and snow but it looks so much better.

PS: You know I hate to give Zilla props but he is. Seems to me his dad must have been a good guy too.

Just bought a Yam touring screen from a forum guy and mounted it.

We'll see if it's 'better' than the Rifle.

Rode it 100 miles to hit 1000 miles! It was so warm today that I could finally finish up some farkling and adjust the suspension for the first time. Installed heavy bar ends, adjusted compression & rebound. The rebound was set at 15 clicks out from the factory. I knew this thing had to handle and track better than it was! And the dive was horrible on braking! Setting compression to 8 clicks and rebound to 7 clicks solved the problem. It handles great now. I set the rear to hard but didn't get a chance to measure the sag on the front to set the preload. It's set to line 3 which is OK for now but I'm guessing it'll need to have more preload.

The FJR is still under it's winter blanket but I did redo the rear suspension on the wing today. It's better equipped to hold my rotund backside off the ground now. Tomorrow I'll finish the preseason stuff on the wing and then get started on the FJR. It gets tires(darkside) and fluids.

Finished installing my Gerbing power through the PDM60 and mounted a new PCA rear rack and backrest in preparation for the FODS '15 rally and my 2 week trip to the Great NW in July. But who needs Gerbings this time of year. It was 82 in Phoenix today and once I got the backrest installed, I got my wife on there for the very first time for an hour ride and stop for a bite to eat.