What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you need to move your battery up higher and farther right. That'll help. I think MCL Reservoir cover, ram ball...then it could be adjusted with long or short arm, in or out, etc. as needed. JS.

Took a nice 325 loop around Mount Rainier. Stopped for lunch at Sticky Fingers Bakery in Naches.

IMG_20160805_195403.jpg

Adam - if your bike is getting dusty, it's not because you let it sit in the garage. Ride on, man!!

Today, I'm tracking the shipment a brand new (2nd hand) Tom Tom Rider GPS. Woo hoo!!

Fetched mine from my soon-to-be-ex's house, rode back in 97F heat. I know, but in traffic it's not fun. Elvira is home now..

Today, I'm tracking the shipment a brand new (2nd hand) Tom Tom Rider GPS. Woo hoo!!
I'd hate to ask what you do for fun..
rolleyes.gif

Started the farkling process with my brand new '15. Swapped out the stock windshield with the touring shield (immediate and noticeable improvement); installed a Stiffy in preparation for a top case; and moved the bars to the position closest to the rider (while waiting for my Genmars to show up). My Givi top case should be here Friday, and Gary is working on a supersized SR357 and a custom flag mount for my PGR missions. I also scheduled my seat conversion to a Seth Laam.

Good thing I got a great deal on the actual bike purchase; farkle purchases are threatening to break me!
shout.gif

I rode it! Due to health issues, I haven't been able to ride the Big Blue Beast for about 6 months. Fresh oil and filter and a bath. I was rewarded with a front wheel in the air and a snarl from the Holeshots. The Beast Lives!!!

Ordered a replacement auxiliary light from Mondo Moto. Apparently, the LED driver on one of my lights has gone bad - a little over a year old. Dumb luck, I guess. Picked up some waterproof connectors to make future replacements easy.

Amp_Female_Superseal_Front.JPG

Also, ordered a new Textile jacket - tourmaster GX-Sport 3 on closeout from Newenough - $139.00. It's the textile version of the mesh jacket that I've worn for years. Good product.

Called the shop to see if bike was fixed yet (warranty repairs). This is the longest I've gone without riding unless I was traveling for work in years.

Ya know Bill - I think I feel ya!

Sometimes (especially this time of year), I can go weeks without riding. But just having the bike in the shop waiting on me is kind of comforting. I know that if I want to, I can take off at a minutes notice. But if the bike is torn down, or needs tires, or worse yet - not at the house for some reason, well.... I get antsy!

Way to go 'pants! Spending money is FUN!

Remember friends, it is Only Money. It is no good until you spend it.

If you ever go tumbling down the asphalt again you will not be thinking, "Damn it! I just spent $$$ on this jacket and now it is ruined!"

You will be glad you spent that money. You may be upset over your jacket later, but not at that moment. I speak from experience here.

No doubt - BTDT regarding gear. Paid with some skin too for the wrong gear.

I will use the textile jacket for the cooler months and on fall/winter/spring tours where wet road riding is more likely.

"It's just money. Every two weeks they give you more."

Honest quote from a naive, free-spending teenage girl who is now just somebody that I used to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
"It's just money. Every two weeks they YOU give you more."
Honest quote from a naive, free-spending teenage girl who is now just somebody that I used to know.
FIFY

In my case, It is only money. When I run out, I work more. The more I need, the more I work. A simple equation. I am just slightly more greedy than I am lazy. And I am very lazy.

In all fairness, there are some things that are Worth The Money. What those things are is up to each of us to decide.

A very fine friend of mine said " I spent most of my money on beer, women, and motorcycles. The rest I just wasted"

Thanks Cookie for setting me straight !
punk.gif

today I drink a beer near her listening to first album of syd barrett

today I drink a beer near her listening to first album of syd barrett

eflyguy wrote:

Solution - multiple bikes!
punk.gif
Great idea! I only had one when I started riding on a 1978 Suzuki GS750E back in the early 80's in Roswell, GA (although I was just as close to Marietta as Roswell).

Now there's 3 in my garage and it really does come in handy. Earlier this week I hopped on the FJR and immediately knew something was wrong when I popped it off the centerstand. Yup, flat back tire due to a big nail sticking out. No time to plug it, so I hopped on the wife's Honda NC700XD and rode it instead. I sure miss the FJR power and have to retrain myself to not reach for the non existent clutch lever, but it's still fun riding.
smile.png

Oh yea, pulled the nail and stuck a sticky string in there that night. I'm back to riding the best motorcycle in the world.

Great idea! I only had one when I started riding on a 1978 Suzuki GS750E back in the early 80's in Roswell, GA (although I was just as close to Marietta as Roswell).
I had a '79 GS750E. That was a fun bike!

1979_GS750E_sweeping_800.jpg
I had the 78 GS750 in a teal blue, and spoke wheels. It was fun, but i had an accident on it and replaced the tank, tail cowlings and decals with that black and gold. It still looked like new and ran great if you could tune the 4-Mikuni carburetors, and change the points. I loved that bike, but welcomed electronic ignitions and fuel injection. BTW, dual front disks, rear disk brake and other features on this inline 4-cyl 750 were totally a game changer, and it's easy to see why we ended up with FJRs. I ran mine with a windshield, but many used Vetter fairings.