What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plugged in the battery tender and stuffed it in a corner....afraid the approaching snow and accompanying salt and sand will end my season...was a good year to ride......ff

Rode it to an off-site work location about 30 minutes from the house. Am leaving in ten minutes (2 pm eastern) on a 90-minute route back to the house.

Rode to lunch. Left the house at 8AM, arrived at diner at 12:30.

Left the diner at 2 PM and it only took ~2 hours to get home by a more direct, but still no highways, route.

Put it away for Winter.
upset.gif
Been a fantastic year for riding. This 'global warming' is the cats meow! LOL

Snowing now. May be a loooong Winter.

Yesterday was excellent...400 miles of well needed twisty therapy in SEO, temps in the 70's. This morning not so much, sitting here looking outside at a rain snow mix, supposed to change to all snow later. Might be time to mount the snow tires on the cars...Fuuuuuuck!

Nothin Yet, but I plan on taking her out later on today as soon as I get some chores done around the house.
Dave
Same here, Dave. Gotta get the leaves up, then at the very least a ride to the gas station to fill the tank. Tomorrow looks like it may be the first snow of the year for New England.

Replaced the batteries in my wireless Heatroller when I realized my gloves weren't getting warm enough this morning at 37 degrees out. Oh, and rode more than 10 miles for the 181st consecutive day.

Yesterday was excellent...400 miles of well needed twisty therapy in SEO, temps in the 70's. This morning not so much, sitting here looking outside at a rain snow mix, supposed to change to all snow later. Might be time to mount the snow tires on the cars...Fuuuuuuck!
I did snow tires a couple weeks ago using my Harbor Freight / No-Mar fusion machine. We have seen lake effect snow here all day much farther south than normal. Football, beer and a warm fire. I glanced briefly at the FJR which is still ready to go, but I'm not.

I did snow tires a couple weeks ago using my Harbor Freight / No-Mar fusion machine. We have seen lake effect snow here all day much farther south than normal. Football, beer and a warm fire. I glanced briefly at the FJR which is still ready to go, but I'm not.
I've got the snow tires for both cars mounted on separate rims...Makes it much easier to swap them out.
But I did look at my bike today...JSNS

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got the bike washed today. I parked it on the 11th ending a 13 day/6180 mile ride. About 600 of those miles were in rain. Needless to say, the bike was a mess. I got the dirt off, but now I need to get all the little tar spots off the pipes and rear wheel. That will have to wait a bit longer before I can work up the motivation to tackle it.

Rode the 15 to work today. Mostly because the 08 most likely won't start when it gets in the 30's. It just barely starts when it's in the low 40's. Handgards on order and should arrive next week. Passenger floor boards will be installed Friday.

Dave

Over the past week or so, I have done the following:

1. Installed Oxford heated grips (morning temps in San Jose, CA dropped into the 40’s this week). These work great, even on the lowest setting.
  2. Installed Mirror extenders (SW Motech…. Essentially just spacers between the mirrors and their mount on fairing. Rear view improved but these are pricey…. FZ1 mirrors may be a better choice.
  3. Minor re-tighten of steering stem as I installed a set of tapered bearings a few mos ago (the last work I did on bike…. + a fork oil change).
  4. Oil and Filter change.. doing that today. Did 20 miles of freeway on the way home from work so it was nice and hot. I’ve got about 6K+ miles on current oil (Castrol 10w-40 semi-synth). Next up is Valvoline 10w-40 4T Full Synth MC oil… got it on sale a few mos back.
  5. Next up…. Need to start looking at tires. My PR3s have about 8K on them (all commuting) and the rear is getting a bit thin down the middle)

Regards,

Mr. BR

San Jose, CA

Finished painting my floorboards Black. Now I have to install them. Either tonight if the boss lets me get away with it or Friday.

Edit: No hassles from the wifey, done.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: