What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not shure ! I prefer SI units too(or ISO 80000-1:2009).

Anyway, today, I rode again my FJR to commute

Came home last night to find a box shipped from my Yamaha dealer...inside second warranty replacement saddlebag emblem complete, just for having the sticker fall off...ff

Is there anything more satisfying than the sound of your FJR after performing a service? Checked valves, replaced plugs, coolant, oil, filter, air filter, synchronized throttle bodies and detailed the bike as I reassembled everything.

Is there anything more satisfying than the sound of your FJR after performing a service? Checked valves, replaced plugs, coolant, oil, filter, air filter, synchronized throttle bodies and detailed the bike as I reassembled everything.
Sure there is.....the smile you have on your face after riding 50 miles of twisties and checking the tire wear.........happy thanksgiving.......ff

Well in a way...the one you replaced for me (the Avon) self destructed at 4200 miles and had to be replaced in Billings...all good, maybe next year we can take a ride together....enjoy the holidays...BTW .had a new T30GTEvo front installed about 2 weeks ago, put 1300 miles on it in NOVEMBER Minnesota weather (Amazing, right?) and returned from a ride to find little balls of rubber on it...not the tire's fault.......enjoy the holidays.......ff.

It wasn't today, but a few days ago. I bought a Givi tankbag on closeout for cheap, and also picked up a Cortech Dryver tank mount. Add in a cheap poly cutting board, and voila! A relatively inexpensive tank bag that won't scratch the paint:

The tank mount:

20161123_163153_zpshnbhjwf9.jpg

The bottom of the bag:

20161123_163158_zpsce27zjou.jpg

The bag itself has 3 different configurations:

20161123_163137_zps2c8zmzuf.jpg

20161123_163227_zps56vrlkrj.jpg

20161123_163742_zpsrbm8nkhm.jpg

No touchy the paint!

20161123_163142_zpszm2078pc.jpg

I may trim the corners of the cutting board that you can see sticking out, but it doesn't really bother me so far. My other bike in the background is the NC700X, which as a built in tank bag that I have sorely missed on the FJR so far. The extra 90hp has made up for that though
punk.gif

Took the 08 out for a ride and she just barely started up. It's been almost a couple of weeks since I used it. Went and saw my son and then I took a ride over to the Rehab center to see my mother in law. It was a nice day to ride and get out.

Dave