What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it to the gas station to fill it with premium gas for the long winter nap. (Premium gas doesn't contain ethyl alcohol here.)

Forgot to add the fuel stabilizer so will have to do that tomorrow and then run it long enough to distribute the stuff in the fuel system.

Waiting for late March...

Made the deposit on a new 2015 A today.
You say that so calmly. I remember how I felt when I put my deposit down, and calm would not be an accurate depiction.
wink.png

You're really going to like your new Gen 3!
the calm part, I'm faking it Fred.

You say that so calmly. I remember how I felt when I put my deposit down, and calm would not be an accurate depiction.
wink.png

Dammik, you may have your light brackets installed before I do. Working on the GPS mount next for mine. I road the 08 to work today and back home in the pooring rain and wind. Once again I don't have to wash it now. Mother nature takes care of that for me.

Dave

wink.png

Dammik, you may have your light brackets installed before I do. Working on the GPS mount next for mine. I road the 08 to work today and back home in the pooring rain and wind. Once again I don't have to wash it now. Mother nature takes care of that for me.

Dave
Rinse and repeat again today.

https://www.weatherstreet.com/weather-forecast/Acushnet-MA-02743.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Road the battleship grey bike to work today. The chinese hand guards came in yesterday and I will be installing them tonight.

Dave

Left it in the garage, used the wife's car to drive to a dentist, where I had my jaw drilled and built up with cow bone to take an implant. She wouldn't let me go on the bike. I think She made the right call.

My face is swollen (and will get worse by all accounts for the next two or three days), at least it can't make me any uglier.

I'm sat here holding an ice pack to my face, typing with one finger of one hand. My face aches now, and whenever I try to speak, all that comes out is "moo".

Picked up my Heli-bridge hardware yesterday. Met the owner and got a tour of the Heli shop. Great guy, professional business man, class outfit.

Hopefully will get the wrenches out later today.

The farkling continues....

Dave,

Their shop is in Cornish, ME. Pretty impressive. Lots of CNC machines, welding , powder coating equipment. Lots of in-process work. Very well organized. I had no idea aftermarket m/c handlebar hardware was so big.

I was there to drop off my FJ-09. They'll use that to develop some risers for that model to add to their catalog.

Russ

Bought a fresh can of brake fluid as I get ready for installation of Heli-Bridge and new speed bleeders. Didn't get to it though. Too many household chores.

Did work on my relay arm lubrication project though. Coming along good. Stay tuned.

You'll be surprised at how little bleeding it takes, Russ. I was. Most of my efforts at removing air from brake lines in the past have been long and tedious. This one was not, which changed my mind about the extension line's appearance (slightly). ;)

The wife got up to let the dog out this morning and I asked how the weather was outside. Nothing going on was the reply. So I got up and did the normal routine and prepared to ride the bike to work. Guess what? When I opened up the garage door these stupid little white things were falling from the sky. To late now screw it I am going. By the time I got to work the road and grass were covered with the stupid white stuff. Isn't it time for Fred to change his Avatar? I believe he has a winter one. Anyway we made it and now it has changed over to rain. Going to be a soggy ride home. I will say I apreciated the handgards I installed this weekend. Made quite a bit of difference and the hands stayed a lot warmer than usual. Today has been the coldest ride in sofar this year.

Dave