What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked a couple of hours from home this morning, Then went for a ride! Beautiful day here in the Seattle area. A little cold, but lots of pretty scenery. 225 miles

Route-1280.jpg

IMG_20170127_191901.JPG

IMG_20170127_191916.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thursday I picked up a 15ES from a forum member--RAJMT. I got back kinda late on Thursday, so not much got done until Friday.

First thing was wash and detail the whole bike. I removed the stock mufflers to get access to clean, lube, and inspect all the underside and rear area better. So much easier to clean this way. Mind you, all this took place in the garage with a propane heater going because it was 28 degrees out.

I changed windshields, started putting on various farkles from my 04. GPS, heavy bar ends, extra tool kit and tire repair kit. Swapped over a set of Delkavics. I just love the black carbon. Put on a Wynpro big foot. Had to do some filing on the kickstand because it had a glob of metal from the manufacture that wouldn't allow Dave's precise fit.

Started playing with the menus on the bike. Accidentally hit the horn around 12:30am. Dang that aftermarket ones are loud. More to come later, but at about 1:30 am I realized I was bushed. Started working on the bike at about 3pm, the time flew by. Started cleaning up the workbench, putting tools away and then wiped the bike down from all those dang fingerprints and drool marks.

Today, I am gonna mess with the Heli Bridge. My tank bag won't fit with them all the way back. Figure out the FOBO tire monitors. Get the garage door opener mounted. And I am sure I might actually try to run it down the block some. Since I only rode it 15 feet into the trailer so far.

I'm ashamed to say my FJR has been parked since late October. I pulled off the tupperware to re-do some of the electrical modifications installed by prior owners, and things were a lot worse than I initially thought. I'm in that "paralysis of analysis" phase, wondering if I should rip everything out and do properly, or button it all back up and call it a day. I have other bikes, though, so I've been able to ride. Just not ride Elvira.. and I miss her so....

Rode it to work this morning. No CEL since cleaning out the vacuum hoses to the intake pressure sensor even though I found no obstructions. This makes day 255 consecutive riding. I know I've got a long way to go with Feb. and Mar. but am hopefully optimistic in my quest for a "perfect year".

Took off GEN III side plastics for the first time...
omg2.gif

Once the jig-saw puzzle was disassembled, flushed the clutch and brake fluid and changed coolant. Ready for summer if it ever gets here!

--G

Took the 15 out today. Found a new road, short 20 mile, twisty,roller coaster, fun.

It's been raining off and on here in the S.F. bay area for the past several weeks and that is a God given great thing. I went into the garage and uncovered the beast and promised her I would take her out as soon as we get a sunny dry day!!!

Took off GEN III side plastics for the first time...
omg2.gif

Once the jig-saw puzzle was disassembled, ...

--G
It is a crazy system, isn't it? Every time I've taken them off I wondered how many cycles there are in those plastic tabs. I'm trying to not go in there too often for that reason. The old 1st Gen was a piece of cake in comparison.