What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wiped the top layer of winter grime off to get ready and put a fresh layer back on riding to work this afternoon.

Already scoped a path out the driveway to avoid the snow.

Scoped out some new flaked/dull spots on various hardware from all the salt, and again failed miserably in being concerned about it. Am afraid the stainless exhaust is gonna need a little extra loving come spring though...

Talked to Seth Laam for about a half hour as he was preparing to make my seats. He asked a lot of good questions and we had a productive conversation (I think). Seats will be in MA next week.
Now is a great time to be getting custom seats done. Bikes won't be out of hibernation for at least another 6 weeks, maybe longer. ;)

Bought it a garage mate, a 2016 Honda F6B Deluxe....
IMG_0301_zps8ecqs7re.jpg
Nothing wrong with fat girls, Dave

Is that a sofa couch on two wheels???
bike.gif

Took the 08 and 15 into the shop today. Switching out the forks and shock. The Penske and the Traxxion Dynamics AK 20s are going on the 15. Bonus he will let me watch,but he will charge extra if I help.

I won't charge you anything to take the POS 08 off your hands.
rolleyes.gif
Just trying to help you out.

I won't charge you anything to take the POS 08 off your hands. :rolleyes: Just trying to help you out.
Watch this space may be a 08 for sale soon with less than 2,000 miles on the suspension. :coolsmiley02:
Whatever you do airboss, don't ride the '08 with fresh suspenders. I made that mistake after swapping my GP/Penske package from my previous '09 to the new (to me) '15. I swear that '09 was the smoothest riding machine I've ever sampled. I could have easily made the case to keep it...

--G

Lost 1 headlight adjustment screw and one mirror bolt deep in the annals of the cavernous Gen3 cowling. I ripped a whole bunch of crap out of the way and still couldn't find them. To many nooks and cranny's in the Gen3 design. On the Gen2 the shit would just fall through to the floor where I could find it. Oh the engineers that came up with this design. Really? "KISS"

Dammik!!!!! Another good reason to keep the Gen2.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't charge you anything to take the POS 08 off your hands.
rolleyes.gif
Just trying to help you out.
Watch this space may be a 08 for sale soon with less than 2,000 miles on the suspension.
coolsmiley02.gif
Whatever you do airboss, don't ride the '08 with fresh suspenders. I made that mistake after swapping my GP/Penske package from my previous '09 to the new (to me) '15. I swear that '09 was the smoothest riding machine I've ever sampled. I could have easily made the case to keep it...
--G
I will say the stock suspension on the 15A is a huge improvement over prior years and I did debate over the swap for a bit. However I knew it would happen sooner or later.

Picked up a set of Dunlop Roadsmart lll to add to my growing pile of goodies to install in the next few weeks. Looking forward to racking up some serious mileage very soon.

4K service completed. Steering head clunk is gone and it seems the right grip buzziness is greatly reduced, almost gone. Not sure if the TBS or the steering head adjustment, or both, is responsible, but the difference is significant.

replaced the screw on the brake and clutch reservoir cap with allen type, the original phillips screw head is too easy to strip-damage

total cost 25 cents of euro..never been soo happy for ten minutes

WP_20170213_11_10_14_Pro_zpsa0tpmqrc.jpg

WP_20170213_11_11_33_Pro_zpsuo4nwypp.jpg

replaced the screw on the brake and clutch reservoir cap with allen type, the original phillips screw head is too easy to strip-damage
total cost 25 cents of euro..never been soo happy for ten minutes

Nothing wrong with your changing the screws, but your initial problem is that the screws are not Philips, they're the Japanese JAS JIS standard. The screwdriver provided in your tool kit fits the (undamaged) screw perfectly, and lets you use as much torque as your grip on the handle allows, without damage.
This applies to any cross-headed screws you find.

(Click on image for larger view)

[Edited to correct my error, thanks Fred W]

Last edited by a moderator: