What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode to work and rode home today to a rambunctious seventeen month old toddler. Life is interesting...little boy blue and the man on the moon...

Me Also, well not 246 days in a row anyway.

I tore the 2008 further apart this weekend. I installed the new battery. The only thing that helped was to make the ABS light flash faster. I managed to remove the rear sending unit but have yet to install the new one. Soon I hope. The garage is getting colder and I am to cheap to turn on the heat.

Dave

Rode it to work again...
punk.gif

Rode in to work today, hopefully get a few more before the first road salt of the season appears. 34 degrees coming in but gonna be in the 50's going home. Nice fall weather for Thanksgiving week.

Just changed my front tire today and had the easiest time removing old tire from rim and putting the new one on. First time I was able to push the first bead on the rim using just my hands. I did fight with the brake calipers getting them off and back on. Changed the rear last week. Got just over 11,000 on rear and close to 12,000 on front with Dunlop Roadsmart III. About 1/2 was interstates going to coast to coast and back. The rest were back roads.

Installed the new ABS sensor yesterday on the 2008 bike. POS still doesn't start. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Cleaned it all up and put it back together for now. Moving on to do some more work on the 2015.

Dave

I dont think its right for me to post that I rode to work since I have it pretty easy and do it every day BUT, today it was 92 degrees on the ride home #firstWorldProblems

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked mine up from a valve check, tb sync, plug replacement. Plugs looked new. All valves were in spec, though one was on the loose side and was adjusted. Throttle bodies were almost primo even before adjustment. Just over 62,000 miles.

Wished it were here instead of in Memphis. With the KLR on the bench awaiting a new piston and cylinder I'm bikeless. It was 70F here todayvand no sand on the roads, lots of bikes out and about!

I was hoping to wire in the new lights but other chores needed to get done.

1) Make a hitch plate for the lawn mower to tow the trailer around.

2) Replaced the rotor on the F350. Almost turned into a shit show but I managed to hack in a fix. The backing plates are rusting out. Hope to get through the winter.

3) Smoked a pork butt on the Oklahoma Joe

4) Picked up branches and mowed the lawn at the in-laws house.

That was enough and I lost all energy to work on the bike.

Today was a vacation day for me. LOL

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: