What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Ditto. Had to turn the heated gear up a notch this morning, 27 degrees on my way in but expected to top out close to 60 this afternoon.

Not today but on Thanksgiving since I was invited to the Bro in-law's for dinner took the bike and put her up for the winter in his garage plugged her into the tender.
weirdsmiley.gif

Day 2 in the books, not so balmy today. I wired up the new cheapo LED lights and they are exactly what I wanted. They seem to light up the first 100 feet in a wider pattern. No one flashed me on the way into work so they aren't bright enough to piss people off. I bought these lights mostly for visibility during the daytime hours. They are wired to stay on all the time.

Life is good,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Helmet shopping for family infant. Note my eyeglass case for size comparison. Saw this scaled version at Street Cycles BMW where I was placing an order for new RF1200. Second pic of today's ride is of the "Polar Express" train at Maine Narrow Gauge Railway Museum. Packed with families all bundled up, and I'm outside taking pics, in what is still m/c weather (39).
20171202_152601-XL.jpg
20171202_155505-XL.jpg

Bemoaned the fact that I can be a stoopid twat even after one beer, especially when I mis-judge how far the bike ALWAYS moves back when put on center stand and consequently punch a hole through the taillight with the right-hand turn signal light as fitted to the Matchless.

Matchless turn signal light, fine.........FJR tailight lens costing ten times as much.......fubar.

Moral, don’t drink and attempt to maneuver even a non running bike.

Rode to Kansas City and drove around for awhile. Very Nice day. Got home at Sunset, it is great to go on a road trip in December.

Rode to work again. 23 degrees was the lowest temp I saw. Day 260 consecutive, supposed to get cold towards the end of the week.

Wished it were here yesterday

but with the two-foot drift in the driveway this morning,

I'm glad it is not as it blocks the snow blower when parked in the garage.
sadsmiley.gif

bigjohnsd posted: Wished it were here yesterday but with the two-foot drift in the driveway this morning, I'm glad it is not as it blocks the snow blower when parked in the garage.
sadsmiley.gif
Sympathy for bigjohnsd? No.
nono.gif
When summer returns, he's in some of the best moto-terrain in North America.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fitted the new Givi V56, and compared next to the V47.

No riding as the roads were iced with a salty slush. It seems that DOT is only slopping down chemicals as I did not see any pushed snow on a 20+ mile commute in this morning.

They must have learned from my state. First you put down all the chemicals and then come back and plow it all off. Back in the old days it was done the other way around.

Just like today they are going back to the old ways of farming. They have depleted the soil so much the fertilizers are not enough to grow good crops anymore.

Dave

Parked the bike today. A 30 lb. bag of dogfood will not fit in the cases. Besides it was still raining quite heavily.

Dave