What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just rode the FJR a bit, but refurbished the interior of my 3 year old HJC CL-15 helmet, new liner, new cheek pads, and chin curtain. It was getting sloppy side to side and very noisy, even with ear plugs in place. When new, it came with 17mm cheek pads, I replaced them with 25mm pads and hope it will aid in making the helmet quieter, sure feels more secure. So I get the feel of a new helmet for $24.

I've been trying on modular helmets whenever I can, but it seems like they all put too much pressure on my forehead, instant headache. Maybe next year. I've heard 4 years is about all you want to keep a helmet. Not sure why.

Put the jumbo barn door Rifle windshield on in preparation for some slightly cool morning temps on the Covered Bridges ride tomorrow.

Temps are projected to drop below freezing tonight, and only be in the mid 30's at 9AM for kickstands-up in Hancock, NH. :cold:

Rode to Hollister for new Corbin saddles. Nice! 2hrs home. Been 12 yrs since I've been to Corbin.... Looks the same!
Last time I was to Hollister, I followed a WingDinger there ;)

...coming up on Airport Road...or whatever it is from the southeast...fun riding day. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dad took it for a shakedown run this morning. Success! He was so pleased that he did in fact let me wash it. Then I put a coat of Yamaha Polish and Detailer on it. He rode it home and will start packing it for our 10 day trip to the Smokies.

Take note of him drinking coffee and giving directions:

IMG_6240.jpg
">
What seat is that on his bike ??
In English, Top Saddlery. It is made in France, it is really a Top Sellerie. Looks great doesn't it?

I put a peg lowering kit on my '04 today....

Now the pegs drag all the time.

What can I do?

:assassin:
Ride Interstates like FJRay said and quit whining like a little pussy about it.

That's what you can do.

Or you can ask more "asked and answered" questions just for fun. :clapping:

Replaced the stator and R/R and while I was in there I changed the spark plugs and air filter that were due to be done.

Got it all back together and cleaned her up for a ride tomorrow. Busy Day!!

Put on a set of reflective decals, so the cage won't be able to say; oh I didn't see you... Well they will say that anyway, but hope dies last, isn't it? :p

8090515433_9f3f6cf277.jpg

8090519796_1169893afd.jpg

Oh and here's a pic from my Rich's seat.....

8090615325_3d809be408.jpg

Next in line..... Suspension mods, Hid's running lights and whatever missy (my wife) lets me ;)

Went for a great ride out in the countryside in the not-too-humid beautiful sunshine. Stopped to watch some good old cricket being played and met some good guys.

Had the first and unplanned opportunity to experience the ABS operating when I needed to haul up rapidly at one point.

An interesting event,seems to work well though.

Let's see: 1. changed the oil and filter.

2. bought a 19 mm hex socket to facilitate removal of front axle.

3. finally assemble the tire changer with motorcycle wheel adapter that I bought 6 years ago. Somewhere along the road I lost the instructions,so when I put it together I had a piece left over. :banghead:

4. ordered a set of tires, should arrive tomorrow, then the fun will really begin.

Received and installed a set of NOJ Fork Protectors. Bought (black ones) from the fleaBay auction in that link, received in two days. :thumbsup:

2a26_1.JPG

They are just a pair of neoprene sleeves with a felt or fleece-like lining, and install with a strip of velcro. I got them after I removed my fork brace, which had the dust shield built into it, because I didn't want to have to yank the forks off just to slip a dust shield on top of the sliders. These may actually be a better thing anyway as they protect the inner fork tube all the way around and significantly higher up than the OEM hard shields do.

I want them mostly to prevent dings in the tubes, but also to try and keep the road spooge out of the seals. Pretty easy to put on and take off and you can wash them when they get ultra grody.

Today I stopped at the local tuck stop for bike goodies. I got a pair of 2" round blind spot mirrors. I have wanted to try these every since I followed an Atl PD bike thru traffic. He weaved, He bobbed. He never turned his head.

Also I got signed up for a long weekend off work. Twisty roads are calling my name.

Today I posted on the fjr forum since....since....I can't remember when I last posted. Oh, I put a new front tire on the ol' skoot and realized I probably need new front rotors and brake pads.....how many miles you old guys get out of them front rotors, by the way? 05 only has 61 thousand miles on it since new. Front fork seals probably have leaked all the oil out of them(oh well).

I also bought a half shell helmet today...won't explain why to y'all. Hope y'all are doing ok.....

except for bustanut......he's a douchebag.