What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or you can....

....or you can feed him some sliders..........
Fifteen yards for illegal non sequitur re-use of hamburger photos!!

ref_flag.jpg

Last Saturday actually but took a little ride toward SE NC before Sandy hit and ended up here

JonesLakeSP.jpg

Other than the wind and minor drizzle it was a fine 240 mile ride. Not even enough to put on rain gear.

Today I changed the engine oil and filter.

I rode to work today and thought about posting pics of hamburgers on the forum.

Today I posted on the fjr forum since....since....I can't remember when I last posted. Oh, I put a new front tire on the ol' skoot and realized I probably need new front rotors and brake pads.....how many miles you old guys get out of them front rotors, by the way? 05 only has 61 thousand miles on it since new. Front fork seals probably have leaked all the oil out of them(oh well).

I also bought a half shell helmet today...won't explain why to y'all. Hope y'all are doing ok.....

except for bustanut......he's a douchebag.
Half shell for a half wit??? or, are ya making a new pith helmet again?? That was a stoke of pure genius jackhole! Fuk I should have shared that story :lol:

Nah, It's for da sportster i'd bet.

Where did you put that torn apart fuker? I know damned well Lyd wasn't about to put up with the engine and trans on the dinning room table. ;)

I needed to go order a part for the FJR so I got the bike out before this stuff shows up on my doorstep .....

IMG_0417-L.jpg

I needed the plastic holder for the rod that attaches to the headlight adjuster knob because some ham fisted twit (me) got the nut cross-threaded and then proceeded to break off some of the threaded section trying to take it apart. I know my description of the part will confuse Bust so I drew him a picture ....

headlight%20adjuster-XL.jpg

The ride up to the dealer would have been a little nippy but I cheated and plugged in my old Webber Electric Vest & Chaps that I had on under my leathers. By the time I got to the dealer the display on the bike was showing 1oC which for the metrically challenged means approximately 34oF.

I also noticed one of my headlights has burned out. I am now deciding what will be easier. Go to Crappy Tire and buy some new bulbs and spend the rest of the winter trying to get my fat, pudgy fingers in there to change the bulb or just order a new Gen III.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh geeze!! 'Fitter in electrical assless chaps? Please do not post any photo evidence of this occurrence. Otherwise the intarwebs may have an outage that makes the one on Long Island look tame.

I took 7/8" out of the height of the bike buy installing a shorter suspension link. Lowered the front suspension also. The bike is now better for my 30" inseam. Still not flat footed at the stoplights, but not tippy-toe now. The bike handles far more quickly and seems twitchy to me. I am sure I will get used to it, but I do like the feel overall. Less big tour bike and more like my Kawasaki H2 750 of past years. Ha! No, not really. Nothing feels as twitchy as a H2.

Oh geeze!! 'Fitter in electrical assless chaps? Please do not post any photo evidence of this occurrence. Otherwise the intarwebs may have an outage that makes the one on Long Island look tame.
Don't panic Fred, I highlighted the part for those that lack reading skills .....

The ride up to the dealer would have been a little nippy but I cheated and plugged in my old Webber Electric Vest & Chaps that I had on under my leathers.
I will leave it to Dennis Leary to explain underwear to you Fred .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSKL13tCb50

Last edited by a moderator:
I needed the plastic holder for the rod that attaches to the headlight adjuster knob because some ham fisted twit (me) got the nut cross-threaded and then proceeded to break off some of the threaded section trying to take it apart. I know my description of the part will confuse Bust so I drew him a picture ....

headlight%20adjuster-XL.jpg

The ride up to the dealer would have been a little nippy but I cheated and plugged in my old Webber Electric Vest & Chaps that I had on under my leathers. By the time I got to the dealer the display on the bike was showing 1oC which for the metrically challenged means approximately 34oF.

I also noticed one of my headlights has burned out. I am now deciding what will be easier. Go to Crappy Tire and buy some new bulbs and spend the rest of the winter trying to get my fat, pudgy fingers in there to change the bulb or just order a new Gen III.
I broke that piece too - last time I had the panels out. I think I over-tightened it. I haven't replaced it yet. I got 70,000 miles out of the OEM headlights but one blew this year. I managed to change both with my less-than-dainty paws but it took a couple of weeks for the torn skin to heal on the backs of my hands. No Gen III in my near future unless the lottery comes in.

Chaps, by definition are assless. If they were not, they would be pants. But I do agree about not posting photos. Visions of the Biker Guy from the Village People singing YMCA are spinning in my mind right now and it is making me sick.