What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I continue to be amazed at the mileage some get out of the tires.....14,000 really? It would take at least 4 tires for me to get to 14,000 mi!

;) too funny, couldn't resist no longer and bought for my FeeJay that TechSpec set.. Apart from it I washable to secure the last dash shelf for a GenII and the Valentine One casing (for me the best detector on da market)

V

RPK

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave her a good bath (everybody says she was a dirty girl!) and a complete wax job - not just a bikini wax. Rode her around town for some errands and bought her an oil filter. Was going to take her for a longer ride, but the freeway was backed up due a wreck. Come on, tomorrow!

The weather has turned warm and its mesh gear time

Rode her to work this morning....was 36 degrees. Sat on her an had a couple of smokes before going to clock in.

WHEW!!!! Thanks for posting up Odie! Three agonizing days wondering if you'd had a smoke.
weirdsmiley.gif
Granted I've been gone for two, the worry was always in the back of me mind.

Ride on brother.. Ride on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, guy.....I just had a couple more smokes over lunch time sitting on ol' jackie-O.

One of these days you're going to have to leave it Joe.. Living in that snow belt.

You know how it can turn to shit in half an hour
tonguesmiley.gif

New PR3 on the rear, cleaned and lubed driveshaft splines and installed VStream windshield, then of course went for a ride.

Got a call from GP Suspensions and talked about spring rates for the front forks. We also discussed recommended settings for my Wilbers shock. I sent them my Wilbers shock as part of the group buy and my re-built shock and new fork springs should be shipped back to me next week. I'm very interested to see what they will recommend as far as compression and rebound settings on the shock.

Lets see -
tires

brakes

rebuild front calipers

lube everything

replace throttle cable and brake lines

rebuild fork - seals, bushings, etc

valves, plugs, coolant

rear pivot and steering bearings.

arghhhh. But this is the first real service other than fluids and tires since new - now at 36K

Ok, you got me. So why............

- rebuild the front calipers?

- replace throttle cable and brake lines?
Shop says front caliper frozen and they need some rebuild. Its what I get for riding in the winter with wet Mg salt on the roads I guess. Or they are lying to me. Either way.

I picked up my bike from first service, and the dealer put the new license plate on upside down lol.... So I fixed that. I later dialed in the suspension, adjusted the lights, and wiped the windshield down with Plexus. I also installed the heat troller for my heated jacket liner and made the mistake of taking the rubber plug out of the bottom of the storage compartment. It took 5 minutes for me to reseat it into the hole. Oh yea, I fired up the air compressor and knocked off minor dust from the swing arm and suspension linkage. I then spent about an hour with a flashlight looking into all the nooks and cranies. It was a good day.