What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh...it's a salty mess at this point...maybe I'll wash it tomorrow...maybe not...Rats Rule!!!
I don't know what they use over there, but in the PNW they use a liquid deicer and that shit screws up the bike, it corrodes the metal and my brake pads got stuck to the disc so bad I thought it was in gear.

Mounted the new Cee Bailey windscreen that arrived this week. Hoping to go for a quick spin to try it out, before my son's birthday party in a few hours. Otherwise, looks like it may be a while before I see 40F again.

Oh...it's a salty mess at this point...maybe I'll wash it tomorrow...maybe not...Rats Rule!!!
I don't know what they use over there, but in the PNW they use a liquid deicer and that shit screws up the bike, it corrodes the metal and my brake pads got stuck to the disc so bad I thought it was in gear.
I know a couple of fellows who ride BMW K12/1300GTs. The radiator is mounted low behind the rear tire because there is no place else to put it do to forward engine tilt for design considerations.

At about 30k miles the radiator is so gunked up due the the evil liquid deicer it has to be removed and cleaned at a shop.

One fellow mulled over the possibility of having a spare radiator on hand. He figured he could swap them out and take the old one in to a radiator shop saving a trip to the BMW dealer.

Of course some don't know this and leading up to and discovery can be interesting and expensive. As the engine begins to overheat the BMW electrical system starts going all crazy leaving the rider confused. The expensive part is taking the beast to the BMW shop.

The front fender on the BMW didn't really help matters either. It is kind short on the aft side.

It is has been cold and foggy in Seattle for a week. Slippery roads everywhere. My FJR is waiting on the tender.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disabled the windshield auto-retract - i posted a pic of the connection for my 2012 in tech discussions as i couldn't find a recent year fjr gen ii pic anywhere and thought it might help someone else

Clear, warm & sunny all day. But I had chores to catch up on, so no ride today.

About half an hour before sunset I went down and treated Lucille to her first California oil change: Oil (Rotella T 15w40) & filter (OEM Yamaha) @ 63,992 miles.

Only got a few drops of oil on the aluminum foil, so I wiped it off and put it in the drawer for next time.

Final drive oil change on the to-do list for Monday, air filter in a week or two.

I laid possibly the last hand (except for assisting on the trailer for her change of ownership) today..

Pretty silly how we attach ourselves to a hunk of materials dug up via nothing to do with the end result...

Working on a video montage.. I'm a sensitive fuk ya know..............

Flushed the brakes and clutch fluid. Install my new hyperlites (brake and running) and finished the with a BRAND NEW RUSSELL DAY LONG SEAT!!!!!!

I'll install the freeway blasters the next time the garage gets warm.

Flushed the brakes and clutch fluid. Install my new hyperlites (brake and running) and finished the with a BRAND NEW RUSSELL DAY LONG SEAT!!!!!! I'll install the freeway blasters the next time the garage gets warm.
Congrats on the Russell. You will never buy a seat from another vendor again. I have had 4 different bikes since the 1980's and all of them had Russell's.

I laid possibly the last hand (except for assisting on the trailer for her change of ownership) today..
Pretty silly how we attach ourselves to a hunk of materials dug up via nothing to do with the end result...

Working on a video montage.. I'm a sensitive fuk ya know..............
You know it's just plastic and metal, but it still is a pasage. Kinda hard to let go. It's amazing how it affects us. Wimmin will never understand.

Dropped the little screwdriver I use on my GPS mount. The little bas*ard dropped underneath the gas tank! Of course, I didn't know this, and spent an hour looking elsewhere, before pulling the tank and finding it sitting on top of the insulating foil.

Rode ol' Jackie-O to work this morning. Was 49 degrees. Had a couple of smokes on her while I waiting to clock in for work.

.. I'm a sensitive fuk ya know..............
Yeah.

I know.
friends.gif