What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
almost there
DSCN0296_zpsf5fd62e5.jpg
Man!

This project is looking great!

You should have posted the link to your build thread at https://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858933&highlight=smuggler

oops, there went that paste button again ;)

Rode it 15 feet to the trailer, strapped her down and took one last dump in the tank... 0500 tomorrow I'll be taking her to her new home.

Might even have time to stop and see Tom in Ca in Pa....

Hey, when you get to PA......take a dump for me. I never really liked crosby or malkin....even though they are both pretty bad ass dudes.

Finally a break in the rain, I rode to work today!

I wont say it was a bit cold,

I WILL say that by next winter I plan to have heated gear!

made the 1392 mile round trip to deliver her to her new owner... Horrid weather starting out and equally shitty traffic the first 100 miles made for a longish day. 23.5 hours I still have time for a bbg Don't I?

Hey Junior, which led's did you use, the 100* neo3's or the 120* neo3hp's? I bought both in blue and white. After modifying with sandpaper and shortening them, I went with the 100* neo3's in white. The sanding all but eliminated hot spots. HP's were too bright. I also used neo5's in the turn signal indicators. I won't be forgetting to shut those off now. Also put the neo3's in the warning lights, very bright. I put a stock lamp in the high beam indicator, don't want it too bright at night.

Oh yeah, to stay on topic, I installed led's in my dash. Sat on the bike, made engine noises, then pretended to have a couple smokes(I don't smoke) before going back in the house.

Hey Junior, which led's did you use, the 100* neo3's or the 120* neo3hp's? I bought both in blue and white. After modifying with sandpaper and shortening them, I went with the 100* neo3's in white. The sanding all but eliminated hot spots. HP's were too bright. I also used neo5's in the turn signal indicators. I won't be forgetting to shut those off now. Also put the neo3's in the warning lights, very bright. I put a stock lamp in the high beam indicator, don't want it too bright at night.
Oh yeah, to stay on topic, I installed led's in my dash. Sat on the bike, made engine noises, then pretended to have a couple smokes(I don't smoke) before going back in the house.
I used the 6 lumen 120 degree neo 3. I was going for brighter and it seemed to work great. Had ordered an extra and put in the nuetral light, didn't want any of the others any brighter.

Had a day of giving me a long weekend & no excuses but to start getting the old girl put back together

Put the tank on & she fired up first time after sitting the for 6 weeks wating to get her new paintjob.

Ghanged the oil & coolant.

The old back gave way so the cowlings will go on tommorow & all pgoing ermiting well we will ride

I do have a question being new to the FJR , how long or a what indicated temppreture level do the fans come

on.

I have only heard them after a 10k ride & they do not stay on for long, your knowledge would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

from

Downunder

Last edited by a moderator:
Took the battery tender off the FJR and plugged in the Duc.

Please make it Stop.

Local WeatherPROVIDED BY iMap

Watches, warnings and advisoriesWinter Weather AdvisoryBack to local forecast

• National Weather Service
  • Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:33 PM Local Time
ILZ027gt;031-037-038-221200- /O.CON.KILX.WW.Y.0002.000000T0000Z-130222T1800Z/ KNOX-STARK-PEORIA-MARSHALL-WOODFORD-TAZEWELL-MCLEAN- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...GALESBURG...PEORIA...BLOOMINGTON... NORMAL 1133 PM CST THU FEB 21 2013 ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST FRIDAY... A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST FRIDAY. * TIMING...SNOW WILL DIMINISH OVERNIGHT AND BECOME MIXED WITH FREEZING RAIN. THIS MIX OF WINTERY PRECIPITATION WILL CONTINUE INTO THE MORNING HOURS. * ACCUMULATIONS...ANY ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATION WILL BE MINOR OVERNIGHT. HOWEVER...LIGHT ICING ACCUMULATIONS OF AROUND ONE TENTH OF AN INCH ARE POSSIBLE BY MORNING. * IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE OVERNIGHT. EXPECT UNTREATED ROADWAYS TO BE SNOW COVERED AND ICY. THE HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE INTO THE MORNING HOURS. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING

I do have a question being new to the FJR , how long or a what indicated temppreture level do the fans comeon.

I have only heard them after a 10k ride & they do not stay on for long, your knowledge would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

from

Downunder
Not sure what temperature the fans come on but I find they rarely come on except when idling in traffic on a hot day. Essentially never while riding anything over 50 km/hr. If you want to test to make sure they are working, put the bike in neutral and let it idle on the sidestand for 10 minutes or so. If fairly warm out, they will come on. You can also test them via the diagnostic screen to make sure the fans and relay work. That wont help if there is a problem with the temperature sensor.

Had a day of giving me a long weekend & no excuses but to start getting the old girl put back together
Put the tank on & she fired up first time after sitting the for 6 weeks waiting to get her new paint job.

Ghanged the oil & coolant.

The old back gave way so the cowlings will go on tommorow & all pgoing ermiting well we will ride

I do have a question being new to the FJR , how long or a what indicated temppreture level do the fans come

on.

Cheers

from

Downunder
In my second season I thought the fans were having a problem. I thought in the previous season they were coming on at about 4 bars. After checking everything simple (fuses etc.) I couldn't find any problem. I began calling dealers to see if I could get a quick check but all were very busy and would not accommodate me until I found one who actually helped me over the phone. Seems the tech there also had an FJR and told me the running temp was upwards of 200* F and asked if I was waiting long enough for the fans to come on. I told him I would try it and get back to him before coming in for service. I started her up and waited what seemed like forever. Finally at about 6 or 7 bar the fans came on. Problem solved. Just my impatience and faulty memory.
uhoh.gif
That dealer is also now where I go for any thing I'm not doing myself even though there are others closer.
punk.gif

Rode Jackie-O to work this morning. Was 38 degrees outside. Had a couple of smokes on her whilst waiting to go through the turnstyle. Was chillier then I thought it would be.

Took the battery tender off the FJR and plugged in the Duc.

Please make it Stop.

Local WeatherPROVIDED BY iMap

Watches, warnings and advisoriesWinter Weather AdvisoryBack to local forecast

• National Weather Service
  • Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:33 PM Local Time
ILZ027gt;031-037-038-221200- /O.CON.KILX.WW.Y.0002.000000T0000Z-130222T1800Z/ KNOX-STARK-PEORIA-MARSHALL-WOODFORD-TAZEWELL-MCLEAN- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...GALESBURG...PEORIA...BLOOMINGTON... NORMAL 1133 PM CST THU FEB 21 2013 ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST FRIDAY... A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST FRIDAY. * TIMING...SNOW WILL DIMINISH OVERNIGHT AND BECOME MIXED WITH FREEZING RAIN. THIS MIX OF WINTERY PRECIPITATION WILL CONTINUE INTO THE MORNING HOURS. * ACCUMULATIONS...ANY ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATION WILL BE MINOR OVERNIGHT. HOWEVER...LIGHT ICING ACCUMULATIONS OF AROUND ONE TENTH OF AN INCH ARE POSSIBLE BY MORNING. * IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE OVERNIGHT. EXPECT UNTREATED ROADWAYS TO BE SNOW COVERED AND ICY. THE HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE INTO THE MORNING HOURS. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING
Keep it up with the Vulgar BS Karl...
drag.gif

I should report you for this.