What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ride-ed mine (FJR) fo' the ferst time this here yaer.
hyper.gif

Temps were in the mid to upper 30's, but the roads were dry, if a bit salt encrusted, and the sun felt wicked good.

Made an afternoon ride out for the coast and grabbed an ADV tag, then took my time getting on back. She ran wonderfully, as ever. But after a whole winter of riding exclusively on the ManStrom, the sheer girth of the big girl was more evident than ever.

By the by... Here's my dropped tag (can you figure it out?):

100_3884.jpg

(it's not that tough. After all, it's winter here!)

"Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round" -- Queen

Last edited by a moderator:
My CAL SCI "Shorty" tinted screen arrived today and I put it on. Going on about a 400 mile ride tomorrow, Fillmore/Ojai/Hiway 33/166/Lockwood Valley.
Not a perfect fit, holes were a little off and the "W" frame on the outside won't stay in one of the holes, pops out. Not a big deal I guess but I'd expect it to fit.

QUESTION for the collective.

New screen doesn't come with a gasket and I can't get the OEM off without ruining it, how essential is it to have that gasket there??
Just installed the same screen, no gasket either. The only issue is an occasional whistle @ half up. I will be getting some camper shell insulation tape at local hardware store it fix eventually. 1/4" thick by 1 1/2" wide. Be creative

Yesterday -- Rode about 150 miles round trip to our local second Thursday meet up and eat ....Shakedown for new to me Rifle windscreen....I like it,, wife likes it..Found a few new roads with twisties and sweepers.....All is Good

Installed Penske 8983. (What a b*h getting the OEM shock removed! 49 ft-lbs my a$$! Also, had to temporarily remove a couple of hydraulic hose stays that were in the way of the upper shock bolt head) Installation was fairly straight forward.

Yesterday installed a fuzeblock, and the PCV/Autotune combo. Had to grind a bit of metal off the lower right lower fairing mount, as it interfered with the longer wide-band O2 sensor.

Can't wait to ride. It was 18C here today!
coolsmiley02.gif

My CAL SCI "Shorty" tinted screen arrived today and I put it on. Going on about a 400 mile ride tomorrow, Fillmore/Ojai/Hiway 33/166/Lockwood Valley.

Not a perfect fit, holes were a little off and the "W" frame on the outside won't stay in one of the holes, pops out. Not a big deal I guess but I'd expect it to fit.

New screen doesn't come with a gasket and I can't get the OEM off without ruining it, how essential is it to have that gasket there??
Just installed the same screen, no gasket either. The only issue is an occasional whistle @ half up. I will be getting some camper shell insulation tape at local hardware store it fix eventually. 1/4" thick by 1 1/2" wide. Be creative
Well, I ordered the gasket from the local dealer, only $5.99.

bout My CAL SCI "Shorty" tinted screen arrived today and I put it on. Going on about a 400 mile ride tomorrow, Fillmore/Ojai/Hiway 33/166/Lockwood Valley.

you can get the part from https://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2008/FJR+1300A+-+FJR13AXB/COWLING+1/parts.html

Cost $2.50

Replaced bearings in the shock relay arm, disassembled, cleaned and reassembled the swing arm. After 117K miles on the bike I finally got around to doing this stuff. Other than the middle set of bearings in the relay arm (rusted solid and had to be ground out to remove) everything else looked pretty good. So now after greasing it all aplenty, I'll be good for another couple of years. I don't think it's something I'll have to concern myself with as annual maintenance.

Rebuilt the front calipers earlier this winter and got the tubberware fixed and repainted. Hoping to post a pic here in a couple weeks.

Went for a ride around the lake , beautifimoussss here today.......
smile.png

Did sync carbs and replace points on the XK 120 late this evening.....My last old Jag ,Bitch is going to China this fall.............

I put on a new pair of Grip Puppies.

I have Grip Puppies on my holiday list every year (and my wife always comes through...) but like to wait until most of the SoCal rainy season is over before I put them on. Today was that day.

Nothing.. Not sure what the new owner did.Maybe worried about something trivial?

I did move the wing outside while i swept out the garage though.

Let the asshat in the BMW pass me on the dark twisty road then giggled with glee when he hit the forest rat, not me. Karma.

bout My CAL SCI "Shorty" tinted screen arrived today and I put it on. Going on about a 400 mile ride tomorrow, Fillmore/Ojai/Hiway 33/166/Lockwood Valley.

you can get the part from https://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2008/FJR+1300A+-+FJR13AXB/COWLING+1/parts.html

Cost $2.50
Thanks but I already ordered it from the dealer.

Thanks for that link though never ordered from that site before.

I need some exhaust gaskets for the pipe, (2) dealer wants $18.00 each for them that site has them for $11.88 each,

Rode 440 miles today.

From my house to Santa Paula (150 miles) to meet a few guys and we rode through OJAI and did the 33, man I LOVE that road!!

Stopped in Ventucopa at THE PLACE and ate lunch then rode the 33 back to the 150 to the 101 to Newbury Park to a friends house for a short break then 140 miles home....I'll sleep good tonight!!!