What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Removed my Zumo 550 and installed the Zumo 390. Also installed a RAM X-grip mount for my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
While waiting for the red to cure, so I can tape for the next color band, I messed around with a 360 sphere photo. It's pretty poorly stitched and badly out of focus, but it gives a feel for the interior space. The camera was on a stand at about 4' off the ground.

360 Sphere

paint02.jpg

360 Sphere
Bomb shelter?

pretty cool how you pieced that together though.

Sphere

It started as a shed. I was going to have one of those tin things dropped into the back yard. My Son-In-Law told me that we could build better for the same or less money. Poured a rebar slab (12x13) and he and my daughter took the lead on the framing, shingles, and exterior (solar board) cladding with cement fiber board exterior panels (13' barn style roof). At that point it could still be called a "shed" but the ideas started whirling about how it could be used to store some stuff (with some organization) while leaving usable work space. From there the project transformed into "The Shop". Being an ex-electricians helper, I knew how to wire to code so did the wiring and the insulation myself.

Outside is color matched to the house's trim.

It stalled over the sheet rocking because of scheduling conflicts with my SiL and my no longer having a pickup to get the wall board. After some months, I hired out the sheet rocking. They swarmed the place, doing an excellent job in just 2 days.

Then I was back in the game and rolling again. Here's the plan:

White ceiling, ~2' Ferrari red band, ~1' Ferrari yellow band, 3' wainscoting of 1' square black and white vinyl tiles (checkerboard pattern), silver diamond plate baseboard trim, door surround, and along the top of the wainscoting. Epoxied floor. A 4' deep loft on the far wall from the door with a surface mounted work light underneath it and a work bench under that. There will also be free-standing shelving along both sides (the "organized storage" deal).

The boxes along the ceiling are pre-wired for flush-mounted speakers which will be fed by [audio source of choice] from a jack plate over where the work bench will be. I already have a small amp to keep there that will RCA patch cord in and accept a patch cord from [audio source of choice]. The loft will also have a pair of surface mounted speakers to feed down onto the bench area.

Should free up a lot of space in the garage (for the FJR - keeping it on topic) while creating a good work area.

Got my heated seat wired up last night...will try out Sat morning en route to Tech meet up. Have high expectations, lets hope I'm not disappointed!!

Report:

Not only was the Russell super cosy, the heater was awesome. Even when turned off on the move it just felt so good knowing instant gratification was there at the flick of a switch.

Got my heated seat wired up last night...will try out Sat morning en route to Tech meet up. Have high expectations, lets hope I'm not disappointed!!
I was never able to grasp the usefulness of a heated seat... until a year ago.
The temps were in the mid-40s at midday as I crossed the desert from Phoenix, bringing Lucille home.

I was bundled up pretty well - the electrical connection on my Tourmaster vest was too short, and didn't match the Widder connection on the bike.

About halfway between Beautiful Downtown Gila Bend and Yuma I decided to give my legs a change of position and a bit of a stretch - at 80mph - by sliding my ass back onto the rear seat.

WHOLE leash IT!

It took about 3 seconds for the shock to penetrate my riding pants. And about 10 minutes for my butt to re-warm the front saddle.

Thanks for the memory.

Enjoy that heated saddle!

I was never able to grasp the usefulness of a heated seat... until a year ago.
The temps were in the mid-40s at midday as I crossed the desert from Phoenix, bringing Lucille home.

I was bundled up pretty well - the electrical connection on my Tourmaster vest was too short, and didn't match the Widder connection on the bike.

About halfway between Beautiful Downtown Gila Bend and Yuma I decided to give my legs a change of position and a bit of a stretch - at 80mph - by sliding my ass back onto the rear seat.

WHOLE leash IT!

It took about 3 seconds for the shock to penetrate my riding pants. And about 10 minutes for my butt to re-warm the front saddle.

Thanks for the memory.

Enjoy that heated saddle!
Love mine, many a folk can't understand it. Two each there own.

Dave

Bounce, c'mon admit it, this is the place you go when your SO gets mad at ya... AKA dog house.
laugh.png
Very nice job...
thumbsup.gif

Everyone's claiming that.

In reality, it's like all my projects. Anyone who knows project management has heard of the "critical path"; the group of tasks that can't be overlapped or time crunched any more than it already is. It's what drives the time to completion. In my projects that's summed up as, "while I'm here...".

Meanwhile, my motto might be: "Anything worth doing is worth over doing."

Installed both a Rifle (+4+5) and a Laam. Wow...difference is night & day.

Bounce said:
While waiting for the red to cure, so I can tape for the next color band, I messed around with a 360 sphere photo. It's pretty poorly stitched and badly out of focus, but it gives a feel for the interior space. The camera was on a stand at about 4' off the ground.
360 Sphere
Ferrari Yellow done. Test fitting of door decal.
I dint think you should be able to display a Ferrari logo unless their product is inside the door! ;-)

Bounce said:
360 Sphere
Ferrari Yellow done. Test fitting of door decal.
I dint think you should be able to display a Ferrari logo unless their product is inside the door! ;-)
Exactly...If I broke into a garage expecting to find a Ferrari, and only found a Mazda, I'd be pissed. AND my garage-breaking-into friends would make fun of me. Lol!!

Installed a fuse panel from wiremybike. The block has 3 switched and one unswitched circuits - enough for the couple things I may want to add like LED driving lights! This is a complete kit like easternbeaver's kit, but cheaper and one more circuit. One other difference is unlike the easternbeaver product, one must ground all the accessory wires. To do this, I got a little 4-position grounding bar from a local hardware store and will see if it will be a nice clean install. If others are interested, let me know and I can post some pics.