What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked diagnostic codes after work today, 14 and 32, then cleared them. CEL light has stayed off now the past 2 days. Bike running normal, day 240 consecutive days. Not cancelling the TPS I ordered, figure I 'll just add it to my personal inventory for the time being. Should I be concerned with these 2 codes? Never had any issues and bike is ridded daily.
Here's what your codes mean:

14: Intake Air Pressure Sensor (hose line)

32: O2 Sensor at Low Limit (too rich)

The two may be related. If the vacuum hose going to the IAP sensor or the sensor's inlet is plugged up it could be sending false intake vacuum values to the ECU, which in turn could be causing the fuel injection to be too rich and generating the second fault. Neither fault will cause the engine to not operate, but it sounds like it may not be running quite right all the time, and is probably worth some investigation.

Fred, I read those in the FSM and here on the forum. Oddly enough the bike has been running fine other than the winter fuel blends hurting my mileage. On the Intake Air Pressure Sensor, it seems a bit odd to me that I haven't had the tank off or done anything that should have disturbed that in months so I can't quite wrap my brain around what would just suddenly cause this. Rode to work this morning and everything is functioning normally with no light or drivability issues.I guess I'll do a quick search on that hose line and check it out this weekend.

Thanks for the input!

PS: A quick search found RossKean's thread about code 14 on Gen2 bikes from only a few months ago detailing this exact issue. Big thanks to both of you gentleman for pointing the direction. Of course I just filled the damn gas tank yesterday.....I'll pull it this weekend and check out the hose for debris. Will be sure to take pictures to add to his thread and post my findings. Additionally since I already ordered a TPS I'm just going to add that to my personal inventory and if anyone needs it will make it available to minimize downtime for a forum member.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you found that. I was sure that it had happened recently but couldn't remember who is happened to. Now that you said it the light bulb went on. Hope that is all it was.

You don't really have to pull the tank - it just needs to be propped up after removal of the front bolts and loosening the pivot at the back. In my case, the obstruction was in the single piece that runs from the tubing manifold to the sensor itself. It was a fairly thick greasy deposit. While you're at it, you might as well check the other connecting tubes.

RossKean, the alternative is to tell the wife I need to run the tank down therefor giving me a valid excuse for some riding time.......
smile.png

Finished installing LED headlight bulbs. While garage door was opening the door derailed due to a broken magnetic switch. Spent more time fixing garage door than working on the FJR.

Planning on spending the rest of the day drinking rye whiskey.

Hi, my name is Steve, and its been 46 days since I rode my FJR.

I think that may be the longest consecutive number of days without riding ever.

Today is sunny and about 50F right now. Went for a glorious ride dodging all the new potholes.

For those unaware, after about 1000 days without snow, Vancouver has just had almost 7 weeks of relative deep freeze, with plenty of snow.

Back to rain any time now!

-Steve

Today I moved my Helmet Guardian locks from the license plate frame to a set of TownsendsFJR1300 mounting plates. I opted for a single power outlet on the left side. I hooked the outlet up to the circuit on my Aboreal - Neutrino Black Box circuit for my heat jacket liner. Temperature controlled, automatic thermostat!
smile.png
Took a test ride to my local dealer to pick up some parts. First time on the bike in quite some time. Felt good, and I was warm (automatically).
wink.png

The plates are GREAT!

https://koczarski.com...mounting-plates

IMG_20170121_144603.jpg

After putzing around with my dirt bike (1983 Yamaha IT490K), I took off the stock windshield and mounted up the Cal Sci "medium" windshield that I bought from a forum member about a week ago.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the new windshield as I'm so tired of the noise of the stock unit. Even with earplugs, after a long day ride my ears ring at night....

Biknflyfisher

Rode it to work again, day 246 consecutive of 10 miles or more. Yesterday's ride was brutal. Nasty rain and people driving like idiots made it my most unpleasant one so far.

Still haven't gotten around to lifting or pulling fuel tank to check air intake hose to check for obstruction. I finally started ripping apart my Buell S-2 primary so I can repair the blown out main crankshaft seal that's making it pule oil everywhere. I figure the FJR is ridable and hasn't been throwing the code lately so it could keep for a few more days. I now have the primary cover, clutch and stator all off the Buell and most parts are cleaned up now I just need to go pick up the new parts and get that bike reassembled.

Today I moved my Helmet Guardian locks from the license plate frame to a set of TownsendsFJR1300 mounting plates. I opted for a single power outlet on the left side. I hooked the outlet up to the circuit on my Aboreal - Neutrino Black Box circuit for my heat jacket liner. Temperature controlled, automatic thermostat!
smile.png
Took a test ride to my local dealer to pick up some parts. First time on the bike in quite some time. Felt good, and I was warm (automatically).
wink.png

The plates are GREAT!

https://koczarski.com...mounting-plates

IMG_20170121_144603.jpg
That is a great location for the lock and powerlet outlet. I got that plate from Townsend for my 07 and have plugging in my liner there for well over 100,000 miles (including this morning at 28 degrees). The only downfall has been that it's a little difficult to plug in while rolling down the road, but I've managed to do it every time I've forgot to plug in before taking off.

Had the opportunity to test out my heated vest and grips, a 30-odd mile round trip to my dealer to pick up a replacement 22 carat gold brake pedal in temperatures between 2C and 5C (35F to 41F). Roads were wet, but the sun was shining brightly in a nearly clear sky. Nice to get out, enjoyed the quick trip. Had to turn both vest and grips right down, and still stayed nice and toasty.

Curiously, the replacement pedal had the screw going through from the top, whereas the original went up from the bottom. Why the change after at least eight years of bottom entry (no sniggering at the back of the class, please)?

It was also my opportunity to check the balance of my newly mounted front BT023. No problems up to at least 70. I have reason to suspect there are no problems at significantly higher than that speed limit.

Rode it to work again, day 246 consecutive of 10 miles or more. Yesterday's ride was brutal. Nasty rain and people driving like idiots made it my most unpleasant one so far.
Still haven't gotten around to lifting or pulling fuel tank to check air intake hose to check for obstruction. I finally started ripping apart my Buell S-2 primary so I can repair the blown out main crankshaft seal that's making it pule oil everywhere. I figure the FJR is ridable and hasn't been throwing the code lately so it could keep for a few more days. I now have the primary cover, clutch and stator all off the Buell and most parts are cleaned up now I just need to go pick up the new parts and get that bike reassembled.
You ain't seen nothing...here comes February.

Changed oil, filter, and coolant. Brake fluid, clutch fluid, and final drive all look pristine, so I'll wait a while to do them.

Changed oil, filter, and coolant. Brake fluid, clutch fluid, and final drive all look pristine, so I'll wait a while to do them.
When you "do" the final drive don't neglect the universal joint maintenance. The brake and clutch fluids I usually do as a rainy day weekend time killer.