What do you do for a living?...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See plate.
<--------------------

:yahoo:
i really do love that plate! wish i had thought of something like that.

I am a freelance production artist in the prepress end of the design/print world. I have just set up a home office and am looking for some projects to work on. So if anyone needs anything created for print, please let me know. I've worked all over Dallas for all the big name companies and many small ones too and I have 12 years of experience. Resume can be forwarded upon request.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly I just hang around the house and do whatever Snow White tells me to do!

Look at the Avatar......I'm too old to work very much, but when I do it's as a lighting consultant for MLB.

jim

I run the HR Dept. and do all the pre-employment screening for the world's largest strip club chain.

(At least until I wake up.)

I grew up in a small family business, mostly machine shop work, called Specialized Services. When asked, my Dad would always reply, "It means we specialize in doing anything you have the money to pay for."

What I do now is not worth mentioning. After 31 years of it, I'm trying to forget just as fast as I can. I want to be Grumpy, or maybe just partner with VMax.

After all, this IS the place we get to take on an alter-ego and secret identity, isn't it???

I work for the DoD (specifically the Marine Corps) finding new and entertaining ways to spend your Federal Tax money on IT related stuff. Thanks everyone. I couldn't possibly try all of this stuff on my own budget.

;)

We are a custom BBQ caterer, we cook for special events like weddings, office parties, hospitality buffets, sports suites,movie sets etc...etc. We also cook the KCBS BBQ contest trail in the southwest. You may have seen us on TV at some time, Look for " :yahoo: Taste Bud's BBQ" :yahoo: I would be the "Bud".

" you haven't tasted real pit BBQ, until you Taste Bud's BBQ" Thanks for asking. And the BBQ at NAFO wasn't that good! but we did eat it and had a real good time!

I run the HR Dept. and do all the pre-employment screening for the world's largest strip club chain....(At least until I wake up.)...After all, this IS the place we get to take on an alter-ego and secret identity, isn't it???
Until your 'friends' out you for what you really are ;) Take this Jeff guy, a driver ed teacher by day and a wild one-eared artist by night specializing in Impressionism paintings done in reds and greens.

:p :lol:

I'm a one man job shop specializing in CNC EDM and Wire EDM.

The kids are grown so now it's my turn to play. :thumbsup:

See plate.
<--------------------

:yahoo:
i really do love that plate! wish i had thought of something like that.
I couldn't have used it in our native state, home of the Passive Aggressive "Minnesota Nice", or I would be constantly repainting the car... :rolleyes:
totally agree. they still can't fathom why i'm interested in poppin out babies every year like the rest of my crazy cousins.

that would be a great plate on a bike or a fabulous ride like you have. somehow it just wouldn't work on my G6. even though it is a good lookin car, its too cheap for that kinda statement.

Grew up poor. If you wanted something done you did it yourself. We worked out asses off because we didnt have any extra money. Now, I am the Maintenance man, the dog groomer, the laundry guy, the car washer, the lawn mower dude, the pool guy, the garage organizer, the painter, the bicycle flat tire guy, the homework tutor, the band-aid guy, the bug killer/ squasher, the beloved trashman and Husband/Dad. And paid with a little ride-time off. Thank God I was graced with the ability to keep on chuggin'. I have been a Doctor of Chiropractic since 1994 and still am thrifty with the farkle money. Now, the farkles are not just for show and go but small incremental milestones to look foreward to.

I represent dead celebrities. You'd be surprised how well they do after they die. They are not very likely to disappoint you, nor get involved in a scandal.

Plus, you don't get a lot of attitude.

Amen to the guy who said the biggest farkle is time. With kids, wife, and work, just getting time is the hard part....

Active duty military so technically you (the taxpayers) buy many of my Farkles :yahoo:

Even more when I get to spend time in a tax free zone

Maintenance at a large metropolitan hospital.

pays ok but comes with about 5 weeks vacation which is why I do it.

Learned enough skills in my life that I don't have to pay anyone to do much for me.

Oh yeah and No Kids and a wife that doesn't shop and has a decent job. :D