What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My landlady returned from a 3 week stint in Cairns Australia visiting relatives, 35C and near 100% humidity every single day in a jungle-like setting, palm trees everywhere, lots of bugs, geckos and large cockroaches that get in the house, a couple of boa constrictors living nearby so you watch the dog when you let it out, nice sandy beach that you can't use because of the stingers and crocks, wear big hats and lots of sunscreen when you go out, nights are hot and sweaty too..... gotta keep all your food in the refridgerator or it goes moldy in 2 days.... the natives think it's 'normal'........ even much further south in Sydney it is still humid as you're only at the 33rd parallel...... New Zealand would be better..... I can't stand that kind of heat, and will take the cold over that nonsense.
So, everything is relative, don't worry, be happy. Life is good.
What about PERTH on the West coast of Austrailia, arn't they a more dry heat like California??

Last edited by a moderator:
20 below and blizzards? Yuck!

It was about 70 and sunny today. Ended up enjoying an audiobook and a cigar on the patio.

BreakingBald-L.jpg

I cant see the neighbors house across the street because of the blizzard and its going to be 20 something below for the next few nights. I say we put this thread to bed and stop reminding me how I picked such a crappy place to live.
Might seem odd to 'Like' your post given where I live, more of a sympathetic misery as I understand completely.

-22C and blustery = feckin' cold day. We had about 3 or 4 inches of blowing snow yesterday.

Snowing hard now with wind drifting it around. Expecting a low of -9F tonight and a high of +2 tomorrow.

So glad I'm not worried about the California drought and unseasonably warm temperatures.
fool.gif

There's this ... this ... this scary, bright, orange thing up in the sky this morning.

I think it's ... it's ... it's called the SUN.

Kinda creeping me out, man.

Oh - and it's 7F.

The good thing? The guys are here right now to replace my water heater. That means reliable heat AND hot showers!

There's this ... this ... this scary, bright, orange thing up in the sky this morning.
I think it's ... it's ... it's called the SUN.

Kinda creeping me out, man.

Oh - and it's 7F.

The good thing? The guys are here right now to replace my water heater. That means reliable heat AND hot showers!
Woohoo!!! great news

Even though it is frigid +/- 0F, that bright yellow thing in the sky will help melt the ice covered roads that I live within. Hopefully later this week I can actually get out on the bike and go for a little ride!

20 below and blizzards? Yuck!
It was about 70 and sunny today. Ended up enjoying an audiobook and a cigar on the patio.

BreakingBald-L.jpg
What is that?
A freaken total eclipse about to happen?

biggrin.png
Cool photo...glad somebody around here is feeling the warmth from nuclear explosions 93 million miles away for the source...

It was 73 yesterday and 30 today.

Back up mid 50's Thurs. 60's Friday.

The weather here is as screwed up as me and I like it....

I cant see the neighbors house across the street because of the blizzard and its going to be 20 something below for the next few nights. I say we put this thread to bed and stop reminding me how I picked such a crappy place to live.
Might seem odd to 'Like' your post given where I live, more of a sympathetic misery as I understand completely.

-22C and blustery = feckin' cold day. We had about 3 or 4 inches of blowing snow yesterday.
Steve I used to worry about you and the cold during the winter up there in Sudbury, but then yesterday I reconnected with an old high school friend who lives in........Kirkland Lake! Jeebus, that's really gettin' north. He's says not to worry about you folks in Sudbury...it's like a trip to Tampa for him. Great talking to him until he insisted I come right up for a visit
cold.gif

Steve I used to worry about you and the cold during the winter up there in Sudbury, but then yesterday I reconnected with an old high school friend who lives in........Kirkland Lake! Jeebus, that's really gettin' north. He's says not to worry about you folks in Sudbury...it's like a trip to Tampa for him. Great talking to him until he insisted I come right up for a visit
cold.gif
Kirkland Lake is still south of Timmins (barely). Now if you had said Cochrane..

Regardless, decline his offer until at least August.

'Twas 13 below this morning. It's warmed up to a balmy 6 below right now.

Good news: we have hot water.

Bad news: for some reason, it's not heating the homestead, which has remained at a fairly constant 62 degrees since yesterday afternoon. So the tech has been here to poke around and twist some valves and knobs and shit. Also don't have much hot water pressure. So he ran off to track down a backflow preventer for the cold water. The theory is that this will fix our issues.

I'm just sick of being cold.

'Twas 13 below this morning. It's warmed up to a balmy 6 below right now.
Good news: we have hot water.

Bad news: for some reason, it's not heating the homestead, which has remained at a fairly constant 62 degrees since yesterday afternoon. So the tech has been here to poke around and twist some valves and knobs and shit. Also don't have much hot water pressure. So he ran off to track down a backflow preventer for the cold water. The theory is that this will fix our issues.

I'm just sick of being cold.
Man, that sucks! I'm sitting here in my office (at the end of the house that gets the brunt of the wind) wrapped in a blanket with my hoodie over my head! The space heater is trying to keep the room near 66 (the hot water heat system can't seem to get it to the 68 I have it set for!), and it isn't as cold here as your place. We were -1 this morning and I think we've warmed up to +2 now...