Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Local dealer quoted me 13,9k + accessories, D&H hasn't released their price yet, said it would be in the next day or so.

Called them this morning.. Nothing offical, but was told it would be around 12,000 OTD. He said they were going to do the same kind of deal they did on the FJR.

Anyone looking for a 2009 R1200GSA in May let me know... :yahoo:

Smitty

Last edited by a moderator:
Local dealer quoted me 13,9k + accessories, D&H hasn't released their price yet, said it would be in the next day or so.

Called them this morning.. Nothing offical, but was told it would be around 12,000 OTD. He said they were going to do the same kind of deal they did on the FJR.

Smitty
Do you think this bike is better than the GSA??

Even IF you couldn't turn off the ABS (as it appears you can from above link), Yamaha has been touting the feature that if you tap the rear first, it turns off the ABS. I'm wondering why that isn't sufficient under dirt circumstances, and whether anyone here has tried that system.
I believe that only disables the "unified braking" (both front and rear like the FJR) not the ABS

Smitty
Should have known the intro of a new bike model would bring smitty out of hiding, maybe I should hold off and buy his gently used Tenere in July :D

Smitty
Nope, but FIRST DIBS on your 2011 Super Tenere when it's up for sale. Maybe I won't have to put that PDP deposit down after all, and I'll lget a fully farkled, well cared for used ST with only a few thousand miles on it. :yahoo:

Even IF you couldn't turn off the ABS (as it appears you can from above link), Yamaha has been touting the feature that if you tap the rear first, it turns off the ABS. I'm wondering why that isn't sufficient under dirt circumstances, and whether anyone here has tried that system.
I believe that only disables the "unified braking" (both front and rear like the FJR) not the ABS
Not my recollection, but I don't have enough time to go back and sift for that info right now. Obviously, that'd make a big difference.

Smitty
Should have known the intro of a new bike model would bring smitty out of hiding, maybe I should hold off and buy his gently used Tenere in July :D
You may have posted first, but I believe that, technically, I called DIBS first. :p

Smitty
Nope, but FIRST DIBS on your 2011 Super Tenere when it's up for sale. Maybe I won't have to put that PDP deposit down after all, and I'll lget a fully farkled, well cared for used ST with only a few thousand miles on it. :yahoo:

Don't count on it...Smitty's keeping THAT bike. (the yammy, not the beemer) :)

You may have posted first, but I believe that, technically, I called DIBS first. :p
true, but I do live only 30 minutes away from smitty :p
DAMN! I guess I better monitor all his posts after delivery, just in case you're not home when he decides on another bike.

Wheaties, you might be right, but I seem to recall him having 3 separate FJRs, so there might still be an opportunity for two or three of us to pick up excellent, farkled, used Super Teneres.

Not my recollection, but I don't have enough time to go back and sift for that info right now. Obviously, that'd make a big difference.
Brake tap disables the UBS not the ABS ! Canyonman is correct, ;)

I read a thread on ADV (?) of a $5 switch to disable the ABS.

Aftermarket is already in full gear '

boxes, guards, skid plates, Cal Sci windshields, lowering links............all available! :D

Smitty

Smitty, You are a Great Friend to SkooterG and PapaChuy both. You installed my AudioVox Cruise Control on my FJR at Richard Fairlaner's house many years ago and we had our first dinner together there. In July, I met you at the Beer Tent at the BMW MOA Rally in Redmond, OR; you drank Pepsi while I drank Oregon craft beers and we spent hours laughing at GregM-Skooty's silly ass dumb antics.

However, as a BMW Loyalist, 42 years in this coming March, I'll be forced to ring up Hans und Dieter on my short wave radio set (kept in my basement BMW Command Center) to break your kneecaps!

Smitty

Smitty, You are a Great Friend to SkooterG and PapaChuy both. You installed my AudioVox Cruise Control on my FJR at Richard Fairlaner's house many years ago and we had our first dinner together there. In July, I met you at the Beer Tent at the BMW MOA Rally in Redmond, OR; you drank Pepsi while I drank Oregon craft beers and we spent hours laughing at GregM-Skooty's silly ass dumb antics.

However, as a BMW Loyalist, 42 years in this coming March, I'll be forced to ring up Hans und Dieter on my short wave radio set (kept in my basement BMW Command Center) to break your kneecaps!
smitty, i am still using that tankbag you sold me a couple of years ago, so don't worry , i'll send some tennessee volunteers to keep the dirty germans away from ya :D

Just got official word from D&H $11,999 out the door with $1,000 deposit. so it begins!
Wowser, canyonman; absolutely freaking incredible! They will be lining up with D&H a mile long at that price. Some truly amazing bells and whistles on this machine at only $11,999.

Just got official word from D&H $11,999 out the door with $1,000 deposit. so it begins!
hot damn, thats a good price! Now I just need to get my PDP in, and decide on blue or black...I already have a blue Yamaha, and a black Yamaha :clapping: