Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody find any information on the price for the Yamaha side bags for this bike? I think those would be a necessary addition.

Anybody find any information on the price for the Yamaha side bags for this bike? I think those would be a necessary addition.
I wasn't able to get specific prices only that yamaha figures on about $1500 to $2000 in accessories, exactly what accessories he didn't know, still too early I guess. The local dealer had 1 brochure he would show me If I wanted to come in to the store but no specific prices yet. sorry not much help

Reports from overseas say they're built too cheaply and crush easily. Better save your cash for aftermarket boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the people in other countries with those cases and the Yamaha skid plate, they seem to indicate they are pretty fragile and recommend others. I'd be leaning to TRAX cases (by SWMotech), Micatech or Happy Trails. By the time this bike gets to PDP owners, I bet many non Yamaha stuff will be available on Twisted Throttle or other sites. I would think $700 to 900 range for good set of mounts and cases probably.

JDP

Just got official word from D&H $11,999 out the door with $1,000 deposit. so it begins!
Me too. I had talked to Gerald yesterday and told I was #2 on the list. He called me this afternoon with that same info. Man, I don't need a third bike but this is such a smokin deal for such a machine I'll probably send a deposit and could still sell my spot in line down the road if I lost the desire or sumpin. The raven is the one so it will match my black beauty 08 FJR.

doctorj

Factory side cases, skid plate seem to be junk... But there are aluminum panniers that are awesome being built in australia and Europe right now... By the time we get ours next May there will be a TON of GREAT stuff out for the new bike... !!!! One part from Yamaha that is looking good are the factory little wings that bolt to the sides and right behind the windshield.....

Here are some great pictures and write up....... page 31 & 32 ****SWEET SUPER TENERE WRITE UP AND PICTURES****

Just got official word from D&H $11,999 out the door with $1,000 deposit. so it begins!
Me too. I had talked to Gerald yesterday and told I was #2 on the list. He called me this afternoon with that same info. Man, I don't need a third bike but this is such a smokin deal for such a machine I'll probably send a deposit and could still sell my spot in line down the road if I lost the desire or sumpin. The raven is the one so it will match my black beauty 08 FJR.

doctorj

Right there with you..... I need another bike like a hole in the head.... But been looking for this type of bike for many years.. Im a Yamaha man at heart, when they threw this bad boy up there where MANY unknowns about everything... price and heading here being the last of the big puzzle...... As we all know now everything looks great and its on the way..... One more thing ! !

[SIZE=18pt]Whoooooooooooooooooooo - Hooooooooooooooo I CANT WAIT.......... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]By the way, I want to start talking about a group like an "EOM/NAFO" type thing for guys and gals that are going to get this bike..... I want to start planing now... Anyone interested or have ideas please PM me..... For next summer, Really looking forward to the new bike and the new group! [/SIZE]

Factory side cases, skid plate seem to be junk... But there are aluminum panniers that are awesome being built in australia and Europe right now... By the time we get ours next May there will be a TON of GREAT stuff out for the new bike... !!!! One part from Yamaha that is looking good are the factory little wings that bolt to the sides and right behind the windshield.....
Here are some great pictures and write up....... page 31 & 32 ****SWEET SUPER TENERE WRITE UP AND PICTURES****
After reading all 37 pages I believe I will hold off on the yamaha luggage and skid plate and seek a better alternative. Great write up though.

After reading all 37 pages I believe I will hold off on the yamaha luggage and skid plate and seek a better alternative. Great write up though.

Did you see the prototype aluminum bags at the he bottom of page 32 on the link ^^^^^^? Not sure if those are the ones I will get getting but they look way more beefy than factory plastic bags... Looks great ! more room too !

kft_06_145_20000__b_401281013624-16144.jpg

Did you see the prototype aluminum bags at the he bottom of page 32 on the link ^^^^^^? Not sure if those are the ones I will get getting but they look way more beefy than factory plastic bags... Looks great ! more room too !
I like the looks of the SW Motech stuff but I guess its not out yet, like you said "prototype" wonder what that set up will cost?

I like the looks of the SW Motech stuff but I guess its not out yet, like you said "prototype" wonder what that set up will cost?

I'm gunna take a CRAZY guess and say about $1000-1500 for the sides and racks... and prolly another $500 for the top..... that's IF these come to the US..... Touratech im sure is going to mod some aluminum bags.. They are working on that set up in Europe right now..... New parts are pouring out of shops every second for this bike................. Just wait six months.... it will be OVER FLOWING with cool "have to have" parts......... LOL :)

The local dealer I talked to said that Yamaha expects to sell between 300 and 500 units in the US I thought that sounded low but what the hell do I know

The local dealer I talked to said that Yamaha expects to sell between 300 and 500 units in the US I thought that sounded low but what the hell do I know
I think that was a Typo... He was kinda right......................... its 3000-5000 units... LOL They are behind in Europe and Australia... Ive read (and I dont believe everything I read) that Australia is taking orders to be filled on the third shipment.. The second shipment has just got there... So "I guess" there is a back log for a country that already is receiving them...

I think this thing is going to be great and they are going to sell a TON of them..........

https://www.jesseluggage.com/ You new owners of the Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 may want to keep your eyes on this website. Al Jesse has been making motorcycle luggage for the BMW GS's for over 20 years now. I have his aluminum panniers and boxes on my BMW GS's. His gear is extremely rugged, truly functional and long lasting. Al is also a fellow member of my BMW Club, AZ Beemers, MOA Charter #89. Al and his team already make motorcycle luggage for the Kawasaki KLR 650, Suzuki V-Strom's-both the DL650 and the DL1000 and the KTM 950/990 models. I would have to believe that Al will also start making equipment for the Tenere! https://www.jesseluggage.com/tales.html Read about his last Africa M/C ride.

https://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48162 You guys will get a kick out of this. I received a top secret communique on my BMW short wave radio set in my basement BMW Command Control Center from Hans und Dieter in Berlin; they are the "Fraternal Enforcers" (ex Waffen SS) for the Bayerische Motoren Werke en Deutschland. Jawohl, Arnie!

The BMW MOA Forum Members, I have been a member since 1980 and my number is #24810 (they put a tattoo on your forearm), are now talking up the new Yamaha Super Tenere.

They already like/love the low price! You know the cheapest part of a BMW Motorraden don't you: That would be the Owner! A BMW guy in Colorado is already looking at buying one.

https://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48162 You guys will get a kick out of this. I received a top secret communique on my BMW short wave radio set in my basement BMW Command Control Center from Hans und Dieter in Berlin; they are the "Fraternal Enforcers" (ex Waffen SS) for the Bayerische Motoren Werke en Deutschland. Jawohl, Arnie!
The BMW MOA Forum Members, I have been a member since 1980 and my number is #24810 (they put a tattoo on your forearm), are now talking up the new Yamaha Super Tenere.
Did I read that correct? A black one? ;) Scooter know about that yet?

https://www.jesseluggage.com/ You new owners of the Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 may want to keep your eyes on this website. Al Jesse has been making motorcycle luggage for the BMW GS's for over 20 years now. I have his aluminum panniers and boxes on my BMW GS's. His gear is extremely rugged, truly functional and long lasting. Al is also a fellow member of my BMW Club, AZ Beemers, MOA Charter #89. Al and his team already make motorcycle luggage for the Kawasaki KLR 650, Suzuki V-Strom's-both the DL650 and the DL1000 and the KTM 950/990 models. I would have to believe that Al will also start making equipment for the Tenere! https://www.jesseluggage.com/tales.html Read about his last Africa M/C ride.
seems like i read somewhere on advrider yesterday that they were already working on new boxes for the s10

D&H cycle Cullman Alabama 256-739-1840

Thats $1000 cash deposit fellas no credit card. That kinda smarts but I guess Im gonna drink the sake, in blue please.
Ok, just looked, its 1687 miles from D&H to my house in Phoenix, but that's over the super boring superslab route...

doctorj
Just got off the phone with Gerald he said that Yamaha definitly does not allow selling your place in line, that when you place your order your personal info goes into the system for the build. Im sure he could explain it better if you give him a call. 256-739-1840

Ok, just looked, its 1687 miles from D&H to my house in Phoenix, but that's over the super boring superslab route...
Doesn't have to be, it is a dual sport after all.