Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48162 You guys will get a kick out of this. I received a top secret communique on my BMW short wave radio set in my basement BMW Command Control Center from Hans und Dieter in Berlin; they are the "Fraternal Enforcers" (ex Waffen SS) for the Bayerische Motoren Werke en Deutschland. Jawohl, Arnie!
The BMW MOA Forum Members, I have been a member since 1980 and my number is #24810 (they put a tattoo on your forearm), are now talking up the new Yamaha Super Tenere.
Did I read that correct? A black one? ;) Scooter know about that yet?
Ha, ha: It's a small world! Renaa and Jerold of D & H were talking to canyonman on the phone while I was on hold! Then I called SkooterG (The Fecker), only to be called a crazy Bastard and now Smitty of Hooterville has a call in to me. These Yamaha Super Tenere 1200's are being sold like hotcakes by D & H Cycles of Cullman, Alabama. A BUYERS FRENZY!

DETAILS: "Just got off the phone with Gerald he said that Yamaha definitly does not allow selling your place in line, that when you place your order your personal info goes into the system for the build. Im sure he could explain it better if you give him a call. 256-739-1840" Jerold told me the same exact thing and he asked that I also clarify this to our FJR Forum: 1) YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT SELL YOUR PLACE IN LINE, AND THAT IS PER YAMAHA CORPORATION. 2) If the registration changes hands within the first six months, D & H is docked $500 by the Yamaha Corporation; so do not be a speculator and sell your new Tenere and hurt D & H Cycle. We do not want to negatively impact our good guy vendors like D & H!

The sale price on my black 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 is $11,999. Jerold and Renaa must also charge a $90 paperwork fee. I pay the taxes and registration to State of Arizona.

The Address: D & H Cycles, 18115 West Highway 31, Cullman, Alabama 35055 D & H is letting me pay my $1,000 deposit by a personal check; their toll free # is 1-888-553-3311.

They will pick me up from either the Huntsville or Birmingham, Alabama airports; my call on that. They have a utility apartment they will let me use for one night when I arrive.

When Ducati/BMW/Triumph of Scottsdale opens up this morning, I will cancel my 2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring. I will not lose my $500 deposit, I have the 6K mile services on my three BMW's performed there; they will just use up my $500 on that work, clothing and accessories. I will never be a super cool Ducati owner like Niehart and FJRBluesman!

Last edited by a moderator:
When Ducati/BMW/Triumph of Scottsdale opens up this morning, I will cancel my 2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring.
shocked1.gif
Say it ain't so!!

When Ducati/BMW/Triumph of Scottsdale opens up this morning, I will cancel my 2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring.
shocked1.gif
Say it ain't so!!
Ha, ha! Smitty just called, he is Number Three on D & H Delivery List and I am Number Five. Smitty is calling SkooterG right now, to bust his punk ass balls; Go Get Him Smitty!!!

You guys are ALL enabling bastards. Including you, BEEMERDONS!!! Shit, I thought you'd at least continue to wave the Bavarian flag, but NOOOOO -- yer jumping on the friggin' bandwagon with everyone else and making it worse.

So, I got a question: do any of you bastages know if there is a difference between Cali smog certified Super Teneres and 49 states models, or is there just one model being imported?

I'll probably buy from Roseville Yamaha anyway, but wondering about an ability to negotiate a bit. Looks like the XX and probably the KLR will be readied for sale over the winter if this itch gets bad enough to throw $500 at. BTW, anyone know when the PDP window closes?

Enabling bastages!!!

Then I called SkooterG (The Fecker), only to be called a crazy Bastard and now Smitty of Hooterville has a call in to me.
As usual, you got it all wrong. <_<

SILLY FUCKER! I called you a SILLY FUCKER!

I don't get it. I'm not feeling the love. On paper, besides an awesome price point, I see a heavy dual sport with no outstanding features and some VERY disappointing engineering when it comes to luggage and bash plates. Of course a ride tells all. There have been bikes I thought I would love - and didn't. And bikes I didn't think I would like - and loved. But that all-telling ride won't be happening anytime soon, will it? Best of luck to you all. I hope it's as good as the hype.

Then I called SkooterG (The Fecker), only to be called a crazy Bastard and now Smitty of Hooterville has a call in to me.

I don't get it. I'm not feeling the love. On paper, besides an awesome price point, I see a heavy dual sport with no outstanding features and some VERY disappointing engineering when it comes to luggage and bash plates. Of course a ride tells all. There have been bikes I thought I would love - and didn't. And bikes I didn't think I would like - and loved. But that all-telling ride won't be happening anytime soon, will it? Best of luck to you all. I hope it's as good as the hype.
SILLY FUCKER RESPONDING HERE! The only thing that bugs me is the stock inability to disarm and disable the ABS, I related to Smitty on the phone the close call I had down in Mexico with Brian last April, where I almost took a 1K foot plunge because my pulsing BMW ABS was not stopping me in time before a very sharp curve. EXTREMELY FECKING DANGEROUS!

But, HIGHLANDER consistently has the right information on motorcycles and he has a reference resource on how you can wire in a dash switch to disarm/disable the ABS for dirt work!

There have been bikes I thought I would love - and didn't. And bikes I didn't think I would like - and loved. But that all-telling ride won't be happening anytime soon, will it? Best of luck to you all. I hope it's as good as the hype.
There's a true statement or three. I hope it's that good too, but I'm mostly looking for dirt road Adventure bike touring travel, not single track enduro or dual sport riding. I'm thinking that if I unload the KLR in addition to the XX, I may eventually pick up a used DRZ 400 as the last piece in a three bike garage.

I was also planning on taking D&H's price to Apache and RideNow, see if they'd be willing to deal...

My wife asked if I'd be trading in the FJR for this bike...silly girl

I've decided I want the blue one...now just need to get that deposit together!

I related to Smitty on the phone the close call I had down in Mexico with Brian last April, where I almost took a 1K foot plunge because my pulsing BMW ABS was not stopping me in time before a very sharp curve. EXTREMELY FECKING DANGEROUS!
I don't get it Don. Given I haven't ridden dirt since I was a wee lad (read 30+ years ago), but I don't see how locking your breaks and sliding will stop you faster than ABS which has been proven to be a shorter stopping distance?

I was also planning on taking D&H's price to Apache and RideNow, see if they'd be willing to deal...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Great Satan? Deal?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If you want to get a decent deal in this area, I would call:

The Cycle Center in Casa Grande, AZ. GREAT dealership, but probably not the most aggressive on price. But worth a try. Most likely will beat those Ride Now bastards.

Deming Cycle Center in......you guessed it! Deming, NM where I bought my brand new 04 FJR many years ago.

The Yamaha dealer in Ely, NV. They used to give great deals. Not quite D&H, but close.

Others to try - the Yammie dealer in Show Low, and Sierra Vista (have heard good things about them).

I related to Smitty on the phone the close call I had down in Mexico with Brian last April, where I almost took a 1K foot plunge because my pulsing BMW ABS was not stopping me in time before a very sharp curve. EXTREMELY FECKING DANGEROUS!
I don't get it Don. Given I haven't ridden dirt since I was a wee lad (read 30+ years ago), but I don't see how locking your breaks and sliding will stop you faster than ABS which has been proven to be a shorter stopping distance?
On paper, you would think ABS would win out on dirt; in real life, with real dirt riders like Smitty and I, you have to have the ability to lock up that rear tire and avoid the front brake like the plague.

canyonman make previous reference to it and he is right on the money, on steep descents on loose sand, dirt and gravel: The ABS will pulse and you will not find yourself cutting your speed down at all!

Please note: I am referring to EXTREMELY STEEP downhills. Up to 5% ABS may win out; but in my riding situations I often exceed 5% downhills and I cannot get my fat ass stopped in time with ABS!

You guys are ALL enabling bastards. Including you, BEEMERDONS!!! Shit, I thought you'd at least continue to wave the Bavarian flag, but NOOOOO -- yer jumping on the friggin' bandwagon with everyone else and making it worse.
So, I got a question: do any of you bastages know if there is a difference between Cali smog certified Super Teneres and 49 states models, or is there just one model being imported?

I'll probably buy from Roseville Yamaha anyway, but wondering about an ability to negotiate a bit. Looks like the XX and probably the KLR will be readied for sale over the winter if this itch gets bad enough to throw $500 at. BTW, anyone know when the PDP window closes?

Enabling bastages!!!

I'm pretty sure that all bikes are CA smog legal... Its prolly going to be only one type of bike..... If not the CA bike will have an EVEN BIGGER exhaust can... Might weigh 125Lbs.... LOL

SILLY FUCKER RESPONDING HERE! The only thing that bugs me is the stock inability to disarm and disable the ABS, I related to Smitty on the phone the close call I had down in Mexico with Brian last April, where I almost took a 1K foot plunge because my pulsing BMW ABS was not stopping me in time before a very sharp curve. EXTREMELY FECKING DANGEROUS!

But, HIGHLANDER consistently has the right information on motorcycles and he has a reference resource on how you can wire in a dash switch to disarm/disable the ABS for dirt work!

You can cut into the harness and add a switch to it..... Then you would have an Off & ON switch on the dash. It was covered on the ADVriders.com or you can do this

and not cut into the harness...... :) The factory stock bike will let you turn off the ABS allready the day you pick it up......