Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received a Priority Mail envelope yesterday from D & H Cycle, Inc. of Cullman, Alabama, with my Seller/Buyer signed Invoice attached: Now all I have to do is patiently wait until my Super Tenere shows up. PATIENCE, HELL: I want to ride to Guatemala, ese!

"Dear Mr. Stanley,

Thank you for the 9/3 deposit on the new 2012 Yamaha XTZ12BL. We are pleased to be a part of your exciting new purchase. We hope your purchase with us will be a pleasurable experience.

Yamaha plans to begin shipping in May 2011 and will ship in the order of the receipt of the Priority Delivery Order. Shipping is subject to change depending on total number of units sold and any foreseen production or shipment delays or shortages.

We will be contacting you with additional information when available. If you have any questions, please call our toll free number 1-877-392-6242. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to deliver your great new ride.

Sincerely,

D & H Cycle, Inc.

Jerold D. Hopper"
I got that letter too from Jerold. My bill of sale # is 156895 (raven) but have no idea which boat that would mean it would arrive on. I sure hope it is in May and not 2 mo. later. Congrats. Jerold told me a few days ago when I called before getting the letter (was #2 on their list BTW) that they had only 4 orders at the time. He was thinking with their lowest price there would be more. I guess many were getting pretty good deals near home and didn't want to tank an adventure to Alabama. It will be a 700 mile return ride for me to coastal NC but will give a good shakedown ride.

doctorj

@ 156895 your on the third boat..... :blink: :dribble:

Received a Priority Mail envelope yesterday from D & H Cycle, Inc. of Cullman, Alabama, with my Seller/Buyer signed Invoice attached: Now all I have to do is patiently wait until my Super Tenere shows up. PATIENCE, HELL: I want to ride to Guatemala, ese!

"Dear Mr. Stanley,

Thank you for the 9/3 deposit on the new 2012 Yamaha XTZ12BL. We are pleased to be a part of your exciting new purchase. We hope your purchase with us will be a pleasurable experience.

Yamaha plans to begin shipping in May 2011 and will ship in the order of the receipt of the Priority Delivery Order. Shipping is subject to change depending on total number of units sold and any foreseen production or shipment delays or shortages.

We will be contacting you with additional information when available. If you have any questions, please call our toll free number 1-877-392-6242. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to deliver your great new ride.

Sincerely,

D & H Cycle, Inc.

Jerold D. Hopper"
I got that letter too from Jerold. My bill of sale # is 156895 (raven) but have no idea which boat that would mean it would arrive on. I sure hope it is in May and not 2 mo. later. Congrats. Jerold told me a few days ago when I called before getting the letter (was #2 on their list BTW) that they had only 4 orders at the time. He was thinking with their lowest price there would be more. I guess many were getting pretty good deals near home and didn't want to tank an adventure to Alabama. It will be a 700 mile return ride for me to coastal NC but will give a good shakedown ride.

doctorj

Oh No, all those lower numbers will be loaded first and in the bottom of the boat. Mine will be loaded on top and unloaded on the dock first. It is a perfect plan, hehe. Actually no one really knows what those numbers mean. It could be all orders or sumpin. We'll all find out one of these days.

doctorj

Mine is "El Negro Modelo" # 156305................. First boat..... :yahoo:
Actually, my # 156077 will be on the first boat... :yahoo: :yahoo:
Too bad '007...your ship's already come in! :lol:

CargoShip.jpg

I'm waiting until the CW Show comes to town...then decision time.

--G

Mine is "El Negro Modelo" # 156305................. First boat..... :yahoo:
Actually, my # 156077 will be on the first boat... :yahoo: :yahoo:

You must have been camped out at Yamaha like ya did at the Billy Ray Cyrus concert ! :crazy:

"Dear Mr. Stanley,

Sincerely,

D & H Cycle, Inc.

Jerold D. Hopper"

doctorj

Oh No, all those lower numbers will be loaded first and in the bottom of the boat. Mine will be loaded on top and unloaded on the dock first. It is a perfect plan, hehe. Actually no one really knows what those numbers mean. It could be all orders or sumpin. We'll all find out one of these days.

doctorj

yours is at the top ! :dribble: :p

I've watched this Yamaha Super Tenere 1200Zed video a dozen times. I can't wait until "La Poderosa Diabla Negra" arrives and I can start outfitting her for my Ride to Guatemala!

Man o man, that video sure makes me want to take me black beauty out and commune with nature all over the USA and Canada too. I think we should now officially petition Mama Yama to equip our rides as a first edition with the same goodies they did in other countries, yeah baby :clapping: . But that would mean I have to cut down on my farkle list :eek: .

doctorj

All I know is I want you guys to roll video the first time one of you members of the Metamucil Mulisha take it off road. :D

Rock on!

All I know is I want you guys to roll video the first time one of you members of the Metamucil Mulisha take it off road. :D

Rock on!

***Metamucil Mulisha*** BBbwwwwwhahhwhahwhhahhaaahahaaaaaaaa :lol:

Man o man, that video sure makes me want to take me black beauty out and commune with nature all over the USA and Canada too. I think we should now officially petition Mama Yama to equip our rides as a first edition with the same goodies they did in other countries, yeah baby :clapping: . But that would mean I have to cut down on my farkle list :eek: .

doctorj

I think some of the Yamaha parts are good... some are definitely not... IMOP, the bags, skid plate, Etc are not that great.. And for the same money (little more or less) you can get way better gear !! Tons of new stuff coming out every day !!! Has everyone seen the new Akrapovic exhaust? Link here: COOL PARTS :assassin: Supposedly these after market cans are yielding 7.5Bhp on the Dyno.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Rock on!
M&M guys :friends: that's us! I'll plan to ride at least 20-25 feet on dirt at least once or twice a week and maybe on the lawn once a month :good: . I might even wear an Arai XD if'n I can find it :haha: . Now where is that O.F. (old farts) dirt riding course :help: .

doctorj

Here are a few new "GOODIES" that will be heading our way !!!! Check this stuff out ! Should be in there catalog before ours arrive if you need any extra 'stuff'........ :dribble:

big2011yamaha4.jpg

big2011yamaha3.jpg

big2011yamaha2.jpg

big2011yamaha1.jpg

big2011yamaha9.jpg

big2011yamaha7.jpg

big2011yamaha5.jpg

big2011yamaha6.jpg

big2011yamaha8.jpg

Hmmm, not too many of those things interest me, but that fuel cell might be a good one. Not too much of this looks as functional as the stuff I want. SW-motech stuff interests me more.

doctorj

Hmmm, not too many of those things interest me, but that fuel cell might be a good one. Not too much of this looks as functional as the stuff I want. SW-motech stuff interests me more.

doctorj

I dig the Ohlins and the tank for sure ! :dribble:

doctorj

Well, Hmmm, the skid plate has the most protection I've seen yet,the skid plate under the rear drive gear / swing arm is pretty cool, and Ohlins shocks too ? The Akro gives a few more horses, but I guess you like the gold spoke wheels ? :lol: