Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the Cats in the silencer? If so you will save a ton of weight by swapping with the Akrapovics!

I think there is a cat in the factory silencer.. but there are one or two more on the bottom of the bike... The early signs ae that you dont want to remove those, I think it has something to do with the dual mod on the ECM and low and and high(er) end power... The new cans are "looking" to increase 7.5 Bhp on DYNO's over seas........ Cant wait ! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have fully decided I'm going with Eva Mendes as the name of my new 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200Zed! I'd thought about naming her "La Poderosa Negra Diabla", "The Powerful Black She Devil"; but I love Eva and Eva loves me (at least when mi Ojos are closed), so I cannot see breaking up a perfectly good relationship!!

EvaMendes.jpg

And, Senor Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" does not intend to give up su Novia Senorita Salma Hayek anytime soon! Mi BMW F650GS Twin.

398246590_b1a674a2de_o.jpg

Eva and Salma will live in my Chandler garages next to Ingrid, my BMW R1150RT and Miss Lucy Liu, my Yamaha FJR; ah, Papa Chuy does indeed love his muy bonita Mujeres! Mas Magnifica!

Wow, both of those name sakes have really nice chassis and great curves too :yahoo: . I can see why you will be looking forward to "riding" them every day and night :rolleyes: I may have to make an exception with the S10 since don't usually name me bikes. I am thinking of calling her "Angie Harmon" since that Raven bike and her raven hair would be consistent not to mention she is just way HOT :dribble: .

doctorj

I have fully decided I'm going with Eva Mendes as the name of my new 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200Zed! I'd thought about naming her "La Poderosa Negra Diabla", "The Powerful Black She Devil"; but I love Eva and Eva loves me (at least when mi Ojos are closed), so I cannot see breaking up a perfectly good relationship!!

And, Senor Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" does not intend to give up su Novia Senorita Salma Hayek anytime soon! Mi BMW F650GS Twin.

Eva and Salma will live in my Chandler garages next to Ingrid, my BMW R1150RT and Miss Lucy Liu, my Yamaha FJR; ah, Papa Chuy does indeed love his muy bonita Mujeres! Mas Magnifica!

Wow, both of those name sakes have really nice chassis and great curves too :yahoo: . I can see why you will be looking forward to "riding" them every day and night :rolleyes: I may have to make an exception with the S10 since don't usually name me bikes. I am thinking of calling her "Angie Harmon" since that Raven bike and her raven hair would be consistent not to mention she is just way HOT :dribble: .

doctorj
Jesus Christ! It's a fucking MOTORCYCLE!!! It's NOT the Second Coming, fer gawd's sake.

This thread is turning into a Kool-Aid drinking contest worthy of BMW......or the Third Reich! :finger:

doctorj
Jesus Christ! It's a fucking MOTORCYCLE!!! It's NOT the Second Coming, fer gawd's sake.

This thread is turning into a Kool-Aid drinking contest worthy of BMW......or the Third Reich! :finger:
Say, Steve: BLOW ME!

Wow, both of those name sakes have really nice chassis and great curves too :yahoo: . I can see why you will be looking forward to "riding" them every day and night :rolleyes: I may have to make an exception with the S10 since don't usually name me bikes. I am thinking of calling him "Mark Harmon" since that Raven bike and his grey hair would be consistent not to mention he is just way HOT :dribble: .

doctorj
Fx'd it for ya Doc.

Kisses

:jester:

Wow, both of those name sakes have really nice chassis and great curves too :yahoo: . I can see why you will be looking forward to "riding" them every day and night :rolleyes: I may have to make an exception with the S10 since don't usually name me bikes. I am thinking of calling him "Mark Harmon" since that Raven bike and his grey hair would be consistent not to mention he is just way HOT :dribble: .

doctorj
Fx'd it for ya Doc.

Kisses

:jester:
He wouldn't have me so Angie was next on me list :lol: . If she wore a sheep styled wig, don't you think you might find her HOT too? :clapping: OK, now back to the Yamaha blue Kool Aid trough for me if'n I can push Beemerdons aside.

doctorj

Hey No One,

Since you did such a good job getting Yamaha to bring the Super Tenere 1200 here to the states :) , could you get them to import this model too! XT660Z Tenere

LOL,,,, I didnt have anything to do with the bike heading here ! :dwarf: I just like the new scooter and like to talk about it ! :dirol:

That link is to the XT660... this is a Euro bike I think, a guy imported.. It was talked about over on the ADV site.. Yamaha is not bringing this over as far as I know. You can import one for a small fortune though! :crazy:

(also no parts, no service, no warranty, Etc)

Here is the new 'pre' XT1200 US catalog for people that have not seen it..... Nothing really new... :dribble:

new9.jpg

new8.jpg

new7.jpg

new6.jpg

A few new ones from Intermot last weekend..... :yahoo:

1041737286_ehf2e-S.jpg

1041736518_u8MCW-S.jpg

1041735656_zL7V9-S.jpg

1041734921_gEzNt-S.jpg

1041733597_c43iJ-S.jpg

1041731392_hFUzh-S.jpg

1041730542_oaDqX-S.jpg

1041729672_extEo-S.jpg

1041728472_qEmB9-S.jpg

1041738044_LxNTA-S.jpg

Aftermarket parts heading to market.

1041727505_DKq3i-S.jpg

1041726551_GKrnc-S.jpg

1041723466_YmbJm-S.jpg

1041722681_v3GQD-S.jpg

1041721836_SsDeM-S.jpg

1041720967_MnewW-S.jpg

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Anyone going to be at the Dallas bike show Nov. 14 ? They will have the Super Tenere there and I think they will be giving demo rides ?

Lets get a count? Who's going ? Kinda cool to talk with other buys there !

I put my deposit down yesterday on the Impact Blue version. I went to Sportscenter in Longview TX (It worked out as I was in Dallas on business, and had an off day yesterday). My order was number 16 for them, and I would up with order number 160840, so I don't think the order numbers are just for the Super Tenere...

That link is to the XT660... this is a Euro bike I think, a guy imported.. It was talked about over on the ADV site.. Yamaha is not bringing this over as far as I know. You can import one for a small fortune though!

Hey, I have a small fortune.

I'm in.

FJR, R1, R5, FZ6R test rides only :angry2: Tenere is diplay only ;)

In TX ? I was told they would be there to ride ? Not questioning your source, but where did you 'read' they are not going to be there to ride..... If not, that kinda sux, I was looking forward <_<

I put my deposit down yesterday on the Impact Blue version. I went to Sportscenter in Longview TX (It worked out as I was in Dallas on business, and had an off day yesterday). My order was number 16 for them, and I would up with order number 160840, so I don't think the order numbers are just for the Super Tenere...
Congratulations !!!! Ive read a report on a Rd called the Bloody Basin... is this out by you... Im going to go out and ride this Rd 100% Cant wait ! :yahoo: