Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FOR ALL THE GUYS WAITING FOR MAY......... THIS IS FOR YOU.. I took these today at a dealer here in the USA...

I don't have a lot more to say than most of of the other reports. I was not able to ride it..

- MUCH lighter than I ever expected it to feel..

- The seat is AWESOME and VERY comfortable

- Its VERY easy to put on the center stand

- Smaller looking than all the pictures on the net

- To me it was interesting that the brakes (stuff), starter, electronics are 'up high' on the bike.. the obvious reason would be for water crossings and such. Looks like there was a lot of time and thought to build this bike for what it was meant to go out and do..... Cant wait till they all come in !

I took a ton of pictures but here are just a few.. If you want to see something on the bike that you have not seen on the net, let me know.. I'm sure I have the picture..

You can SEE and SIT on this bike, this Thursday at STADIUM YAMAHA in Dallas TX.. Or call 972-445-0825 ask for Jason... This is a BAD ASS bike ! First one at a dealer in the USA !

closeup8.jpg

closeup2.jpg

closeup1.jpg

closeup7.jpg

closeup6.jpg

closeup5.jpg

closeup4.jpg

closeup3.jpg

s1065.jpg

s1046.jpg

s1045.jpg

s1039.jpg

s1036.jpg

s1031.jpg

s1012.jpg

s1068.jpg

My illegitimate bastard son SkooterG did something really nice yesterday for his Old Papa Chuy, he brought me the newly available 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 sales brochure. It is four pages and has great photos and detailed technical information.

GregM picked up this brochure from Show Low Motorsports here in Arizona, but it should now be available at all North American Yamaha dealers. Oh, and Skooty only stole three beers from my refrigerator; and they were Pabst, not the Sam Adams ones!!!

I too have dealt with Jason at Stadium Yamaha and I also agree they are the cheapest place to buy OEM parts and accessories for your Yamaha. I bought my Left Mirror, Saddlebag, Stator cover and a bunch of little things, got free shipping and everything arrived really quick. I'm sold on them for my Yamaha stuff.

Of course I'm a little far to be able to walk in and take pics of this new Yamaha Beast!

Thanks 'No One' for all the pix.

We too (S.O. & I) have dealt with Jason at Stadium Yamaha -- new bike and accessories -- and they were very fair and did what they said. First class dealer -- from what I can see...

They're (Stadium Yamaha) highly regarded by Yamaha U.S. and have helped Yamaha out of some jams (dealer closures, etc) -- as witnessed by having the first (U.S.) Super TenRay.

HOUSTON AREA FOLKS: There is one at Mancuso Powersports on southwest freeway today (9/24 Friday) and tomorrow if you are curious.

I ordered my Super Tenere this morning. My 04 FJR is now for sale, well farkled and clean. Can't wait for May to arrive.

There are pictures on TWT from the guys who oggled last night. Don't know if it's cool to post a link to another site here so I won't.

I bought my Left Mirror, Saddlebag, Stator cover and a bunch of little things, got free shipping and everything arrived really quick. I'm sold on them for my Yamaha stuff.
I bet those items would have been cheaper at the vendors I told you about.

Well it is Friday and wierder things have happened, I like my member#350 even though I don't post much here.

That said, the new Yammie adventure bike looks small to me. I was expecting a GSA size 1200cc ride, have yet to sit on the thing and it's only 25 miles away. Working on that.

Thanks 'No One' for all the pix.

We too (S.O. & I) have dealt with Jason at Stadium Yamaha -- new bike and accessories -- and they were very fair and did what they said. First class dealer -- from what I can see...

They're (Stadium Yamaha) highly regarded by Yamaha U.S. and have helped Yamaha out of some jams (dealer closures, etc) -- as witnessed by having the first (U.S.) Super TenRay.
No problem... It was an AWESOME bike I thought and cant wait till May !

I ordered my Super Tenere this morning. My 04 FJR is now for sale, well farkled and clean. Can't wait for May to arrive.

Your gunna love it ! Looking to put some rides and camping trips together for guys with the new bike in the near future ! Have fun with her !

Received a Priority Mail envelope yesterday from D & H Cycle, Inc. of Cullman, Alabama, with my Seller/Buyer signed Invoice attached: Now all I have to do is patiently wait until my Super Tenere shows up. PATIENCE, HELL: I want to ride to Guatemala, ese!

"Dear Mr. Stanley,

Thank you for the 9/3 deposit on the new 2012 Yamaha XTZ12BL. We are pleased to be a part of your exciting new purchase. We hope your purchase with us will be a pleasurable experience.

Yamaha plans to begin shipping in May 2011 and will ship in the order of the receipt of the Priority Delivery Order. Shipping is subject to change depending on total number of units sold and any foreseen production or shipment delays or shortages.

We will be contacting you with additional information when available. If you have any questions, please call our toll free number 1-877-392-6242. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to deliver your great new ride.

Sincerely,

D & H Cycle, Inc.

Jerold D. Hopper"

Received a Priority Mail envelope yesterday from D & H Cycle, Inc. of Cullman, Alabama, with my Seller/Buyer signed Invoice attached: Now all I have to do is patiently wait until my Super Tenere shows up. PATIENCE, HELL: I want to ride to Guatemala, ese!

"Dear Mr. Stanley,

Thank you for the 9/3 deposit on the new 2012 Yamaha XTZ12BL. We are pleased to be a part of your exciting new purchase. We hope your purchase with us will be a pleasurable experience.

Yamaha plans to begin shipping in May 2011 and will ship in the order of the receipt of the Priority Delivery Order. Shipping is subject to change depending on total number of units sold and any foreseen production or shipment delays or shortages.

We will be contacting you with additional information when available. If you have any questions, please call our toll free number 1-877-392-6242. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to deliver your great new ride.

Sincerely,

D & H Cycle, Inc.

Jerold D. Hopper"
I got that letter too from Jerold. My bill of sale # is 156895 (raven) but have no idea which boat that would mean it would arrive on. I sure hope it is in May and not 2 mo. later. Congrats. Jerold told me a few days ago when I called before getting the letter (was #2 on their list BTW) that they had only 4 orders at the time. He was thinking with their lowest price there would be more. I guess many were getting pretty good deals near home and didn't want to tank an adventure to Alabama. It will be a 700 mile return ride for me to coastal NC but will give a good shakedown ride.

doctorj

"Dear Mr. Stanley,

Sincerely,

D & H Cycle, Inc.

Jerold D. Hopper"
I got that letter too from Jerold. My bill of sale # is 156895 (raven) but have no idea which boat that would mean it would arrive on. I sure hope it is in May and not 2 mo. later. Congrats. Jerold told me a few days ago when I called before getting the letter (was #2 on their list BTW) that they had only 4 orders at the time. He was thinking with their lowest price there would be more. I guess many were getting pretty good deals near home and didn't want to tank an adventure to Alabama. It will be a 700 mile return ride for me to coastal NC but will give a good shakedown ride.

doctorj
https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=2805.msg20052;topicseen#msg20052 doctorJ, My bill of sale # is 156491 (raven) and my direct mileage home is 1,635 miles. But, my BMW club is going to make a tour out of this: They are going to ride East to Birmingham to meet me and we will tour the Barber Museum. Then we are heading to Pensacola, Florida to tour "The Famous Redneck Riviera". We'll stop in New Orleans, LA to laugh at Patriot Mike's FJR! If Winter Haven was closer, we would go laugh at fecking RadioHowie also!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like a fun time for you Don. I doubt we will be there on the same day. We are about the same age, so I guess us older farts can have a blast on an S10 and an FJR :D . They didn't offer that apartment to me though :eek: . I may just have to run by Barbers myself now that you mentioned it. I'll stay the night after a few hundred miles and finish up the following day probably. You got you check in faster than I did I guess judging from your order #. Sheesh, I hope mine isn't too far behind yours in getting there.

doctorj

Mine is "El Negro Modelo" # 156305................. First boat..... :yahoo: