Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know next year sometime we should plan a gathering of the STs (and other Dual Sports) :) . Now I know I would be an outcast with my Big 'O' Gurl KTM, but we could get out and explore Colorado, Arizona or anyone of those Western tyoe places. Don could be our fearless leader :unsure: . What do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:
You know next year sometime we should plan a gathering of the STs (and other Dual Sports) :) . Now I know I would be an outcast with my Big 'O' Gurl KTM, but we could get out and explore Colorado, Arizona or anyone of those Western tyoe places. Don could be our fearless leader :unsure: . What do you all think?
CHRIS_D and the rest of you Filthy, Dirty, Dusty, Dual Sporters (either BMW GS'ers, Katoom Krazies or Tenere Twats): As you know, I am Co-Rally Master of SW-FOG with my buddy from Lake Havasu City, Arizona Big-D, Dan Compton. Big-D and I have not selected the location for SW-FOG 2011 yet, but we will definitely announce the site on 1/1/11. I am really lobbying for the San Juan Mountains or the Gunnison National Forest regions of Colorado for SW-FOG 2011. If Dan complies, and we have to be in agreement on this, I will organize day rides for all of you despicable dirties with your Big Trailies!!! Not too overly gnarly treks, so you could run Metzeler Tourances or Bridgestone Trail Wings or Avon Distanzias to get to Colorado via super slabs on!

So, Triumph is jumping in too, huh?

XC800

TriumphAdventure800XC.jpg

XC800

I like what Triumph has done over the years, old and new... There are several things on this new bike not so much, but im sure it has some good stuff on this new bike..... Whats up with that front fender like 1/4" off the front tire ? This bike has to get a radiator guard the first day it leaves the dealer, gunna get a dent and might crack if ya bust on some rocks... I'm sure price is going to be good and competitive for this segment.... Have to (for fun) go see one when they get here..... !!!

More of these bikes in this segment of the industry is a good thing in my eyes... The more people with these types bikes just over all strengthens the motorcycle passion in the USA !!!! :yahoo:

Looking forward to the release of of the new Touratech Zega Pro bags... Just one more added to the list for consideration and do home work on over the next 6-7-8 months...... Been a fan of the Zega bag, but not so much Touratech or the price.. :lol: Anyhow, this is them on a GS....

ZEGAPro.jpg

CHRIS_D and the rest of you Filthy, Dirty, Dusty, Dual Sporters (either BMW GS'ers, Katoom Krazies or Tenere Twats): As you know, I am Co-Rally Master of SW-FOG with my buddy from Lake Havasu City, Arizona Big-D, Dan Compton. Big-D and I have not selected the location for SW-FOG 2011 yet, but we will definitely announce the site on 1/1/11. I am really lobbying for the San Juan Mountains or the Gunnison National Forest regions of Colorado for SW-FOG 2011. If Dan complies, and we have to be in agreement on this, I will organize day rides for all of you despicable dirties with your Big Trailies!!! Not too overly gnarly treks, so you could run Metzeler Tourances or Bridgestone Trail Wings or Avon Distanzias to get to Colorado via super slabs on!

Sounds like a blast!! I been wanting to ride Colarado. When you get the dates let me know and I will ask for them off. I have lots of vacation time, however we are going be short handed next year (especially from May through August) which will make it a challenge to get off.

XC800

I like what Triumph has done over the years, old and new... There are several things on this new bike not so much, but im sure it has some good stuff on this new bike..... Whats up with that front fender like 1/4" off the front tire ? This bike has to get a radiator guard the first day it leaves the dealer, gunna get a dent and might crack if ya bust on some rocks... I'm sure price is going to be good and competitive for this segment.... Have to (for fun) go see one when they get here..... !!!

More of these bikes in this segment of the industry is a good thing in my eyes... The more people with these types bikes just over all strengthens the motorcycle passion in the USA !!!! :yahoo:
It must be a 2012 version or I'm missing something because I can't find it on Triumph USA or the Triumph England site.

I have been kicking around the idea of getting the Yamaha WR250R. She's less than 300lbs wet, fuel injected with very little maintenance (valve check at 24K :eek: ). :yahoo: A great Colorado single track bike :)

XC800

Brother Mick, I do believe that this new Triumph XC800 is going to be a great dual sport; certainly much better than the new Super Tenere will be due to its heavy bulk.

I hold no illusions on my new Super Tenere arriving next May, it is simply too fecking heavy for any serious dual sport work. But, it absolutely will carry your fat old Papa Chuy to Guatemala City and Inuvik; which is the reason I am buying it. If Yamaha had been serious about producing a real dual sport for single track, they would have made the Super Tenere 1200 500 lbs.; not that porky ass 600 lbs., they screwed up on this weight issue big time! However, I will still love mi muy bonita Eva Mendes!

P1030012.jpg

Gratuitous shot of Eva Mendes beautiful body!

EvaMendes.jpg

Gratuitous shot of Salma Hayek's very nice boobies!

398246590_b1a674a2de_o.jpg

One cannot have enough photos of Senoritas Eva and Salma!

Brother Mick, I do believe that this new Triumph XC800 is going to be a great dual sport; certainly much better than the new Super Tenere will be due to its heavy bulk.
I like pork, Papa Chuy. If I were buying today, I'd STILL go with a GS Adventure.

If you're gonna spend LONG hours in the saddle, and cover some distance, cushy is good.

(At my age, I only stand on the pegs to pass gas.)

One cannot have enough photos of Senoritas Eva and Salma!
You are wise beyond your years, Papa Chuy. (...And that's saying something.)

Okay, back to the Super Tee.

Sorry.

:D

Willkommen zur Welt von BMW! Alles ist hier Vollkommen und Taglich ist Wundervoll. Sie sind ein Teil unserer glucklichen Familie und wunschen nie Ihre Bruder und Schwestern lassen. Geniessen Sie das Kostliche Purpurrote Kool-Hilfsmittel!!!

WTF ? :p
Oh and I forgot, once those Bavarian's own you they will implant the capability to speak and write German. :huh:

This is what I was able to translate when the Motor Works took over Don's keyboard....

Welcome to the world by BMW! Everything is perfect and Taglich is wonderful here. They are a part of our glucklichen family and wunschen never your brother and sisters leave. Enjoy the Kostliche magenta-red Kool aids!!!
Sehr gut, Herr Chris; Wunderbar! An outstanding job of translation! A real quick remedial: Taglich=Everyday and Glucklichen=Happy. But, all in all, a correct rendering.

As you have correctly noted above, Hans und Dieter, der Bayerische Motoren Werke AG Motorraden Enforcers (former Waffen SS for Hans und Stasi Polizei for Dieter) in Berlin, DE do conduct ongoing surveillance on my keyboard activities on a 24/7 basis. It is just one of the small requirements of BMW Ridership, along with taking the Blood Oath and having a Bleu und Weiss Roundel tattoo stenciled on your posterior. But, Hans und Dieter were very impressed by your translation! And, they were even more impressed when I told them that you were ein Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz Mattighofen Motorrad rider; since the Austrians are their first cousins. They see a bright future for you as a BMW Owner. To prove that even Germans such as Hans und Dieter have a sense of humor, they told me a little joke to pass on to you: "Do you know the definition of a good Austrian? Nein? An Austrian is a PERFECT German!" Jawohl Arnie, es geht mir gut! That Hans und Dieter are a pair of wild and crazy guys! Auf Wiedersehen, Schatzie.
Boy Don, just read this. I gotta call mach shiest on this one!

Sir Bo-Croat = Glucklichen :D

I copied this from another post off of the ADV site, thought it was some good insight and thoughts...............

I see you have both the F800 and the S10. I was about to purchase the F800 until I saw the S10 available. I demo'd the F800 on street/dirt roads as well as about a half mile of easy single track. A friend let me ride his KTM 950 on the street and off road recently. How do you compare the F800 to the S10?

If you've already gone through this somewhere on ADV or you would rather PM me please let me know, thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually test rode the KTM990, 1200GS and 1200GSA before the S10 and immediately decided on the S10 after a 3 hour test ride - have not regretted the decision one bit, except for crappy delivery dates for the stacks of accessories that I ordered (and have STILL not fully received! *&%*&%!)

My intention was to keep the F800GS for town and off road riding and use the S10 for longer trips. I have had the S10 for nearly 4 months now and the ONLY time I've used the F800GS, was when I took it in for a service - the S10, in my opinion handles as good, if not better in town traffic (very nimble) and when dirt riding - I feel safer on it - brakes are SUPERB, adjustable traction control works very well and, believe it or not, the S10 really feels lighter than the F800GS (lower centre of gravity) - my F800GS will be up for sale next week, I will miss it, as in South Africa, the service one get's from BMW seems to be much better than from Yamaha - S10 IS the nicest bike I've had so far.

I take it you're from the US? Your pricing is VERY GOOD, compared to what we pay in SA....

All you dickheads got me thinking about a high mileage adventure bike (and Selma!). I was perfectly fine with the DR but if you guys are going to start a new club I wanna play. I don't think I could go the whole 550+ LB route but this would get me down the road and keep me entertained once I get there.

1058261747_VCXua-X3.jpg

Throw on a Renazco and Giant Loop saddle bag and I'm good-to-go.

1058261747_VCXua-X3.jpg

Oh no the farkling just begins my fellow orange koolaid drinker. Once you take a sip it's hard to stop drinking it. :dribble:

The SE is a most excellent choice if I do say!! :yahoo:

No doubt. KTM is the clear choice in off-road ability, if one has limitless funds.

The one other thing that would worry me about them somewhat (if I could actually afford one) would be the idea of waiting around for parts somewhere out in BFE.

1058261747_VCXua-X3.jpg

Oh no the farkling just begins my fellow orange koolaid drinker. Once you take a sip it's hard to stop drinking it. :dribble:

La Pregunta - A Question: I am also a big KTM fan, even though I have never owned an Orange Pumpkin! But I am baffled about something KTM. When Katoom brought out that beautiful and so sweet new 690 single engine, why did they not produce a 690 Adventure model? I loved the KTM 640 Adventure, except for that paint shaker 640 motor, the most violent vibrating single I have ever ridden in my life; and I spent my teenage years with a BSA 441 Victor Special! The chassis, suspension and 7.4 gallon fuel tank made the Adventure an ultimate Mexico/Yukon off road machine! The 640 motor shakes your balls so badly, you'd willingly give them to Bustanut joker!

I simply just cannot understand why the Men from Mattighofen, Osterreich have not utilized that incredible 690 motor in a newly revised Adventure model. Was ist los?

1058261747_VCXua-X3.jpg

La Pregunta - A Question: I am also a big KTM fan, even though I have never owned an Orange Pumpkin! But I am baffled about something KTM. When Katoom brought out that beautiful and so sweet new 690 single engine, why did they not produce a 690 Adventure model? I loved the KTM 640 Adventure, except for that paint shaker 640 motor, the most violent vibrating single I have ever ridden in my life; and I spent my teenage years with a BSA 441 Victor Special! The chassis, suspension and 7.4 gallon fuel tank made the Adventure an ultimate Mexico/Yukon off road machine! The 640 motor shakes your balls so badly, you'd willingly give them to Bustanut joker!

I simply just cannot understand why the Men from Mattighofen, Osterreich have not utilized that incredible 690 motor in a newly revised Adventure model. Was ist los?
I agree! I too don't understand this either. There is an after market tank made by Safari which gives you a combine total of 26L. However the tank cost $700.

La Respuesta (maybe?) :unsure: : Something was wrong with the engine on the KTM you rode? All LC4 engines, from the beginning, have been (internally, mechanically) counter-balanced. Maybe the one you rode had the balancer out-of-sync, or? (not unheard of...). :huh:

I too rode a 441 'Victim' (square-barrel) -- we know a little about shaking/vibration... :eek:

As for KTM LC4s: they've all (the big singles) been about the same size -- 620 = 608cc, 101 X 76; 640 = 625cc, 101 X 78; 690 = 654cc, 102 X 80. The small differences shouldn't make one much different from another -- vibration-wise -- especially when there's a balancer.

I think the 'Dakar' (and similar 'rally-raids') going to 450cc for the top class may have a lot to do with it...(for the 'Adventure' model)? :unsure:

There are a few of us kicking tires over on the ADV site to have a SUPER TENERE ride/party TEXAS style... I want to take part in making this happen and make it a great event! This will be open to other bikes aswell.. Anyone interested in going? There is no schedule.. Just some thoughts being thrown around....

Anyone, Anyone ??? :clapping:

There are a few of us kicking tires over on the ADV site to have a SUPER TENERE ride/party TEXAS style... I want to take part in making this happen and make it a great event! This will be open to other bikes aswell.. Anyone interested in going? There is no schedule.. Just some thoughts being thrown around....

Anyone, Anyone ??? :clapping:

There is no one out there that wants to have a Super Tenere party in Texas ?? You for real ? :blink: