Your favorite Scotch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These will do:
glenfiddich.jpg
306.jpg

But summer is just about here and it'll be back to gin & tonic.
oh, but the glenlivet 18 is beautiful! give it a go....

My all time favorite is the Balvenie 21 Port wood finish.....

balvenie-21yr_v.jpg

Blends are a good, tuesday night whisky. Chivas is good. ballantines all right. Jonny has his place, mostly blue and black tho. But there are so many good single malts that I prefer those.....

Others I like:

glenlivet 18

Macallan 15/18

Dalwhinnie 12

i've got a bunch more in the cabinet, but those are the most recent into the tumbler....

Most overrated (and overpriced) alchoholic beverage in the universe.
Tastes like shit...the closest analogue is any form of equine bladder flush.

Give me a good Tanqueray & Tonic any day of the week.

Let's at least stick to whiskies here................and everyone knows Bombay Sapphire is better than Tanguerey.....

That's OK 'cause you can't taste them anyway when you dump them in tonic.

Gin should never be defiled by mixing it with anything but a drop of vermouth.

And, back to the whiskeys, scotch should only receive a splash of spring water. For a nice, easy going, everyday single malt scotch, I like Oban. Special occasions call for anything 12 years or older (depending on how $pecial it is) from Macallen.

Perhaps those that imbibe might also mention what cigar they like to accompany their drink of choice......

KM
Padron_1926.jpg

I like anything that Padron rolls, but the Anniversarios are heavenly.

Far better than any Dominicans, including the over rated Fuente OpusX

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you're drinking Pendleton Whisky, you're wasting your time. (Insert shameless plug - HRD is my wife's company, she does they're marketing and PR)

Stallion.jpg

Unless you're drinking Pendleton Whisky, you're wasting your time. (Insert shameless plug - HRD is my wife's company, she does they're marketing and PR)
Stallion.jpg
So, we can count on free sample cases at NAFO??
Ha! I may have some samples in my side "cases" but I suspect you're referring to another type of case... ;)

@ Fred W - I just sent a friend in Virginia to ABC Liquor to find Pendleton. That is one of the few stores you can purchase Pendleton on the east coast right now. Not sure if you have ABC in your area or not...

Stallion.jpg
So, we can count on free sample cases at NAFO??
Ha! I may have some samples in my side "cases" but I suspect you're referring to another type of case... ;)

@ Fred W - I just sent a friend in Virginia to ABC Liquor to find Pendleton. That is one of the few stores you can purchase Pendleton on the east coast right now. Not sure if you have ABC in your area or not...

Are you talking about this Virginia ABC Liquors? https://www.abc.virginia.gov/ I can say we definitely do not.

We do have the NH State operated liquor stores. Check out the prices!!

But it looks like they don't carry Pendleton. Maybe someone down in Mass might?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you talking about this Virginia ABC Liquors?
Oh, heh, heh, hey, I guess that's what ABC stands for, eh? Sorry, I simply asked my wife the other day where in Virginia, she called their guy on the east coast and he said ABC stores.

It is tough to come by on the east coast - Jack has the market cornered.

Man there's a bunch of lushes on this forum. I can hear the livers crying for mercy as we chat.

I do love whisky. Not so much cigars. Quit smokin' anything a long time ago.

Out of all the store bought stuff I like Dickel 12. On ice in the summer.

Off topic, this is for any forum member who's name is dan. Local liquer store has a new rum named,,,,,"Dan's spiced rum". They were giving 1/2 shot samples away.

Likely as silly as an Oil Thread..

But what is your favorite Scotch?

The bombardment of the single malts on the market now has me hopelessly and a bit wonderfully sampling all that I can find..(just thought I got wine figured out..)

17-year-old Ardbeg is hard to beat . . . all I ever drink any more (except when I'm sipping Basil Hayden or slummin' with Jack Black). . . . no water, no ice.

I like many, hard to say a favorite. I'd say Oban, Laphroaig, Glenmorangie (port barrel), Talisker are near the top of my list. Usually with a Cuesta Rey pyramid #9!

They are all good. Well, except this Caol Ila I had once. I get mine here: Full Strength. Been a member for about 13 years. If I'm running cheap I'll just go with Famous Grouse. That's just a blend of Highland Park and The MacCallan. It'll do in a pinch.

I like the Famous Grouse. As I go through a bottle a month (at least) I try not to get myself involved in the higher end bottles.

I do have a bottle of Chivas Royal Salute 21 yr old that I am slowly nursing to emptyness.

We have a liquor store in town called Luka's Liquor Supermarket..that sells seemingly EVERYTHING.

They have free wine tasting on Saturdays, and some times have open bottles of the various Scotches and Whiskeys you can sample. (The only time I missed a saturday tasting was when I was in the hospital)

So , keep up the suggestions , I'm taking notes....

KM

Macallen, and if heresy is to be invited, splash some in a glass on top of guiness.

wwwwhhhoooo, great taste. :clapping: