Another PAIR removal approach, wadyathink?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me see 2 pieces of hose and 4 hose clamps that are "good enough" or some nice clean block off plates.

Uh...put me on the list for block off plates.

Ross

Hey Joe,

Just read up on this post. Wish I would of known you were in for

some suds.... BUT considering how heavy I am... I suppose the

Vault Zeros were better for me ! HAhahahahahahah!

Glad you could make it over for the parts.

BTW, the black anodized with the Yami tuning forks on the left and right, and "FJR1300" on the middle sounds good to me!!

Talk to you soon!!

Webby

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, the black anodized with the Yami tuning forks on the left and right, and "FJR1300" on the middle sounds good to me!!
Don't forget, the inscription idea was mine! :)
Radio,

Well it was yours... Until I found out how much larger I am than you...

Now its mine...

Biotch....

Hahahahahaha!!!

WW

Radio,

Now its mine...

Biotch....

Hahahahahaha!!!

WW
6'4", 280 pounds, ya spindly little mofo!

To quote "Curly" from "City Slickers", "I crap bigger than you."

:)

Radio,

Now its mine...

Biotch....

Hahahahahaha!!!

WW
6'4", 280 pounds, ya spindly little mofo!

To quote "Curly" from "City Slickers", "I crap bigger than you."

:)
Hahahaha!!

If you 280lbs... U know all about not seeing on what your peeing on!!

Curly's my biotch too!

So don't be no foo, foo.

(like Mr. T said)

:yahoo:

WW

Okay, okay.....before this lovefest gets too out of hand (I get confused very easily at my age) who's gonna step up and start crankin' out PAIR Blockoff Plates?
08FJR4ME, Joe2LMaker, Gary, ELP_JC or Spacely Sprockets?

In the words of Nike, God of Tennis Shoes, "Just Do It!"

:clapping:
CMB bowed out. ELP_JC is missing out due to PM problems.

I'm still planning on making three sets. Based on that, I can let you know what it would cost to buy them from me, but I just assumed everyone was going to freak if I put a price out there. Like I wrote earlier... I don't know how garauld does it :dntknw:

[SIZE=8pt]Don't worry Gramps and Wicked Webby you guys get steep discounts. ;) I'm a big believer that if I'm lying in a ditch, the guys I ride with should want to save my life. :D [/SIZE]

Okay, okay.....before this lovefest gets too out of hand (I get confused very easily at my age) who's gonna step up and start crankin' out PAIR Blockoff Plates?
08FJR4ME, Joe2LMaker, Gary, ELP_JC or Spacely Sprockets?

In the words of Nike, God of Tennis Shoes, "Just Do It!"

:clapping:
CMB bowed out. ELP_JC is missing out due to PM problems.

I'm still planning on making three sets. Based on that, I can let you know what it would cost to buy them from me, but I just assumed everyone was going to freak if I put a price out there. Like I wrote earlier... I don't know how garauld does it :dntknw:

[SIZE=8pt]Don't worry Gramps and Wicked Webby you guys get steep discounts. ;) I'm a big believer that if I'm lying in a ditch, the guys I ride with should want to save my life. :D [/SIZE]
Joe, make a fourth - put me on the list.

Way to take this project on Joe. B) Much appreciated big time!!
Gracias-emoticon.png

[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

I'm a big believer that if I'm lying in a ditch, the guys I ride with should
want
to save my life.
:D

As long as your riding privileges in Wisconsin have been reinstalled. :p

ELP_JC is missing out due to PM problems.
It is my understanding that the sets he made, which were very professional looking, caused him a lot of heartache. I suspect that he sold them at little to no profit, but some of his "customers" treated him poorly in terms of the time to completion - they wanted them done right now! I may be misrepresenting some of this, but I am pretty confident he would not be interested in going another round.

Looking at the list of people requesting plates this time around it sounds like you might have a better go of it. ;)

O.K. guys. I'm making several pair of these.

And I'm making several versions. This is plate 1 of the three plate set (all I have time for tonight) in the version with sharp edges:

1_5JW_G1-2%20sharp.JPG

The edges won't really be sharp, but they won't have the rounded over edges on the top. You'll see what I mean later.

So, in addition to the plain aluminum sharp version, I'll make some plain (untreated) aluminum ones with the rounded top edge.

And for those of you with money to burn, I'll have a few sets (four for sure) with the rounded top edges sent out for anodizing.

edit 3.31.2009:

I have all of the plates drawn:

FJR%20PAIR%20cover%20plates-sharp.JPG

Did I just click the wrong bookmark in my browser and end up in the BMW forum? Talk about an over engineered solution for a problem that doesn't exist. If I were gonna yank out the smog stuff (and I don't know why I would) I'd cap it off with some plain old hoses and sealant gunk. But hey, y'all want to spend 30 bucks on some slick metalwork, go for it! :)